ADVERTISEMENT

Miami / Louisville no difference

Aug 7, 2022
Watching the Dolphins play at home I think. Just like our fanbase, how can you let that many of the enemy in on a game that important?

Last edited:
Are you talking about Basketball? Different board.
No basketball deserves the low attendance. I’m talking about the comparison between the fan support of Miami and Louisville being similar.

Buffalo had a lot of fans at that game last night. In such an important game how is the place not packed with dolphin fans?

I have season football tickets, this year was the inaugural year of our beloved son Jeff Brohm’s homecoming. The fan support was embarrassing to me as the only games it was full was because of ND and UK fans.

Louisville has a huge problem just like Miami. It will never correct itself and is sad.

I hate UK with every fiber I have , but they support their teams in a tiny city. It’s embarrassing.

KY draws from the entire state plus has a much larger alumni base. Need to compare Louisville to urban universities.

I would guess attendance next year will be better.

The Bills Mafia is perhaps the best fan base in all of sports, with except maybe the Steelers. They show, they travel, they support, like no other. It was a big game, for the division, too. Plus, to get away from freezing western New York to Miami for a couple of days, it's a no brainer.

No basketball deserves the low attendance. I’m talking about the comparison between the fan support of Miami and Louisville being similar.

Buffalo had a lot of fans at that game last night. In such an important game how is the place not packed with dolphin fans?

I have season football tickets, this year was the inaugural year of our beloved son Jeff Brohm’s homecoming. The fan support was embarrassing to me as the only games it was full was because of ND and UK fans.

Louisville has a huge problem just like Miami. It will never correct itself and is sad.

I hate UK with every fiber I have , but they support their teams in a tiny city. It’s embarrassing.
So sorry you’re embarrassed by our fans and that we don’t live up to your lofty expectations.

And, like Thecycle27 said, your teams enjoys the support of the entire state. And, if you think they sold out every game…you’re sadly mistaken.

Regarding our fan base, we are who we are. It won't change, so no since in crying about it.

The NFL is a different breed of fans. College fans, especially ours, are more localized. NFL is a national sport. There are way more fans with way more money to spend on NFL tickets. People plan vacations around traveling to see their NFL team.

I watched a lot of college football this year and there were very few sold out stadiums. Even Alabama, Georgia and Norte Dame didn’t sell out all of their games oh I forgot neither did sUcK. Big Blew only sold out a few games even though they downsized their stadium.

Reactions: BPGhost and 2330859
KY draws from the entire state plus has a much larger alumni base. Need to compare Louisville to urban universities.

That’s exactly why I compared us to lowly Miami.

Louisville is big enough to fill the stadium alone, that’s not counting its fans out in the state, like myself.

I know the problem with Louisville but you can’t voice it.

I watched a lot of college football this year and there were very few sold out stadiums. Even Alabama, Georgia and Norte Dame didn’t sell out all of their games oh I forgot neither did sUcK. Big Blew only sold out a few games even though they downsized their stadium.
Well you must not watched the games I did. Even UK filled almost full for games. I know because I have a relative who goes to their games and he would video the crowd. Not only that, he says the thing he hates the most about going to their games is having to stand the entire game because their fans won’t sit down. That’s just lowly UK. We have problems here at Louisville.

You know because you are a sUcK fan who goes to watch Big Blew play. Louisville averages about 10,000 more fans per game than Miami.

Reactions: Steelers2012
Give Brohm a couple of more years and the attendance will be a lot higher. I watched a couple of LSU games this year where their stadium was half full. Nick Saban complained that quite a few of the Alabama games weren’t sold out. He asked his AD to get the names of the people who weren’t coming to the games. He wants to take their tickets away and give them to fans that will come. The Washington vs Texas game was not a sellout and they even lowered the price of the tickets.

Reactions: 2330859
With very few exceptions; its Urban vs the smaller communities where State funded schools are enjoying support from a larger geographic base.

The "old Metro Conference" was disappointing to those who thought the larger Urban cities would increase both TV revenue and actual paid attendance.

For those who compare UL to UK; take a Fall Weekend and examine the number of events for family entertainment between the two cities and you will see why the attendance for UL football is not any greater.

Additionally, look at how the SEC opponents travel to Lexington as compared to ACC opponents. If we filled our home schedule with ND, Tennessee, UK, Alabama and UGA every year ............. our attendance would be much larger. First, more UL fans would turn out, but think what its like to have thousands of your opponents traveling in like the aforementioned. Some may remember the WVU crowds that brought close to 10K to Louisville for a night game.

Yeah-I forgot to mention no one in the ACC travels except Clemson and ND. Comparing Louisville to UK isn’t a good comparison because all the SEC teams travel. Georgia almost sold out ND one year. SEC in terms of fan support is very similar to NFL teams.

Let’s see how Brohm does and if the season tickets increase and overall attendance picks up.

The problem with Louisville is 50% of the city population will spend the money to support the team. 30% are UK fans and 20% are cheap and won’t support anything unless it’s free.
That’s it..I’ve witness it for years.

Apples & Oranges
No comparison

I can remember quite clearly when the only people going to uk games(since the op had to bring it up) were the Jefferson Co. base who've always went to games down there. I know a bunch of them.
Stupes had to build that brand of competitive football to get it where it is now with attendance. It's not happening overnight...geez

Well you must not watched the games I did. Even UK filled almost full for games. I know because I have a relative who goes to their games and he would video the crowd. Not only that, he says the thing he hates the most about going to their games is having to stand the entire game because their fans won’t sit down. That’s just lowly UK. We have problems here at Louisville.
False

False

False

Reactions: Knucklehank1
I didn’t watch many Kensucky game other than the ones I gambled on.

They’ve always had decent crowds from what I remember. But they also had like a 80 year head start on us in terms of building a fan base and alumni base that went to football games.

You have to understand that football at Louisville didn’t matter until 30 years ago and it didn’t become a big deal until the JohnL and Bobby years.

Building tradition takes time. Grandparents passing it to parents and passing to their kids. College kids going to tailgates and making memories with big wins.

We’re at a disadvantage from the history part we haven’t been a big school in terms of enrollment historically compared to other schools as well. We had to rely on the city and casual bandwagon fans for a while. But those fans will go to the next best thing.

Our basketball had build a tradition over time and that’s why we used to next have trouble drawing a crowd no matter what.

That is such a stupid response for today’s world. I have probably watched 5 minutes of sUcK football this year. The 5 minutes of the games I watched were in the 3rd quarter channel surfing. When they pan the crowd you can see empty seats. Also there is this new thing called google and you can get information from there. Information like physical attendance or ticket sales. I would encourage you to use it sometime it might help you in your stupid post OK sUcK fan.

Bottom line of all this is the Adidas seating should have never been added and the social party deck should be done away with.

Then the place would be full and rocking every game.

The Adidas seating enclosed the stadium and makes the place look awesome at night. Also keeps
the sound in the stadium. Unfortunately, no one sits there except for the UK and ND games.

Bottom line of all this is the Adidas seating should have never been added and the social party deck should be done away with.

It’s debatable. I can tell you as someone who has seen the growth, the atmosphere really was never the same once we enclosed it fully in 2017. It slowly lost some edge as we added seats, but we’ve just never had a huge base of fans.

In our city, we have to get bandwagon fans that are casuals. They like big games and dominant teams. 2014-2016 coming off the Sugar Bowl and having Lamar was great.

Not to mention games against FSU, Miami, Clemson, and Kentucky those years to get more fans interested.

Overall, live attendance drops. Combine with we haven’t been as good. A crappy slate of home games. COVID effect. Better HD TVs at home. Younger people don’t go to games. Big city traffic. Etc.

Our attendance isn’t that different from the Big East days in terms of numbers and even the Charlie years. We just added on at a weird time. It’s always going to be hard to fill. We don’t have a traditional state school like tailgate atmosphere of 30k-40k students on campus to be able to get on campus.

If we were in the SEC or Big Ten, we’d draw massive crowds due to interest from our city and traveling fan bases. The casual fans we need are interested in the big time players and coaches they see on ESPN and in the Heisman race.

Bills, Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, Raiders, and Chiefs have huge National fanbases. They will have 1/4 to 1/2 the crowds at the majority of NFL stadiums. Comparing Louisville to them is just silly.

One thing that hurts our attendance is our conference mates. Other than Clemson, no school travels well. Florida State, NC State, and Va Tech will travel when they are rolling but not during average to below average seasons. Too many small private and private like public schools in this league.

Go away! You’re a whiny phony fool, a typical UK closet fan! Of course UK games look like they’re full and they’re all standing because the stadium is so small with cheap ass high school bleacher seats. And you have to stand or your knees are in the back of the person sitting in front of you.
While we Superior Cardinal fans can sit back and stretch our legs out in our chair back seats and our drink cup holders!
Take your whiny &$$ elsewhere! Good bye!

Go away! You’re a whiny phony fool, a typical UK closet fan! Of course UK games look like they’re full and they’re all standing because the stadium is so small with cheap ass high school bleacher seats. And you have to stand or your knees are in the back of the person sitting in front of you.
While we Superior Cardinal fans can sit back and stretch our legs out in our chair back seats and our drink cup holders!
Take your whiny &$$ elsewhere! Good bye!
:D 👍 😁 👍

I would guess average attendance will be slightly worse. Because the home schedule will be less attractive than the 2023 season.

I would guess average attendance will be slightly worse. Because the home schedule will be less attractive than the 2023 season.
Looks like the home slate will be: Austin Peay, Jackson St, Ga. Tech, Miami, Pitt, and SMU. Meanwhile, the Cards will play at Notre Dame, Clemson, BC, Stanford, Virginia, and UK.

It is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT