ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL My take on a few things…

Ty Spalding

Owner/Publisher of CardinalSports.com
Aug 23, 2018
— On Dre Davis: I was told Davis is truly upset that he’s leaving Louisville. My understanding is that he ultimately preferred to stay, but KP thought it’d be best for both parties to go in different directions.

— On Jae’Lyn Withers: I was told he wants to return, and in the end, I’d say he will be back, pending a final decision from KP.

— On Wheeler and Traynor: Gut says Wheeler enters the portal, and Traynor stays. Traynor was in the Kueber Center today working out with Sydney Curry.

— On the staff: I truly believe the holdup is with the third and final assistant coach. Nolan Smith is coming, I think it’s safe to assume that Milt Wagner will be an assistant, however I was told that isn’t finalized. I was told the director of basketball ops is in place, too. I don’t have a name just yet, but was told Kenny has his guy there. I do feel comfortable saying that it won’t be Josh Jameson in the DOBO role. So it’s all about the third assistant at this point in time, and that hire is a very key one. Nolan is a great hire, but he’s young. We know what Milt brings and what he’s here for. The third and final assistant with Nolan and Milt as the other two needs to be a guy that has connections and experience. I was told “mid-week” as far as official announcements, but obviously with every passing hour, that doesn’t look likely. Still wouldn’t rule out tomorrow or Friday, though.

I’m still very much trusting the process here, and I believe Kenny has a plan to upgrade the roster significantly. You don’t move on from a guy like Dre Davis unless you have talent in the pipeline.

It’s fair to trust the process and also emphasize the importance of getting things rolling. Which is where I’m at.

Just thought I’d start another thread and expand my thoughts on the situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News