ADVERTISEMENT

Mods - Open the Board back up to Rival Fans

BPGhost

6000+
Jun 23, 2015
Not suggesting that the board of a few months ago didn't need some oversight / clearing out but, there is no question that the result has created a stale atmosphere. If the thought was by removing rival fans (ie - the yuts) the board would be free from consistent, unwarranted, and in many cases nonsensical criticism of UofL's athletic department, then there is a glaring inconsistency here.

At least some of those rival fans actually understand and are able to discuss sports. Aren't posters here tired of debating the same agenda-driven fool?

I say - either be consistent and rid the board of all program hating fools or, open it back up to all the fools!

Censorship on sport debates wow we have really sunk to a new low. I have no problem debating any issue as long as it doesn’t resort to some people being belligerent. Once it gets personal then the thread should be shut down. Just because someone presents an opinion or facts that doesn’t support someone else’s view doesn’t warrant censorship.
If a player, coach or administrator gets arrested for drunk driving and I voice my displeasure will I be censored? If I disagree with one of the coaches for starting a certain player over another will I be censored because it is a negative thought?

With Nick Coffey out, I listened to Drew Deener yesterday. They talked about their favorite kinds of soap for about 15 minutes (seriously) before I switched it off. There just isn't much to talk about right now. Having some rival fans stir stuff up might make it interesting. Or maybe I can make a thread called "FARRR THAT SONOFABEYITCH!" where MorgantownCard talks about people in all walks of life that need lernt by gettin FARRR'd. That's another option.

The Covid pandemic has slowed forum activity in most places due to lack of sports in general. For us here, there was no NCAA Tournament or post season to talk about like we usually would. The college bb season just abruptly ended for everyone.

The very small percentage of rival fans that actually did what they claimed they were over here to do, i.e. talk basketball, were okay with me as long as they were respectful. Speaking for myself, I never banned Uk or other rival fans that followed the above.

Reactions: glassmanJ
@Steelers2012 i think you always made a point that they could talk trash about sports and keep it at that, but nothing personal or about our issues. That’s the line. If some blueneck wants to say “oh yeah we beat you guys” it’s not skin off me, but as long as they aren’t bringing up probation then I’m ok

With Nick Coffey out, I listened to Drew Deener yesterday. They talked about their favorite kinds of soap for about 15 minutes (seriously) before I switched it off. There just isn't much to talk about right now. Having some rival fans stir stuff up might make it interesting. Or maybe I can make a thread called "FARRR THAT SONOFABEYITCH!" where MorgantownCard talks about people in all walks of life that need lernt by gettin FARRR'd. That's another option.

I feel sorry for the sports analysts who have to fill up an hour plus when there is really nothing going on. It's hard to even get excited about upcoming football and basketball seasons... They may not even happen, or if they do, we may not be able to attend. Still a long time until September and a lot can change in 3 months but who knows where we'll be then.

Censorship on sport debates wow we have really sunk to a new low. I have no problem debating any issue as long as it doesn’t resort to some people being belligerent. Once it gets personal then the thread should be shut down. Just because someone presents an opinion or facts that doesn’t support someone else’s view doesn’t warrant censorship.
If a player, coach or administrator gets arrested for drunk driving and I voice my displeasure will I be censored? If I disagree with one of the coaches for starting a certain player over another will I be censored because it is a negative thought?
In the chance that you are suggesting that I’m calling for censorship, I’m most definitely not. I’m calling for consistency.

As for your examples, I don’t think that there’s anything wrong with disagreeing with the administration but if that’s your whole shtick, and you work it into every thread just to be a contrarian jack***, then maybe you should go away.

I’d read that thread! Maybe even make a suggestion or two on who to start FARRING.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
@Steelers2012 i think you always made a point that they could talk trash about sports and keep it at that, but nothing personal or about our issues. That’s the line. If some blueneck wants to say “oh yeah we beat you guys” it’s not skin off me, but as long as they aren’t bringing up probation then I’m ok
I think it was pretty well established that I encouraged visitors from all fan bases, as long as they behaved. My standard rule was “you are welcome to join in any conversation and discuss any topic as long as you don’t disrespect our program, players, coaches, or posters in the process. I always felt that was a pretty reasonable “line in the sand”, but many visitors had trouble complying. When I stepped away, and asked for new Moderators, I vowed to myself that I wouldn’t interfere or comment on whatever path the new mods saw fit to lead the board. I plan to maintain that vow. Best wishes to all and Go Cards!!!

Any Grover fan on here with half a brain is better than the constant pissing matches we’ve seen this spring. It does get so old.

I thought I’d never see the day where I’d welcome back some Grovers over our local vocal know it all.
I do enjoy some Grover from time to time.
wsWzfG0.jpg

@2Adulterers

Problem with the sUcK fans is every now and then you would get one that seemed nice. However they would always throw in a backhand insult. I didn’t mind it to much because our comebacks were always better.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Grovers are wolves in cheap clothing. You got to watch them...but more times than not, their ignorance about the sports world shows right off the bat.

Last edited:
...As for your examples, I don’t think that there’s anything wrong with disagreeing with the administration but if that’s your whole shtick, and you work it into every thread just to be a contrarian jack***, then maybe you should go away.
200.gif

...I don’t think that there’s anything wrong with disagreeing with the administration but if that’s your whole shtick, and you work it into every thread just to be a contrarian jack***, then maybe you should go away.
200.gif

...I don’t think that there’s anything wrong with disagreeing with the administration but if that’s your whole shtick, and you work it into every thread just to be a contrarian jack***, then maybe you should go away.
tenor.gif

I quit listening to Deener when he put on the Minnesota t-shirt a few years ago after the Cards loss to little Ricky. In addition he really is not that knowledgeable of a sports host. I’ve also heard him lose his mind and be rude to callers for simply disagreeing with him. His show stinks.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
I quit listening to Deener when he put on the Minnesota t-shirt a few years ago after the Cards loss to little Ricky. In addition he really is not that knowledgeable of a sports host. I’ve also heard him lose his mind and be rude to callers for simply disagreeing with him. His show stinks.

Deener is paid to like UofL. The way he bosses his lackies around on air like a tiny General is mind numbing.

FYI - Coffey is back today. I enjoy listening to his show, much more so than Deener. Coffey's co-host has a very thick southern accent that makes him hard to listen to (I bet he could FARRR a sonofabeyitch, or tell his ole lady to go do that worsh) but he's very knowledgeable and likeable on air.

zippy gets called out by multiple posters, so he’s trying his best to get the thread locked - lol. Funnier still is that he doesn’t see the irony in him of all people posting babies crying.
I kind of enjoy seeing all the selfies the zipster is posting.

Reactions: BPGhost
A family member got banned because a mod totally misinterpreted and misunderstood a post he made. He thinks it's funny for a mod to be that ignorant since he loves the cards and hates the cats and his posts reflected it. But, he moved on the Scout board. I didn't think it was all that funny, but I do like giving him a hard time over being banned.

Posting mostly or entirely on premium now. It's to stay out of the way of a specific moderator in this space. If she wants to allow the discussion to go any further in this thread, I'll be back...

Posting mostly or entirely on premium now. It's to stay out of the way of a specific moderator in this space. If she wants to allow the discussion to go any further in this thread, I'll be back...
Let’s be clear. In the span of a day or two you highlighted a former player’s race while calling him an “effing loser” in one thread and then directly challenged a mod’s authority both in this thread and in a DM. For that - you earned a much overdue timeout.

Anything said by you beyond those facts, is simply self-serving spin.

Let’s be clear. In the span of a day or two you highlighted a former player’s race while calling him an “effing loser” in one thread and then directly challenged a mod’s authority both in this thread and in a DM. For that - you earned a much overdue timeout.

Anything said by you beyond those facts, is simply self-serving spin.
Clear?? Unless you invented the timeout, you don't know what "earns" it or what I did. You're gum flapping again.

I never attacked a current player which is the rule you said I violated. I pointed out that fact for the staff and got no answer.

And there was never a racial allegation which I don't have to resort to in order to make a point. Nice try...

Clear?? Unless you invented the timeout, you don't know what "earns" it or what I did. You're gum flapping again.

I never attacked a current player which is the rule you said I violated. I pointed out that fact for the staff and got no answer.

And there was never a racial allegation which I don't have to resort to in order to make a point. Nice try...
You can attempt to spin in to make yourself feel better but the reality is that you (inexplicably) highlighted a former player’s race and then called him an “effing loser”. That is exactly what I said then and, what I said again today. You then challenged PHCard about this thread in a ridiculous DM that you included me on. Then a day later - you’re deservedly gone for a month or so.

Those are the facts and they are indisputable.

Reactions: BUSCHBUG
You can attempt to spin in to make yourself feel better but the reality is that you (inexplicably) highlighted a former player’s race and then called him an “effing loser”. That is exactly what I said then and, what I said again today. You then challenged PHCard about this thread in a ridiculous DM that you included me on. Then a day later - you’re deservedly gone for a month or so.

Those are the facts and they are indisputable.
Former players aren't protected by rules against personal attacks anymore than Andre McGee and Jerry Eaves are protected.

And quote the racial comment. You're making up facts...

Former players aren't protected by rules against personal attacks anymore than Andre McGee and Jerry Eaves are protected.

And quote the racial comment. You're making up facts...
Savage is a dropout and a loser. He's the last guy who should be cracking jokes about Petrino esp. in any way related to race. My guess is only Savage can crack jokes about "black lives mattering."

Let me change that to eff-ing loser.“

Pretty pathetic comments - even by your standards.

Reactions: BUSCHBUG and gocds
Savage is a dropout and a loser. He's the last guy who should be cracking jokes about Petrino esp. in any way related to race. My guess is only Savage can crack jokes about "black lives mattering."

Let me change that to eff-ing loser.“

Pretty pathetic comments - even by your standards.
Do you deny that it's common for blacks to use the N-word with impunity? Is that perspective racist?.

tenor.gif

Do you deny that it's common for blacks to use the N-word with impunity? Is that perspective racist?.

tenor.gif
I think that using sweeping generalizations - particularly of the straw man variety or “whataboutisms” - are the tactics of people on the losing end of a discussion.

Regarding your question about perspective - no, I don’t consider that racist.

You’re really working hard to get this thread locked. :rolleyes:

Reactions: BUSCHBUG
I think that using sweeping generalizations - particularly of the straw man variety or “whataboutisms” - are the tactics of people on the losing end of a discussion.

Regarding your question about perspective - no, I don’t consider that racist.

You’re really working hard to get this thread locked. :rolleyes:
Generalizing when statistics are on your side is being logical. Spin that however you want.

And you brought up race in an unrelated thread, not me. I'm still enjoying the hell outta those baby gifs...

ADVERTISEMENT