ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri State Bears Clinch a Share of the MVC Football Title with 21-10 Win vs Youngstown State

Observations after watching parts of the game. Nick actually got fatter but has retained that what the ***** am I doing here look on his face. Ryan Beard and LD Scott don't belong on a grade school sideline. Petrino, remains an utterly worthless piece of ****.

Observations after watching parts of the game. Nick actually got fatter but has retained that what the ***** am I doing here look on his face. Ryan Beard and LD Scott don't belong on a grade school sideline. Petrino, remains an utterly worthless piece of ****.
Quit holding back - that’s just not healthy for you. Please tell us what you really think!

• Haha
Reactions: PHCARD and gocds
Tend to agree with that. It was Tom Jurich’s fault for making the contract guaranteed money, and the board’s fault for signing off on it.

I believe that about 50% of the 2018 collapse was due to mistakenly putting his faith in a quarterback who looked like the next Cam Newton but played like the next Erik Watts. The brutal come from ahead loss to Florida State, where Petrino needed Juwan Pass to complete a pass to clinch the win, but he instead threw an interception, broke the team’s morale.

Add in that he’d lost his father just a month before the season started and that he’d lost his friend Tom Jurich to Pitino’s multiple violations. Broken team. Broken heart. Broken relationship with his superiors. It’s unsurprising to me that he would do what he could to get out of that situation. And with hard feelings both ways, I’m not surprised that he decided to take what was promised him on the way out.

UofL football will certainly survive.
Jurich hired Kragthorpe and honestly was not going to fire him until he was forced. Instead of finding the right fit, he hires an unreliable Petrino who quit on everyone he dealt with and was a national embarrassment.

The roster Bobby inherited in 2014 had so much talent/potential going forward. So many NFL draft picks. Elite defensive talent and amazing offensive skill players. The right guy could've kept that momentum going forward.

Imagine a situation where we hired Tom Herman, who like Charlie was an Urban Meyer guys and a nationally known recruiter & playcaller. We would've easily gotten him. Imagine even Dave Clawson or Pat Narduzzi? Yes, at the time it wasn't scrutinized by the fans, but Tom had the benefit of the doubt with all the goodwill he'd built and we trusted him.

We are where we are, but TJ hiring Bobby set our program back 5 years and we'll see that this fall.

LeFors I agree with much of what you had to say but I truly believe you are wrong about this upcoming season. I’m thinking a minimum of 7 victories and a decent bowl game. And all of this in spite of BP.

GO CARDS!!!

LeFors I agree with much of what you had to say but I truly believe you are wrong about this upcoming season. I’m thinking a minimum of 7 victories and a decent bowl game. And all of this in spite of BP.

GO CARDS!!!
I mean I could see 8-4 but also I could see 4-8.

I don't feel like we have a high ceiling, but I think our floor has been raised quite a bit. We won't be the worst defense in the nation, but at the same time I don't see us as an elite defense that can shut teams down. We are going to take a big step back on offense, but I think we'll be ok.

A lot of it comes down to the rest of our conference. Just say FSU makes a huge jump in year 2 of Norvell, BC makes a big stride with their new coach, NC State gets a lot better, Wake is decent, and Duke has one of those random good years like usual, it makes it harder.

But, you could also see some of those programs taking steps back too. I think we're in the same boat as those other ACC schools. Average at every position, so we could be good or bad depending on circumstances.

Reactions: Mayoman
I mean I could see 8-4 but also I could see 4-8.

I don't feel like we have a high ceiling, but I think our floor has been raised quite a bit. We won't be the worst defense in the nation, but at the same time I don't see us as an elite defense that can shut teams down. We are going to take a big step back on offense, but I think we'll be ok.

A lot of it comes down to the rest of our conference. Just say FSU makes a huge jump in year 2 of Norvell, BC makes a big stride with their new coach, NC State gets a lot better, Wake is decent, and Duke has one of those random good years like usual, it makes it harder.

But, you could also see some of those programs taking steps back too. I think we're in the same boat as those other ACC schools. Average at every position, so we could be good or bad depending on circumstances.
But we will be able to score points in bunches. Just need a few breaks to go our way.

GO CARDS!!!

But we will be able to score points in bunches. Just need a few breaks to go our way.

GO CARDS!!!

I think I agree with you. But that scoring remains to be seen and will require some new talent to star in the skill positions. Time to shine for the newbies.

Reactions: gocds
I think I agree with you. But that scoring remains to be seen and will require some new talent to star in the skill positions. Time to shine for the newbies.
Mayo I think we’ll find some WRs but I also think there will be a bunch of passing to our RBs.

GO CARDS!!!

Mayo I think we’ll find some WRs but I also think there will be a bunch of passing to our RBs.

GO CARDS!!!
My thought is that plays can be called and passes can be thrown to those player, but it remains to be seen if the passes will get there accurately and/or the receivers will be able to catch them or run the correct routes. Can we also avoid stupid penalties too, that has to be a big one.

Offense comes down to just the word, who? Who will be making the plays? Who is going to be our big threat?

I think Cunningham will be a standout at QB both passing and running.

GO CARDS!!!

My thought is that plays can be called and passes can be thrown to those player, but it remains to be seen if the passes will get there accurately and/or the receivers will be able to catch them or run the correct routes. Can we also avoid stupid penalties too, that has to be a big one.

Offense comes down to just the word, who? Who will be making the plays? Who is going to be our big threat?
Braden Smith and Watkins. Don't be shocked one bit to see one of the newcomers come in and have some impact!! Marshall will have to show me he can step up, hope he does, he sure looks the part!

Reactions: gocds
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT