New QB walk-on

Card Fan In Bama

Getting the Hang of It
Aug 10, 2006
Sean McCormack Sr Stats..3075 yards 40 TDs

Link

Ce_klpJUEAAjh47.jpg

Last edited:
In all honesty his he throws very catchable passes with some good touch on them like Teddy threw.

Me too...makes decision and quickly gets rid of the ball

QB is one of the hardest positions to evaluate...just think about it....Drew Barker was considered at better prospect coming out of HS than Lamar Jackson...so was Jeff Driskell considered a better prospect than Teddy Bridgewater.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
QB is one of the hardest positions to evaluate...just think about it....Drew Barker was considered at better prospect coming out of HS than Lamar Jackson...so was Jeff Driskell considered a better prospect than Teddy Bridgewater.
There is also the hype machines, and personal bias's to deal with.

Same in BB. Many teams in the NCAA had one player most anybody could use, but they ended up at "_____ University" for any number of reasons.

Who heard of Buddy Hield in HS around here?

Last edited:
There is also the hype machines, and personal bias's to deal with.

Same in BB. Many teams in the NCAA had one player most anybody could use, but they ended up at "_____ University" for any number of reasons.

Who heard of Buddy Hield in HS around here?
Or Russ Smith, lol?

The "quick" decision I like about this walk-on QB is that he is absolutely fearless about trying to break the ceiling at a position of huge strength for us. It says he is confident, that he admires the program and that he relishes the challenge. With a team full of guys like that, we could stay on top forever, lol.

Reactions: Cue Card and 65bird
Or Russ Smith, lol?

The "quick" decision I like about this walk-on QB is that he is absolutely fearless about trying to break the ceiling at a position of huge strength for us. It says he is confident, that he admires the program and that he relishes the challenge. With a team full of guys like that, we could stay on top forever, lol.
On top of what? We haven't won anything since the Big East days.
As regards this QB, he looks really strong. Why no D1 offers? Academic issues? Character issues? I hope he sticks and prospers. You can't have too many good QBs.

I have no idea how anyone thought that Driskell was going to be a great QB. He was similar to Tebow coming out of HS with his build and how he ran the ball but he was an awful passer. On the flip side Teddy was underrated and should've been near the top of the 4 star rankings somewhere between 50-75 overall probably.

It's too early to know whether Barker or Jackson will live up to or exceed their ranking. Barker has only played in 3 games (only 1 from start to finish) so without a bigger sample it's hard to judge him at this point. Jackson has shown flashes but was inconsistent as you'd expect any true freshmen to be. Lamar had success at times when he wasn't throwing well or making it all the way through his progressions. His elite speed makes him dangerous even though he has a ways to go as a passer. Drew depends so much more heavily on being a passer which is harder to do as an inexperienced college QB. Drew has to throw with more consistency and improve his decision making (takes a lot of unnecessary risks/picks). Lamar will have to become a better passer and learn to stay in the pocket more and trust his arm. As the unquestioned starter teams will concentrate on keeping Jackson in the pocket and making him throw especially after the UK and TAMU games. It's very hard to stay healthy when you run as much as Lamar did last year so for him to reach his ceiling (it is very high) he will have to successfully develop the other parts of his game

Jackson has looked fantastic from the pocket this Spring....Somewhat similar to the leap Bridgewater took between 2011 to 2012. Not saying he Bridgewater accurate but he has improved

Players on defense that have shown leaps in improvement on defense in the limited Spring Practice that we have seen are James Hearns-(who slimmed down) and DE Drew Bailey...TIFWIW

Last edited:
LOL only UK fans doubt Lamar. If they don't see a monstrous freight train coming I would worry about their sanity. Comparing a kid who ran for 1,000 yards in a tough D1 schedule and whose abilities began polishing during the very season itself, culminating the spanking he gave A & M, was already a study in improvement arcs. His passes to Peete and especially to Towbridge during the A&M game were epic pinpoint passing. Buying into Lamar's need for improvement neglects the tools he already expresses on the field. He did almost everything last season on raw talent.

Barker, on the other hand, should be a fascinating embarrassment. What interests me more is the mule behind him, whoever in God's name that will be. Posts like this - searching for equivalent QB competence because it's just words anyway - are the manna from football heaven UK posters supply in such hilarious multitudes. If I asked this guy if he would take Bolin over Barker, he would decline, I guarantee it. UofL will prolly have 5 QB's on this year's roster who are better than Barker.

They can go to one of the few remaining open practices and or the Spring Game on the 16th they can see for themselves the improvement Jackson has made in Pocket awareness...but James Hearns is going to be a problem for opposing offenses this coming year...

They can go to one of the few remaining open practices and or the Spring Game on the 16th they can see for themselves the improvement Jackson has made in Pocket awareness...but James Hearns is going to be a problem for opposing offenses this coming year...
I've posted this before and it gives me great pleasure to do it again - coming out of high school Hearns had offers from Florida, Auburn, Florida State, LSU, Georgia, Notre Dame and Ohio State. Every major power in this part of the country. How we beat those folks out I don't know.

Sometimes it's not about the name on front of the jersey when you coming out of high school. Some guys go where they will grow and learn as players, so they can get to the next level. They go where the coaches make them feel comfortable and will get a chance.

LOL only UK fans doubt Lamar. If they don't see a monstrous freight train coming I would worry about their sanity. Comparing a kid who ran for 1,000 yards in a tough D1 schedule and whose abilities began polishing during the very season itself, culminating the spanking he gave A & M, was already a study in improvement arcs. His passes to Peete and especially to Towbridge during the A&M game were epic pinpoint passing. Buying into Lamar's need for improvement neglects the tools he already expresses on the field. He did almost everything last season on raw talent.

Barker, on the other hand, should be a fascinating embarrassment. What interests me more is the mule behind him, whoever in God's name that will be. Posts like this - searching for equivalent QB competence because it's just words anyway - are the manna from football heaven UK posters supply in such hilarious multitudes. If I asked this guy if he would take Bolin over Barker, he would decline, I guarantee it. UofL will prolly have 5 QB's on this year's roster who are better than Barker.
You'd think that Jackson would be all world in the eyes of uk fans, I don't think that they could stop him if we went 8 on 11 against them.

The "backup mule" for them is a backup southern conference qb, yes, a backup from the southern conference...lol

I've posted this before and it gives me great pleasure to do it again - coming out of high school Hearns had offers from Florida, Auburn, Florida State, LSU, Georgia, Notre Dame and Ohio State. Every major power in this part of the country. How we beat those folks out I don't know.

The issue if i remember correctly was he qualified very late in the process....but yes coming out of HS he was very heavily recruited....the same applies for Stacy Thomas...he had a knee injury to overcome...expect a so,I'd year from him as well.

Well, he has potential, because the coaching stfaff would not waste their time, if he did not have potential.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT