ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Sign Stealing Mess

rentalman

6000+
Dec 4, 2002
Just saw a headline on the Internet that claims OSU & Rutgers gave Michigan signs to Purdue before Big 10 Championship game last season.
Hope this does not cause a distraction for JB.

Pretty sure I saw Stalion at the Va. Tech game. He was wearing a UK sweatshirt!

That said, ESPN personnel have been diminishing this en masse. Even Herbstreit said he’s heard enough about this story and is ready to move on.

Reactions: CardsFirst
If you’re going to put your signs on huge cards held up for the whole world to see, why would you expect that they would not be stolen? The way I see it, it’s just part of scouting.

Just saw a headline on the Internet that claims OSU & Rutgers gave Michigan signs to Purdue before Big 10 Championship game last season.
So, what, if I were Jeff, and this did happen? I certainly would not take the info as 100 % correct, and reliable. For all Jeff knew, it could have been DISINFORMATION. Which is done all the time in the Covert world, and real word too. Watch any political ad from any party, or candidate. They are all full, of what could be labeled as disinformation. No different than competitive sports either. If you're a Coach at a High-Level College program, making $$$Millions, you better rely on Your OWN TEAM's Scouting IMO!! If Jeff thought OSU and Rutgers, were trying to help him? I would think twice about that as being reliable info IMO.

Then that sounds like Rutgers, Ohio St and Michigan’s all cheat.

It’s amazing how things have changed in this world. People on here blaming the team who got cheated more than the cheater. Democrats I presume. My father coached when I was young and always said if you have to cheat to win you didn’t win.

• Sad
Reactions: earsky
If you’re going to put your signs on huge cards held up for the whole world to see, why would you expect that they would not be stolen? The way I see it, it’s just part of scouting.
In one way I see it similarly. Same as stealing baseball signs. Part of the game. Just have to be smart.

In one way I see it similarly. Same as stealing baseball signs. Part of the game. Just have to be smart.

Everybody tries to steal signs during the game, The difference with Michigan is there is a rule against staff going in person to future opponents' games and that's what the Italian Stallion was doing.

It’s amazing how things have changed in this world. People on here blaming the team who got cheated more than the cheater. Democrats I presume. My father coached when I was young and always said if you have to cheat to win you didn’t win.
Please leave political ideology out of these conversations, we have a diverse group who have a lot of different opinions...whether or not Plumber is a good qb? Bring it...the quality of our fan base? Bring it...is cheating bad or are you not trying unless you're cheating? Let's go. Politics and religion have zero to do with any of these topics.

Everybody tries to steal signs during the game, The difference with Michigan is there is a rule against staff going in person to future opponents' games and that's what the Italian Stallion was doing.
Didn't know there was a rule against that.

Please leave political ideology out of these conversations, we have a diverse group who have a lot of different opinions...whether or not Plumber is a good qb? Bring it...the quality of our fan base? Bring it...is cheating bad or are you not trying unless you're cheating? Let's go. Politics and religion have zero to do with any of these topics.
Sounds like the other dump 247…it’s okay as long as it’s liberals talking about Trump or conservatives. GFY

• Sad
Reactions: earsky
Story has jumped the shark. Team A tries to get advantage over Team B? Shocking.

Ding, ding ding….we have a winner!!! Dumbest post of the week (and it’s only Thursday). Congrats FakeStateBird!!!

Harbaugh banned from coaching on the sidelines for the rest of the year. Seems like an odd and toothless penalty.

B1G has to feel as though Michigan is their best chance in years to win a natty.

Harbaugh banned from coaching on the sidelines for the rest of the year. Seems like an odd and toothless penalty.

B1G has to feel as though Michigan is their best chance in years to win a natty.
Harbaugh suspension, game days only, mind you, is reason #4,561,093,869,001 why the NCAA is a total BS organization.<EDIT> My mistake. It was the Big 10 that suspended Harbaugh, not the NCAA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT