ADVERTISEMENT

Meltdown going on a few miles down the road...

The Cats still don't have depth. The secondary is officially the worst part of the defensive and the head coach claims he is personally involved coaching them.
Wasted an absolutely wonderful effort by Snell and Johnson.
Had seven wins in the hip pocket. Lost it.
No excuses. Just lost to a team with a backup quarterback, no running game, no head coach, and on probation so no bowl hopes. Tied for second in the SEC East and lost to either the worst or second to worst team in the SEC west. Kentucky is just not a 'good' football team. Perhaps right now barely just not 'awful'.
So no....not a good football evening for a UK football fan.

Reactions: blubo
I actually said waaaaaay back when on some boards I expected UK to go 6-6 with the highest ceiling of 8-4. As usual I paid too much attention to hype after wins.
I thought the Cards would be around 8-4, 7-5. You guys lost some talent, and I figured a new DC would struggle finding a system.

Reactions: American Male
....only if either school is in the new coach hunt, and unless Petrino has a hankering to leave, I don't see that happening.

As long as Mark Stoops is there this is what UK will be...frustrating.

Kentucky missed an absolutely wonderful opportunity to make some noise in the East the last 3-4 years and have nothing to show for it. Now UF and UT will be getting new coaches and UGA is back and they're in year 5? I think of the Mark Stoops era and while the winning % has improved the program has only moderately improved.

It will be interesting to see UK next year considering they're losing quite a bit.

Reactions: billoliver40
Unless there's a quarterback the quality of Jackson on UKs roster next year, there will be steps backwards. Perhaps crash and burn steps.
Losing 18 to graduation, several starters. Depth...?????
This year was really Kentuckys shot to show improvement. Not there.

Reactions: Vestavia57
I thought we would go 8-4 doesn’t look so promising now. I’ll be glad with a 7-5

I can’t see us beating Syracuse. Seriously I think they might score 70 on us

Hard to say. They had an opportunity to beat FSU but didn’t. Played them about as well as us. The fact that the games is at home might help. But you could be right. I hope we improve coming off the bye. Hope...not much to hang on to this year. Sad

As long as Mark Stoops is there this is what UK will be...frustrating.

Kentucky missed an absolutely wonderful opportunity to make some noise in the East the last 3-4 years and have nothing to show for it. Now UF and UT will be getting new coaches and UGA is back and they're in year 5? I think of the Mark Stoops era and while the winning % has improved the program has only moderately improved.

It will be interesting to see UK next year considering they're losing quite a bit.
Why is this “frustrating”?

Reactions: Strongtino
Look around the country the margin for error is so small. The majority of teams have the same level of talent. It really boils down to building the program. The problem for both Louisville and UK is recruiting wise they have no room for error. They can't miss on kids and they have to be excellent coaches. I think both programs a figuring out that is really hard to do year and year out. Coaches moving all the time make having a good network to pull from critical.

Stoops has done some really good things but he isn't the right guy. He has totally squandered a down SEC East for 4 years. Think about Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina have all been down during his tenor all at the same time. Georgia is going to start dominating the East. I can't believe I'm going to say this but South Carolina is going to be a problem because that guy can recruit. You know Florida and Tennessee will find the right guy at some point. I think UK will lose their best juniors on defense to the draft. FYI Stephen Johnson is a winner, he may not be great at anything but he is really good college QB.

Louisville is at a cross roads. All great coaches have a coaching tree. Their assistants end up being good coaches somewhere else. Think about Petrino's coaching tree, he doesn't have one.

Look around the country the margin for error is so small. The majority of teams have the same level of talent. It really boils down to building the program. The problem for both Louisville and UK is recruiting wise they have no room for error. They can't miss on kids and they have to be excellent coaches. I think both programs a figuring out that is really hard to do year and year out. Coaches moving all the time make having a good network to pull from critical.

Stoops has done some really good things but he isn't the right guy. He has totally squandered a down SEC East for 4 years. Think about Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina have all been down during his tenor all at the same time. Georgia is going to start dominating the East. I can't believe I'm going to say this but South Carolina is going to be a problem because that guy can recruit. You know Florida and Tennessee will find the right guy at some point. I think UK will lose their best juniors on defense to the draft. FYI Stephen Johnson is a winner, he may not be great at anything but he is really good college QB.

Louisville is at a cross roads. All great coaches have a coaching tree. Their assistants end up being good coaches somewhere else. Think about Petrino's coaching tree, he doesn't have one.
He has one branch, it’s up in West Lafayette.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
I actually said waaaaaay back when on some boards I expected UK to go 6-6 with the highest ceiling of 8-4. As usual I paid too much attention to hype after wins.
I thought the Cards would be around 8-4, 7-5. You guys lost some talent, and I figured a new DC would struggle finding a system.

Nobody in their wildest dreams thought Sirmon would be this bad...we will be lucky to win 7 games this year and that is with Lamar Jackson as our QB...

Reactions: Kentucky31
What ever makes you feel good KR..
Hard to imagine any Louisville fan not cracking a smile at this. Blatant pass interference be damned!

DK.0.gif

:D

Last edited:
Lol.....everyone in both states knew ole miss receivers were top of the line and UKs secondary was living on never proved hype. It just all came through.

Hard to imagine any Louisville fan not cracking a smile at this. Blatant pass interference be damned!

DK.0.gif

:D
We need a receiver who can catch like this guy with people hanging on him. our guys struggle to hold on when they are open most of the time. we keep recruiting Wide receivers, but we don't have any with the ability to get open deep. seems like we bring in 4 or 5 new ones every year

u of L’s Athletic department is going down the toilet and you are concerned about a Melt down at UK because they lost a football game

u of L’s Athletic department is going down the toilet and you are concerned about a Melt down at UK because they lost a football game

Run along Eddie Sutton.

I'm trying to watch the replay of the Ole Miss game.
Here it comes-dagger in the heart as the Ole Miss player catches the game winning TD with 5 seconds left ! :mad:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT