ADVERTISEMENT

More upset about Dumervil than Purdy

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
I know Dumervil was 1% chance of inking with the Cards, however he could have stepped in and filled Becton's shoes.

It was long predicted by many of fams that Purdy or Webb, both wouldnt sign.
Micale is good enough to have Webb redshirt and really learn.

Oh by the way Purdy, you gots to play UofL. Cards arent losing to you guys next season :mad:

Go Cards !

Reactions: PHCARD and Deeva
My position on offensive skill position recruits is the same now as it was with Petrino. Getting a recruit--or not--ain't a big deal. Those guys can coach up the offense.

Where you feel the hurt losing an important recruit is on defense because on that side of the ball, you're only as good as your talent...

My position on offensive skill position recruits is the same now as it was with Petrino. Getting a recruit--or not--ain't a big deal. Those guys can coach up the offense.

Where you feel the hurt losing an important recruit is on defense because on that side of the ball, you're only as good as your talent...

Dumervil is O-line.
Could be better than Becton who was the best Left tackle in the ACC.

Yeah, I know Dumervil is a lineman. My comment was more WRT Purdy. Satterfield doesn't appear to need top shelf skill position players on offense to be successful.

Any coach regardless of his ability can always use good linemen...

Reactions: Cardinal Cash

In college offense is easier to develop than defense. As long as you get good Oline play you can have a good offense. You don’t have to have a great QB especially if you are able to run. You can find skilled players every where on offense. The elite guys are game changers.

Defense is a different animal. All the positions require a unique skills set and instinct. Building a defense is a process by year 3 we should see significant improvement from year 1.

Yeah, I know Dumervil is a lineman. My comment was more WRT Purdy. Satterfield doesn't appear to need top shelf skill position players on offense to be successful.

Any coach regardless of his ability can always use good linemen...

You just had to take at shot.

Of course he wanted Purdy.
Purdy didnt want UofL.

He wanted guaranteed PT.

In college offense is easier to develop than defense. As long as you get good Oline play you can have a good offense. You don’t have to have a great QB especially if you are able to run. You can find skilled players every where on offense. The elite guys are game changers.

Defense is a different animal. All the positions require a unique skills set and instinct. Building a defense is a process by year 3 we should see significant improvement from year 1.
I don't agree with that. Strong and Bedford made a noticeable improvement in our defense in the first year. IMO it's a lot more about which side of the ball the head coach earned his chops...

You just had to take at shot.

Of course he wanted Purdy.
Purdy didnt want UofL.

He wanted guaranteed PT.
If I'm "taking a shot" at anyone, it's fans whining about losing Purdy. I don't think Satterfield and his offense will be affected at all...

I’m not concerned about the loss of Purdy. What does bother me is that this kid had a free ride for months guaranteed to him by THE UofL and he thumbed his nose for what he thinks is a better deal. In that regard I’m pleased that he is NOT going to be here. Maybe he’ll succeed at FSU but then again maybe not and if that’s the situation, I predict the FSU fanbase’s reaction will force Purdy into the “transfer portal” sooner rather than later. Regardless I do hope his career wherever is injury free.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I don't agree with that. Strong and Bedford made a noticeable improvement in our defense in the first year. IMO it's a lot more about which side of the ball the head coach earned his chops...
I agree teams are a reflection of their head coach. I think it is hard to compare because the competition wasn’t the same. The other factor is Louisville wasn’t behind the 8 ball talent wise in the Big East. For example Louisville class was 76 in 2009 compared to UConn was 75. In 2010 Louisville class was 48 and UConn was 83. The best team in Big East in 2010 was UConn they were 8-5. Look back at the offenses they played too. The best offense they faced was UK.

In contrast Satterfield faced Clemson, Notre Dame, FSU and Miami. Not to mention a really good Wake and BC offense. Not even close.

I don’t think Strong makes the big leap in defensive numbers if he played the same schedule as Satterfield.

I agree teams are a reflection of their head coach. I think it is hard to compare because the competition wasn’t the same. The other factor is Louisville wasn’t behind the 8 ball talent wise in the Big East. For example Louisville class was 76 in 2009 compared to UConn was 75. In 2010 Louisville class was 48 and UConn was 83. The best team in Big East in 2010 was UConn they were 8-5. Look back at the offenses they played too. The best offense they faced was UK.

In contrast Satterfield faced Clemson, Notre Dame, FSU and Miami. Not to mention a really good Wake and BC offense. Not even close.

I don’t think Strong makes the big leap in defensive numbers if he played the same schedule as Satterfield.
Strong didn't win games with a disproportionate number of true freshmen in 2010. He mostly took the guys that K-rag lost with and won...

Last edited:
Strong didn't win games with a disproportionate number of true freshmen in 2010. He mostly took the guys that K-rag lost with and won...

Did not Coach Satterfield do the same ?
Use jack ass thiefs players that went from 2-10 to 7-4..........

Reactions: gocds
I agree to some extent, but you better look at his 1st freshman class. I think some of those dudes played out of the gate. There were some NFL dudes on his 1st defensive team. It was his best total defense statistically finished 14th. You ignored my main point talent wise Strong wasn’t completely out classed by any team in the Big East.

Satterfield talent wise was short on the defensive side of the ball. The other fact is Strong didn’t play any top 50 offenses that year. This year Louisville played better offenses this year.

I think Strong was perfect fit at the time, but I think he would of been exposed in the ACC. His Texas and South Florida performance supports my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman and gocds
No one knows what kind of career Purdy will have at FSU or here for that matter. Lot of talent in Florida. They could get a 5 star stud qb any year now.

I agree to some extent, but you better look at his 1st freshman class. I think some of those dudes played out of the gate. There were some NFL dudes on his 1st defensive team. It was his best total defense statistically finished 14th. You ignored my main point talent wise Strong wasn’t completely out classed by any team in the Big East.

Satterfield talent wise was short on the defensive side of the ball. The other fact is Strong didn’t play any top 50 offenses that year. This year Louisville played better offenses this year.

I think Strong was perfect fit at the time, but I think he would of been exposed in the ACC. His Texas and South Florida performance supports my opinion.
2010 stats from gocards.com...

FRESHMEN PERCENTAGE OF TOTAL STATS:
23% of assisted tackles
22% of fumbles recovered
21% of total tackles
20% of solo tackles
16% of tackles for loss
12% of TFL yards
9% of sacks
8% of sack yards
3% of pass breakups
3% of pass deflections
No interceptions, QB hurries, or fumble return yards

There were 21 combined starts by all freshmen in 2010, twelve of them by one player--Hakeem Smith.

U of L's recruiting class in 2009--the year before Strong arrived--was ranked 76th. The year before that in 2008, we ranked 55th. Strong was working with no more talent than the teams we played, he just knows how to coach defense...

Last edited:
I know Dumervil was 1% chance of inking with the Cards, however he could have stepped in and filled Becton's shoes.

It was long predicted by many of fams that Purdy or Webb, both wouldnt sign.
Micale is good enough to have Webb redshirt and really learn.

Oh by the way Purdy, you gots to play UofL. Cards arent losing to you guys next season :mad:

Go Cards !
No need to be upset or worry KerryRhodes. While I would of liked to get big Dumervil as well. If you look at the OL commits we got... we’re in good shape there. I think a couple of them that are of similar size actually have better feet and are a bit quicker then him anyway. As Coach Ledford said. This is the best OL class he has ever signed. Very solid group. Hell, one of them did a back flip on their visit! That’s pretty athletic bro! Lol

Reactions: Mayoman
2010 stats from gocards.com...

FRESHMEN PERCENTAGE OF TOTAL STATS:
23% of assisted tackles
22% of fumbles recovered
21% of totals tackles
20% of solo tackles
16% of tackles for loss
12% of TFL yards
9% of sacks
8% of sack yards
3% of pass breakups
3% of pass deflections
No interceptions, QB hurries, or fumble return yards

There were 21 combined starts by all freshmen in 2010, twelve of them by one player--Hakeem Smith.

U of L's recruiting class in 2009--the year before Strong arrived--was ranked 76th. The year before that in 2008, we ranked 55th. Strong was working with no more talent than the teams we played, he just knows how to coach defense...
Fair enough there were some really good on that team. When you compare their class ranking to his competition he wasn’t outclassed from the jump. Plus no real good offensive teams. The league champion in 2010 was UConn. That slightly different than having Clemson as your league champion.

Reactions: Mayoman
Fair enough there were some really good on that team. When you compare their class ranking to his competition he wasn’t outclassed from the jump. Plus no real good offensive teams. The league champion in 2010 was UConn. That slightly different than having Clemson as your league champion.
Yeah, but we didn’t play Clemson every game this year. The average team on our schedule did not “outclass” us in talent...

No need to be upset or worry KerryRhodes. While I would of liked to get big Dumervil as well. If you look at the OL commits we got... we’re in good shape there. I think a couple of them that are of similar size actually have better feet and are a bit quicker then him anyway. As Coach Ledford said. This is the best OL class he has ever signed. Very solid group. Hell, one of them did a back flip on their visit! That’s pretty athletic bro! Lol
He just didn’t want to be a Card. Next!

Yeah, but we didn’t play Clemson every game this year. The average team on our schedule did not “outclass” us in talent...
We beat the average teams. That’s how we ended up with a winning record.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT