ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Shuts Down Fall Sports Championships

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
I'm really starting to hate 2020.

Mark Emmert dropped another bomb on the college sports world when he announced that fall sports NCAA championships would be cancelled.

My heart goes out to the student athletes in Louisville Field Hockey, Volleyball, Women's Soccer. All of them made the 2019 NCAA Tournament and all three squads looked "loaded for bear" and ready to repeat in 2020.

Yeah, I get it. Health concerns, dwindling schools finances, so many conferences already cancelling fall sports.

It doesn't mean I have to like it, though.

To Emina Ekic, Mercedes Pastor, Alexis Hamilton and all your teammates, plus all the other fall sports -- this is a rough blow and I know the motivation dwindles when you realize that even a shortened season of hard work, dedication and commitment ends after the last conference game.
Don't give up, though. Create a season that will have us speculating years from now that "that 2020 team in ------- was so good, they probably would have made the Final Four."

--sonja--

Now would be a great time for the P5 schools to leave the NCAA. If the PAC 12 & the B1G were not sitting on the sideline this Fall we could have a serious conversation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT