ADVERTISEMENT

New Mod in Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say don't listen to him and he doesn't represent us, but it seems that mindset of fear of big blewww nation has taken over the forum.

They say they hate UK and don't want anything to do with them, but they'll make a million threads and posts every time something about UK comes up.
I get the trash talking. It’s part of message boards and being rivals. It’s just weird to me someone would be banned for the team they cheer for, even with following board rules and just talking hoops.

Reactions: sk73
I get the trash talking. It’s part of message boards and being rivals. It’s just weird to me someone would be banned for the team they cheer for, even with following board rules and just talking hoops.
I mean I'd say that's what you should expect coming to a Rival board. It's not right nor fair, but then again life is not fair. Similar to our President telling people they aren't welcome, that's the mood in America at the moment.

We have bigger problems as a fanbase and this forum is an example of why we have them. We still act like Little Brother and UK is our boogeyman.

We have state of the art facilities for all of our sports. We have won 3 National titles in the last 40 years in Basketball. We have been to 3 BCS and NY6 bowls in football. The Dream Game happened, they played us. We begged for the Rivalry and when we were underdogs fighting UK, it was more fun with nothing to lose.

Now that we've grown we have expectations. No longer can we say "Well I'd hope you beat us, look at all your advantages here and here". I think now that we are an established Power 5 school and have had sustained success of 20 years along with growth, we're no longer that underdog with nothing to lose. We are now taken serious. So now we can't just ignore UK and UK cannot ignore us. And when we lose, it wasn't because they had unfair advantages, we've just lost. We can't pull the underdog card anymore, they take us serious now. And some of our fans cannot get past it

Reactions: The-Hack and sk73
The best sports message board I ever encountered was a Tampa bay bucs board sometime around 2002 or so. I forget which one as I don’t follow my bucs like I used to. But that board was so well run that it became the hub for all nfl team’s fans. I believe it had more registered users than the main NFL board at the time. I’m sure they didn’t intend to attract fans of every other NFL team but they were welcoming, yet stern and it sort of just happened organically. It was cool.

I am saying this with all due respect, so don't ban me for simply disagreeing. And I am putting this first because the feeling I am getting is that you will just ban if you find one thing wrong.

But that above just YOUR opinion. That is not the rules. Basically stating "Don't come here with a CatsIllustrated account" is nowhere in the rules. And I respect that you are the mod, but it seems you interpret your job is to make your own rules rather than just interpret the rules. And none of those rednecks you've banned ever seemed to break any rules on this site. They never targeted anyone. And maybe that is how you interpret your job, but I just think it again gives us that little brother label we have fought hard to get past the last 20 years as we have made amazing strides.

We have posters on here that constantly cross lines and break rules. They hijack threads and insult people non-stop. The UK fans honestly contribute more quality posts than most people here. This forum used to have so many great posters, but for some reason they left. And it was something that started even before @Steelers2012 became mod. I like using Rivals because it is a great site and a good way to read and discuss with other fanbases (not just UK). And now that @Mark Ennis has started here, I have considered subscribing.

The problem is that we don't want a Kentucky forum, yet our biggest topics on here are about Kentucky and they live in our head rent free. And don't say we don't, we already have new thread today about some caller calling into to Matty Bangz KSR show. So obviously we are listening and care what they say. Why not listen to Maybin during that time? I know, because Bangz lives rent free in our heads with his soutthhhhherrnnnnn draawwwwllll.

I bet I speak for the majority, if we want this a place for UofL discussion then keep it that way. I bet we'd have more posters come back if we stopped making this a "Cry about Kentucky first and Cardinal Sports second forum".

Wrong. This board’s #1 is most definitely arguing past vs current regime and how Pitino/Jurich shouldn’t have been fired and how our current BOT members are out to get UofL

Yeah, if they say "Hay Tardinals, you suck "...yeah, ban 'em.

If they are not being obnoxious trolls....what's wrong with them giving their opinions? If I say that Bobby P took a sh*t on the Louisville football program, the a UK fan should be able to say it as well(with civility...of course).

Sounds like our new mod might need thicker skin, or thicker feathers...whatever.
No, it sounds like you like to engage UK fans. Again if you want to do that go to cat piss. We are here to discuss U of L. Allowing just one opens the door for many and then the name calling begins and the threads go to hell. In your example, you have the kittie agreeing with us that CBP sucked. In reality, the kittie will say that SS is going to jump ship when Mack Brown retires. It’s ok if U of L fans can discuss that sensibly but we don’t cat fans predicting what U of L will and won’t do because we know their real motives.

There is a post that Mikes Marbles posted that summarizes it best.

Last edited:
I do believe some of you KY fans are struggling understanding the message here. Don't come on our board and give your opinion. This is Cardinal Sports board. We will post anything we desire about KY. We enjoy talking trash on you as much as you enjoy talking trash about us on your Liar board. You have no idea the discussions that go on in private messages here. Now to get to my cleaning.
I am sure the UK board has had thin skinned mods before. I am sure some have been banned for doing very little.
For the most part, I have experienced conversations with fans from many boards. It has been a satisfying addition to following UK sports. I am not afraid of another schools fans insight or, trash talk for that matter. A board can get stale and boring for everyone if it is monitored in the way you describe above. I hope you will monitor with what is acceptable speech without dismissing those that may not agree. There are not many active posters on this board as it is.

Reactions: buc puppet
Have you ever posted on the UK board? If so ,were you banned?

Today, I have zero desire to go to Ky boards. However, years ago (at least 15, I was living in Indy at the time) I did attempt. You had to get permission, I was turned down because “Card” was in my name.

No problems with the IU, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, and Tennessee boards, but you had to get “permission” for Ky. :rolleyes:

I remember, years ago, the Syracuse board was run by these Northeast purists, they hated Louisville and the “new” Big East. They at least let you post there. Unlike Ky.

Today, I have zero desire to go to Ky boards. However, years ago (at least 15, I was living in Indy at the time) I did attempt. You had to get permission, I was turned down because “Card” was in my name.

No problems with the IU, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, and Tennessee boards, but you had to get “permission” for Ky. :rolleyes:
It wasn't right then and it is not right now. Narrow minded people in a leadership position can ruin a good thing. We are interested in sports and we have a favorite team. Rivalries are healthy as long as it stays within reason. I urge you to try again. Its been 15 years.

It wasn't right then and it is not right now. Narrow minded people in a leadership position can ruin a good thing. We are interested in sports and we have a favorite team. Rivalries are healthy as long as it stays within reason. I urge you to try again. Its been 15 years.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Reactions: PHCARD
I remember, years ago, the Syracuse board was run by these Northeast purists, they hated Louisville and the “new” Big East. They at least let you post there. Unlike Ky.
It is in fact a shame that our rivalry can’t be discussed amongst each other on the Kentucky board. I fear that this board will suffer the same fate.

It is in fact a shame that our rivalry can’t be discussed amongst each other on the Kentucky board. I fear that this board will suffer the same fate.
Why can’t you be satisfied with discussing UK on your own board. Why do you need to discuss the kitties on a rivals board? There’s only one answer, you have to prove your team is better... I’ll go ahead and ease your pain and curiosity, it will never ever happen so don’t waste your brain power.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Why can’t you be satisfied with discussing UK on your own board. Why do you need to discuss the kitties on a rivals board? There’s only one answer, you have to prove your team is better... I’ll go ahead and ease your pain and curiosity, it will never ever happen so don’t waste your brain power.
High fiving and butt slapping with like minded people just doesn’t interest me. I value a good discussion about ball that involves opposing views. I wish both boards would open their doors as long as the rules are clear and fairly enforced

Reactions: The-Hack and sk73
High fiving and butt slapping with like minded people just doesn’t interest me. I value a good discussion about ball that involves opposing views. I wish both boards would open their doors as long as the rules are clear and fairly enforced
If you think we are high fiving and butt slapping over here you’re mistaken. We don’t agree on all things U of L apparently (which is good) but one thing we do all agree on is that we don’t need a kitties opinion on OUR program no matter how many “I come in peace but I’m a kitty cat fan” posts. You’re wasting your time... Now if you want to start a thread that says “I’m a UK fan but I can’t stand Calimari because he’s underhanded and just a sleaze ball” I’m sure you would get some responses.

If you think we are high fiving and butt slapping over here you’re mistaken. We don’t agree on all things U of L apparently (which is good) but one thing we do all agree on is that we don’t need a kitties opinion on OUR program no matter how many “I come in peace but I’m a kitty cat fan” posts. You’re wasting your time... Now if you want to start a thread that says “I’m a UK fan but I can’t stand Calimari because he’s underhanded and just a sleaze ball” I’m sure you would get some responses.
What if he substituted the name Pitino for Calamari?

I’m not talking about butt slapping on this board. I’m saying that’s pretty much all that happens on RR. Also, as I said in another post I’m not interested in interjecting my opinion about Louisville. I will post primarily to defend UK. So we should be good

I’m not talking about butt slapping on this board. I’m saying that’s pretty much all that happens on RR. Also, as I said in another post I’m not interested in interjecting my opinion about Louisville. I will post primarily to defend UK. So we should be good
Nope, there’s nothing you can say to defend UK on this board.... You have been dropped on your head a tad too many times, I think...

I'm not sure what about this you are unable to grasp. Louisville fans don't come to this board to read rationalizations in defense of uk by uk fans. If that is what you offer, you are un-needed and unwanted here.

Ok, still seeing some of you folks from the other side. You can quietly go away or....

Last edited:
No, it sounds like you like to engage UK fans. Again if you want to do that go to cat piss. We are here to discuss U of L. Allowing just one opens the door for many and then the name calling begins and the threads go to hell. In your example, you have the kittie agreeing with us that CBP sucked. In reality, the kittie will say that SS is going to jump ship when Mack Brown retires. It’s ok if U of L fans can discuss that sensibly but we don’t cat fans predicting what U of L will and won’t do because we know their real motives.

There is a post that Mikes Marbles posted that summarizes it best.

Bring back the "Smack".

Wrong. This board’s #1 is most definitely arguing past vs current regime and how Pitino/Jurich shouldn’t have been fired and how our current BOT members are out to get UofL
I stand corrected, this is our #1 problem. But hey, this is what is allowed here.

I'm not the biggest Mack or Satterfield fan, but I cannot change that they are here so I need to hope for the best. Seem like good men that are going to work hard for their money. I'm not as optimistic in football as I am about CCM, but can't change the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT