ADVERTISEMENT

New expansion seating

Jan 9, 2016
Good morning! I will be making the trip next week for the GT-Louisville game. I wanted to check in with you guys to see where the best place to sit is in the stadium. I tend to enjoy sitting in the end zones.

Could anyone provide info as to the seating in sections 438 and 446 in the new expansion area?

Would it be better to pay just a little bit more to sit in the corners of the other end zone?

In my opinion, the best place for any GT fan would be in sections 101, 102, 201, 202, and 1-5 in the upper deck. Those are the visitors sections of the stadium.

I expect that the view from end zone will be about the same. The party deck on the south side of the stadium is about the only thing that makes the south end zone more of an attraction than the new addition in the north end zone.

I hope you enjoy the game. I do kind of wish we played 9 conference games just so we could play Georgia Tech and the others in the Coastal more than once every 6 years.

I sat in one of the lower rows in Section 439 for the WKU game. I admit I liked my seat because I had easy access to beer, concession stand and uncrowded restroom. I could go and not have to miss much of the game if any with these 4 minute TV timeouts. When the team is at the south end of the field, I just look over and watch the game on the big screen, which was right there.

On the negative side, my wife thought the seats or the climb up was too steep and she had a slight feeling of leaning forward (falling) in her seat. I like the perspective from the end zone as you can see plays develop like a video game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT