ADVERTISEMENT

New President gets $5M Donation. Huge start.

To be fair Tyra does not seem like the greatest fundraiser.

I’m thinking the same but I also think we should give him a little longer to prove himself as a “fundraiser”. He’s been on the job what, maybe 9 months? Let’s give him a while longer on the job.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Fund raising abilities should have been one of the AD's top requirements. They were for the new President who is off to a good start and she has been on the job less time than Tyra.

Reactions: zipp
Fund raising abilities should have been one of the AD's top requirements. They were for the new President who is off to a good start and she has been on the job less time than Tyra.

I believe a University President will get a faster response than an athletic director will. How come you can’t be happy about this situation regardless of whom get’s the credit? I guess some folks just want to be pissed off.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Who said I wasn't happy about this situation, you? I am happy about the situation and it looks like she is off to a good start. They did a good job hiring somebody who is qualified for the job. She was not hired because of Bubba politics.
I am pretty sure the money she raised will be used for other things at the university and not for athletics. We need Tyra to step up and match Jurich on the donations and prove he is worth a million a year.

Reactions: gocds
You made the comment that Tyra hasn't been there long enough only 9 months give him some time. 9 months is a long time without a major donation.

Who said I wasn't happy about this situation, you? I am happy about the situation and it looks like she is off to a good start. They did a good job hiring somebody who is qualified for the job. She was not hired because of Bubba politics.
I am pretty sure the money she raised will be used for other things at the university and not for athletics. We need Tyra to step up and match Jurich on the donations and prove he is worth a million a year.

Welll originally it was $1.2 million annually but Vince Tyra cut it, on his own initiative, to $850,000 annually so see there, he’s already “raised” $350,000. :p;):) Let’s give him a little further opportunity.

850,000 is base salary it doesn't include all the other perks like car allowances, travel and etc. He is making over a million a year.

I believe a University President will get a faster response than an athletic director will. How come you can’t be happy about this situation regardless of whom get’s the credit? I guess some folks just want to be pissed off.

I think it goes a little further than just him though. I agree he hasnt been doing well in that area. However, now that we have a new president and she just got this donation, the others should start picking back up. Kind of like a kickstarter, like we needed a commit from Josh to kickstart things in recruiting as well. It also will help when Grissom is off the board soon.

Reactions: Vestavia57
I think it goes a little further than just him though. I agree he hasnt been doing well in that area. However, now that we have a new president and she just got this donation, the others should start picking back up. Kind of like a kickstarter, like we needed a commit from Josh to kickstart things in recruiting as well. It also will help when Grissom is off the board soon.

He should probably start paying attention to donors when they are having issues rather than sounding like a fool when he says that he didn't realize it was a big enough deal for him to get involved when they pull their money. He also should stop telling donors he can't say where there money went when construction was constantly happening up and down Floyd st.

I really want Tyra to do well because UofL needs it but he is making it harder to support him when he makes dumb statements like he has about donors.

As usual, I look at this stuff quantitatively...

The last four years of Ramsey's time with the Foundation (2013-2016), their "expenses" were more than 500 million dollars. The bulk of that were contributions to U of L.

Neeli's good news this week is 1% of that number...

As usual, I look at this stuff quantitatively...

The last four years of Ramsey's time with the Foundation (2013-2016), their "expenses" were more than 500 million dollars. The bulk of that were contributions to U of L.

Neeli's good news this week is 1% of that number...

1 month compared to 3+ years = Zipp's logic.

Fraud Ramsey > Neeli = Zipp's brain.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
1 month compared to 3+ years = Zipp's logic.

Fraud Ramsey > Neeli = Zipp's brain.
I never said to fill out Neeli's report card. Just don't expect me to do a somersault over one big donor writing one big check. That's what sunshine pumpers are looking for.

Ramsey's record stands on its own, not newspaper headlines with allegations and cherry picked info. I'll take a half billion from Neeli the next four years and be happy, happy, happy.

And you're still an idiot...

I am impressed with Bendapudi she is really working hard meeting with all the powerful money people trying to get there support. After reading the article although the Brown donation was generous and appreciated it is alarming that the Brown family helped tumble what we once had.

...although the Brown donation was generous and appreciated it is alarming that the Brown family helped tumble what we once had.
Gee, I wonder if there's a connection? ...The first thing that crossed my mind when I heard about this unexpected donation. Maybe Pizza Guy will come thru next week.

And let's see if Neeli is as successful with other donors who don't have agendas. I think there are a lot more of them...

Wow some of you really don't know what your talking about when it comes to donations . I can speak factually wish i could show the invoice. I work for a company Local in accounting and i know for a dam fact my company has made a donation since Tyra has been their $500,000 . Most places only choose to name their benefactors when they make a very substantial amount 5 mil qualifies. And alot of donors such as my company which isn't publicly traded chooses to remain anonymous which MOST donors do!

Wow some of you really don't know what your talking about when it comes to donations . I can speak factually wish i could show the invoice. I work for a company Local in accounting and i know for a dam fact my company has made a donation since Tyra has been their $500,000 . Most places only choose to name their benefactors when they make a very substantial amount 5 mil qualifies. And alot of donors such as my company which isn't publicly traded chooses to remain anonymous which MOST donors do!
All of this stuff--including the CJ account and your example--are data points. The EOY numbers reflect what's really happening that matters.

We have our stories that cut both ways. It's when one person starts telling one and says "see?" that we get into this debate. And it has nothing to do with "knowing what you're talking about"...

She spoke at orientation to incoming freshmen of which my daughter is a part of and she was very impressive. She even gave her cell phone number to the students.

She spoke at orientation to incoming freshmen of which my daughter is a part of and she was very impressive. She even gave her cell phone number to the students.

I don’t recall the president speaking to us last year. Bummer.

How could you miss the guy?...

d7a972acb4c5843751485fb4a40fd20d.jpg

Nope it was snotter making the speech. I believe he either fell asleep or passed out on the podium. Dr. Postel . . . . . Where was he?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT