Avg height 6'5" Avg Weight 333 pounds

Reactions: Conor Shea
LT - Tyre Phillips 6'5" 345
LG- Dareuan Parker 6'4" 330
C- Darryl Williams 6'3" 310
RG- Stewart Reese 6'5" 345
RT- Greg Eiland 6'8" 335

Avg height 6'5" Avg Weight 333 pounds

And yet they barely won 6 games to become bowl eligible. Maybe speed is more important.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: zipp
I’d love to see our DL stunt all over the place at the LOS. Stunting is one way to keep an OL off balance and confused as to what and where they blocking assignments are. It doesn’t have to happen on each and every play but it is a good technique.

Howard Schnelleberger had a philosophy about big lineman. He said the weight does you no good if there is no one to lean on. Use your speed to get around the big man and wreak havoc in the backfield.

Reactions: zipp
With our team D, I’m waiting for someone to name a team with a pulse that IS a “good” match. :eek:

Five teams we beat were supposed bad matchups the week leading up to the games, and we were not going to win. :rolleyes:

Line em up. ;)

Howard Schnelleberger had a philosophy about big lineman. He said the weight does you no good if there is no one to lean on. Use your speed to get around the big man and wreak havoc in the backfield.

This is a great game plan, but who are you going to recruit in the next month to pull it off? Of the 6 biggest OL’s we faced this year, 5 games were losses with the lone exception being stick in the mud slow Syracuse.

Praying for a dry field and no rain. Our favorite game plan is to plan for a shoot out and hope they turn the ball over.

Reactions: CardFanBudMan
I remember him talking about how they shut down Nebraska in the OB. That’s exactly what he said.

I’d love to see our DL stunt all over the place at the LOS. Stunting is one way to keep an OL off balance and confused as to what and where they blocking assignments are. It doesn’t have to happen on each and every play but it is a good technique.

Hmm. Wonder why our coaches didn’t think of that... Gimicks don’t work if you don’t have the athletes and talent to execute.

Reactions: sound slave
I remember him talking about how they shut down Nebraska in the OB. That’s exactly what he said.
Put it in perspective. Yeah back in the day Nebraska had 300 plus lineman but they were big, fat and slow, not like the athletes of today. Plus Miami has always had freaky athletes, fast and deceptive.

State averages 227 yards per game, and is ranked 18th nationally in rushing offense... We will lose this game. It matters not, however. It's about those extra practices and getting better for next year. Enjoy the bowl season.

"The magic number this season 309 pounds. Against offensive lines weighing 309 pounds or more on average Louisville was an incredible 1-5. Louisville went undefeated (6-0) against teams with o-lines weighing less 309." - @Conor Shea

Put it in perspective. Yeah back in the day Nebraska had 300 plus lineman but they were big, fat and slow, not like the athletes of today. Plus Miami has always had freaky athletes, fast and deceptive.
Dave Rimington and Dean Steinkuhler (the “fumblerooski” guy) were not fat or slow.

Reactions: Mayoman and ACT ONE
I mean they lost to Alabama, LSU, A&M, Kansas State, Auburn, and Tennessee. They beat sUcKs, Arkansas, Louisiana, Ole Miss, So. Miss, and some FCS school. Beat who they should, lost to better teams.

Really just a similar resume of sUcKs. They’re big and have some speed. They would’ve probably had a better record had they played in the SEC East.

I think they’re beatable. Better matchup than Tennessee for us, but still got the big boys on the lines and that’ll be a test.

This is a great game plan, but who are you going to recruit in the next month to pull it off? Of the 6 biggest OL’s we faced this year, 5 games were losses with the lone exception being stick in the mud slow Syracuse.
And 4 of the 5 losses were to the P5 teams with the highest average net yards on our schedule. That takes into account BOTH offense and defense--not just five starters...

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
The game probably can’t “hurt” us, but anytime you can beat an $EC team and their inflated sense of self worth, it’s a good thing.

Personally, I don’t want a coach who doesn’t try to win every game. Satt does want to.

We might experiment, but it will be with the intent to gain an advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT