ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Lacrosse!

mwatson61

Four-Star Poster
Jun 14, 2005
Louisville
Man I really wish UofL would bite the bullet and field a men's team in the ACC. Just watched a thrilling overtime semi final between Maryland and Brown. I thank Maryland for giving us their spot in the ACC, but I would think the ACC would love for us to field a team to replace Maryland in Lacrosse. With our AD and athletic department we could get a premium coach and field a quality team quickly. They could play games at our track and field stadium. With the growth of the sport in this city and with Bellarmines success, this is a no brainer. Add women's gymnastics to offset the Title IX numbers.

Title IX will probably prevent it. Would require adding another women's sports program to maintain parity in the number of scholarships.

Man I really wish UofL would bite the bullet and field a men's team in the ACC. Just watched a thrilling overtime semi final between Maryland and Brown. I thank Maryland for giving us their spot in the ACC, but I would think the ACC would love for us to field a team to replace Maryland in Lacrosse. With our AD and athletic department we could get a premium coach and field a quality team quickly. They could play games at our track and field stadium. With the growth of the sport in this city and with Bellarmines success, this is a no brainer. Add women's gymnastics to offset the Title IX numbers.
I would rather give scholarships to current sports like men's golf, tennis, T&F, soccer etc

It would be nice to have some more ACC teams join the party. Beating up on Notre Dame is just one of the advantages. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tkdcoach
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT