ADVERTISEMENT

Montrez playing in 2017 dirtbowl

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Former University of Louisville basketball player and current NBS star Montrez Harrell will hit the court once again in the Derby City.

Harrell will play in this year's Dirt Bowl.

The Dirt Bowl will happen Sunday at Shawnee Park, which is located at 4501 West Broadway. The game has a scheduled start time of 6:45 p.m.

Harrell currently plays for the Houston Rockets.

I love Trez.

I am happy he is going to play in Louisville again.

I don't think this sounds like a very smart move for him.
It really isn't. He is gambling with his NBA future unless Houston gave him specific permission to do this. He is under contract with them. If they gave him the thumbs up, then he's OK. If not then it's a big time gamble on his part.

Last edited:
Well he's part of the trade that is sending Chris Paul to Houston and Trez is going to the Clippers. He may want to check with his new employer.

i can't believe he would be allowed to do this. my first thought when i saw the title was, did i miss somewhere that Trez got cut from the NBA? because in my mind, no NBA player would risk injury and money to play in dirt bowl.

i can't believe he would be allowed to do this. my first thought when i saw the title was, did i miss somewhere that Trez got cut from the NBA? because in my mind, no NBA player would risk injury and money to play in dirt bowl.
Maybe not the "Dirt Bowl" but NBA players in the past have played in pick up games at famed Rucker's Park in NY and other areas too.

ADVERTISEMENT