ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Thread

There goes a bunch of brackets with Ohio State going down. :oops:

Just goes to show that is likely the worst year in a long time for the ACC. Not one elite ,much less very good team to speak of....Huge down year for the league.

BIG 10 not as strong as indicated with OSU and Purdue goin down.

Really glad to see the 15 and 16 seeds (and 13/12 seeds) holding there own....speaks to the parity of college BB anymore.

Gonna be a few more surprises today and tomorrow I think too. Go CBB!!!!

Imagine if a team advances to Sweet 16 without playing a game or only playing one game.

Baylor’s win over Wisconsin was no upset, but when you look at MSU, OSU, Wisconsin, Purdue and Illinois each going down so early, it raises a legitimate question as to the media‘s season long devotion to the BIG10 conference.

How many kids like Krutwig are out there? Another tall wide body big man that uses his size and energy to neutralize Cockburn. I honestly believe that Gabe has the physical attributes to become that sort of contributor once he gets the passion to improve.

I think the problem for the B 10 is they have very little exposure to teams with quick guards. The B 10 teams are physical, can shoot, and have skill but none of the teams in the league have big time quicks. So they do run into problems against teams like N Tex.

I also think media bias is pretty clear every year but this year it was pretty clear the overall product was just down due to COVID pauses etc and after the top 2 teams the parity seemed pretty obvious, not that I was picking these upsets.

Baylor’s win over Wisconsin was no upset, but when you look at MSU, OSU, Wisconsin, Purdue and Illinois each going down so early, it raises a legitimate question as to the media‘s season long devotion to the BIG10 conference.

How many kids like Krutwig are out there? Another tall wide body big man that uses his size and energy to neutralize Cockburn. I honestly believe that Gabe has the physical attributes to become that sort of contributor once he gets the passion to improve.
Gabe does not lack for passion. He just hasn’t had the opportunities. Every minute when he plays he’s hustling.

Reactions: rh62531
I think the problem for the B 10 is they have very little exposure to teams with quick guards. The B 10 teams are physical, can shoot, and have skill but none of the teams in the league have big time quicks. So they do run into problems against teams like N Tex.

I also think media bias is pretty clear every year but this year it was pretty clear the overall product was just down due to COVID pauses etc and after the top 2 teams the parity seemed pretty obvious, not that I was picking these upsets.
The NCAAT is set up like this for a purpose. They usually don’t allow teams within the same conference to play each other. The Big10 and any of the Power conference teams play each other twice maybe 3 times a season. When they’re not playing they’re scouting each other out. So when they play teams usually know each other very well and the things they try to do. It’s when you play a team like Loyola, North Texas that you probably haven’t seen much or had time to prepare that gives you trouble.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
I loved watching that guard for Ohio U running around, making sharp passes on Virginia last night. Bennett went out of his way to speak to and shake that young man’s hand last night after the game. That guard alone made it worth watching the most boring team in the land.

Boeheim. You better axe somebody.

screen-shot-2015-02-27-at-2-04-52-pm.png

Don’t forget UofL Women are playing on ESPN tonight @8 pm.

Jason Preston Ohio U is my hero tonight. He gives it his all! Bad day today, the virus is in my home.

We all just went through it. I strongly suggest having someone pick up one of those oxygen meters that you put on your finger and drop it off on your porch. Someone very close to me had their level drop to 68% causing me to take this person to the ER at 1am. That $25 device likely saved her life.

Further context - it was 95% earlier that day and it was around day 10 when it happened. It can happen quick. Everyone's journey is different and I don't pretend to be some guru on this stuff but a $25 O2 meter makes sense for a potentially deadly respiratory disease. I'd tell anyone this regardless of age or risk factors.

If nothing else, it gives you peace of mind. As my young son was coughing and hacking, he stayed at 98/99%, so I never worried. Same with me and others in my household.

Further context - it was 95% earlier that day and it was around day 10 when it happened. It can happen quick. Everyone's journey is different and I don't pretend to be some guru on this stuff but a $25 O2 meter makes sense for a potentially deadly respiratory disease. I'd tell anyone this regardless of age or risk factors.

If nothing else, it gives you peace of mind. As my young son was coughing and hacking, he stayed at 98/99%, so I never worried. Same with me and others in my household.

Thank you for this info.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
Go Oral Roberts! I’m struggling getting into these games like the old days (it has been 2 yrs, so it was forever ago) Maybe filling out that bracket means something. 😎

• Love
Reactions: SoulSr and Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT