ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA

Thecycle27

2500+
Sep 17, 2017
https://www.espn.com/college-sports...obation-self-reported-violations?platform=amp

The NCAA inconsistency is amazing. How can you punish Notre Dame, Missouri and Louisville different for the use of ineligible players and not TCU? TCU paid players therefore making them ineligible. It doesn’t matter what the amount as soon as they received payment they became ineligible according to NCAA rules. Their justification in not vacating wins is most of the players getting the benefit were low income athletes. No kidding I wonder what the percentage of athletes are low income.

I actually like how the NCAA handle this but sorry you can’t pick and choose who to work with. You set the precedent ineligible players equal vacated games.

Everyone that has had games vacated should use this situation against the NCAA.

More fuel for a future law suit. They don’t follow their own rules (most of which are stupid to begin with), arbitrary and inconsistent in penalties handed down, no consideration for self-penalty and cooperation, and let some programs skate while crushing others. A true despicable organization. The sooner it’s gone, the better IMO.

Reactions: CardsFirst
More fuel for a future law suit. They don’t follow their own rules (most of which are stupid to begin with), arbitrary and inconsistent in penalties handed down, no consideration for self-penalty and cooperation, and let some programs skate while crushing others. A true despicable organization. The sooner it’s gone, the better IMO.

Once this Adidas things settled we need to go after the NCAA. This should be a slam dunk with all of the inconsistency and stupid comments by the NCAA

It wouldn't surprise me that there's already a coup behind the scenes working on taking down the NCAA. The case that our 5 UofL players from 2013 brought to court and won set an example of how to fight this corrupt system.

It appears that TCU had a lax "sign out" for work hours. They found it and self reported. It did not appear to be deliberate..

Contrasted to Cardinals case:

The Committee on Infractions responded to the appeal by stating the penalties were appropriate due to the serious, intentional and numerous violations orchestrated by a university staff member for nearly four years.

Further...the Director of Basketball Operations did not cooperate with the investigation.

Reactions: PushupMan
It wouldn't surprise me that there's already a coup behind the scenes working on taking down the NCAA.
I believe they’re on life support now.

Paying players will end them. What role will they have then? What “power”?

And, much as I hate to say it, I can see that being “worse” than having them in charge.

It’s the old “be careful what you wish for”. ;)

Reactions: Mayoman
It appears that TCU had a lax "sign out" for work hours. They found it and self reported. It did not appear to be deliberate..

Contrasted to Cardinals case:

The Committee on Infractions responded to the appeal by stating the penalties were appropriate due to the serious, intentional and numerous violations orchestrated by a university staff member for nearly four years.

Further...the Director of Basketball Operations did not cooperate with the investigation.

Precisely. TCU could have just fixed the overpayment problem in their accounting process and never told anyone that student athletes were even involved. TCU also did not fight the NCAA about whether the coach making $4 million per year should be punished with a year long suspension for failing to oversee what his assistants were doing when it came to entertaining recruits for 4 years.

Precisely. TCU could have just fixed the overpayment problem in their accounting process and never told anyone that student athletes were even involved. TCU also did not fight the NCAA about whether the coach making $4 million per year should be punished with a year long suspension for failing to oversee what his assistants were doing when it came to entertaining recruits for 4 years.
It doesn’t matter by their rules once athletes receive impermissible benefits they are ruled ineligible. You can’t pick and choose if you do then your organization loses all credibility.

I don’t care if the vacated wins but the selective nature of their enforcement is their biggest issue.

It doesn’t matter by their rules once athletes receive impermissible benefits they are ruled ineligible. You can’t pick and choose if you do then your organization loses all credibility.

I don’t care if the vacated wins but the selective nature of their enforcement is their biggest issue.

My point was that we didn’t have to lose any games at all if we hadn’t gotten combative about the NCAA deciding to give Pitino a season long ban. It was only after we started griping about that punishment that the NCAA decided to take their pound of flesh another way and vacate all of our wins including our championship. Pitino did many great things for us during his tenure, but his unwillingness to accept blame and punishment for the mistakes he made almost undid a lot of the good.

Reactions: MEMEBLUE
My point was that we didn’t have to lose any games at all if we hadn’t gotten combative about the NCAA deciding to give Pitino a season long ban. It was only after we started griping about that punishment that the NCAA decided to take their pound of flesh another way and vacate all of our wins including our championship. Pitino did many great things for us during his tenure, but his unwillingness to accept blame and punishment for the mistakes he made almost undid a lot of the good.
Push, this makes my point exactly. Our punishment had nothing to do with the crime, it was just vindictive and arbitrary. They just made up whatever punishment they wanted, and the only ones they really hurt were the players, who won a title fair and square on the court (lap dances didn’t get us a single recruit or help us win a single game) and the fans, who ultimately support all those jerks in Indianapolis and their phoney baloney jobs. There was no point shaving or other nefarious act affecting the outcomes of games. But these guys wanted to show us who was boss. I can’t wait until those morons go away.

ADVERTISEMENT