ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA reported Booster donation amounts

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
@jjfuller72

Who has the most generous athletics boosters? Total cumulative "Donations/Contributions" 2005-22; Per USAToday/Knight Commission (In Millions $; Public schools only): 1-10 Oregon $969 Million Texas A & M $849 Texas $766 Florida $763 Georgia $716 Oklahoma St $670 LSU $618 Oklahoma $597 Auburn $580 Florida State $540 11-20 Ohio State $536 Alabama $528 Virginia $516 Tennessee $500 Michigan $493 Iowa $477 Clemson $476 South Carolina $466 Kansas $459 Louisville $450 21-30 Michigan St $439 Washington $402 Texas Tech $396 Wisconsin $389 Penn State $386 Illinois $373 West Virginia $354 Indiana $351 Arizona $346 North Carolina $344 31-40 Mizzou $344 Arkansas $324 Kansas St $324 Va Tech $319 Ole Miss $310 Kentucky $302 Purdue $289 Cal $283 Mississippi St $273 Arizona St $265

Very insightful and frankly quite surprised to see UL at #20. Thanks for sharing the data.
Hmmmmmm, not sure why you are surprised. UofL fans have proven themselves to be excellent financial supporters of not only the athletic department but the University as a whole. Since we get a royal screwing from the folks in Frankfort who the hell else is going to support OUR university? It has to come from folks like you and me. The question that MUST be asked is why Frankfort and the rest of the Commonwealth so dead set against Metro Louisville but they are very happy to take our money.

GO CARDS!!!

My being surprised is in direct correlation to where we are in terms of Men’s BB & FB rankings. The other 19 are perennial leaders in either one or the other. Most believe that money drives college sports, so in this case it must go well beyond what fans are doing.

My being surprised is in direct correlation to where we are in terms of Men’s BB & FB rankings. The other 19 are perennial leaders in either one or the other. Most believe that money drives college sports, so in this case it must go well beyond what fans are doing.
What alot of fans fail to realize yes performance of coaches count ,butts in seats alleged lossed revenues. And some donors do stop donating for those issues. However fewer than the casual irate fan thinks. We small time fans are not privy to what goes on in these athletic board rooms and golf courses.Some fans like to make people think they know all the financials . Nope sorry those type of persons sure the heck aint on these forums.
I would imagine most BIG TIME BOOSTERS are in it for business purposes. Alot of them own or run major corps and business. Well University's now are not just for academic and sport purposes. They are multi million dollar business's and alot of these boosters have other agendas . Alot of contracts are completed on the golf course whether it's that boosters company or a friend of a friend. Uof L is one of the major research schools in medical in this country. Money is always going to come in regardless of what is going on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT