ADVERTISEMENT

New name for RUPP ARENA?

It would make Cow's life to have his name on the center.

I have a good friend who is an executive for Kroger’s and he was really upset when Kroger was put on sUcK field.

Interesting article in today’s CJ by Ricky Jones about this. He mentions a couple of documented examples of Rupp using racist comments.

Last edited:
Interesting article in today’s CJ by Ricky Jones about this. He mentions a couple of documented examples of Rupp using racist comments.

I didn't read the full article, but he's right. If elite black basketball prospects stopped going to UK to play, they'd change that name in a nanosecond. You can bet every dollar you have that in this day and age of social and racial awareness, coaches are using that angle against Cal.

Change the name and then vacate his titles!!

1. Rupp-racist - school given the death penalty
2. Sutton - drunk
3. Pitino - Best they've ever had, won a tilte, and they hate him
4. Billy g....LMAO!
5. Calimari....they hated him at UMass, hated him at Memphis...now he's god.

I find al this, along with their defense of Rupp....amusing. And joyful!

It’s being reported that ESPN has an article about this as their lead story. No I have not verified. My understanding is the city of Lexington actually owns the building. It would seem that the mayor would ultimately be the guy deciding. This is not going away. Someone will have to make a public statement on the final decision.

I wonder what “Mr. Liberal-Progressive” Matty Bangs thinks about all this? If he’s for changing the name, he alienates a huge part of their fanbase even more. If he’s against the name change, well, then he’s an even bigger hypocrite.

I remember hearing about the recruitment of Wes Unseld when Unseld was a junior. Louisville fans were happy that Rupp was a racist because that was the reason he came to Louisville. The story goes that Unseld went on a visit to Lexington. Rupp told him he could play at sUcK but he couldn’t eat or socialize with the white players. He came home and committed to Louisville.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT