ADVERTISEMENT

ND at Louisville Discussion

It sounds like the free market supports ND being a football independent since the market forces allow it to remain one.

Also, you tout free markets and such but want to force ND to join a voluntary business organization called a conference.
I never said anybody should be forced to do anything. I think it’s foolish for the ACC to make the same deal with ND the Big East did. It’s not fair for the full members.

8 championship is very impressive for sure, But since ND is part of the ACC I must point out that 8 championships hardly compares to the 26 that ND has won over its 132 year history in football. ND is a part member (42%) of the ACC in football after all. Duke has won 5 championships in men's basketball and North Carolina 7. I think the ACC has a lot to crow about, even though we don't crow about it, like an annoying rooster, like BBN.

Before the BCS era all football championships were mythically. You can chose to ignore them but it doesn't change history. Alabama claims the most titles now and that's fine with me. They earned it.
The titles are still mythical (IMO) because the participants in the “playoff” are decided by opinions, not objective criteria known to all before the season starts. When major college football gets rid of its opinions to determine a champion, then the championship will no longer be “mythical”.

Someone explain the Louisville Kentucky hate

Uh, they hate us and we hate them. They feel very threatened by any, ANY success by THE University of Louisville. It’s really just that simple. Just natural rivals. Kinda like IU/Poodoo, Alabama/Auburn, UGA/GaTech, UVA/VaTech, etc.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Cards score first 3 points of the game, then ND scores next 24 to lead 24-3 at half. Cards score two touchdowns in second half but ND wins going away 37-17

Well my final score was close. Very encouraged by the Cards effort and execution. Avoid the terrible turnovers and get a couple 3rd down stops in the 2nd half and ND would’ve been sweating bullets.

ADVERTISEMENT