ADVERTISEMENT

Maxey

Louisvillian

6000+
Oct 27, 2006
His Last 3 games before today:

Against unranked Georgia Tech, unranked Utah and #5 Ohio State he went 12-35 (34%) from the field including 1-13 (7%)from the 3 point line.

So of course today vs the #3 team in the nation....
9-14 from the field (64%) and 4-5 from the 3 point line (80%). o_O

Our 2 sharpshooters today Nwora and McMahon: 3-18 from the field (16%) and 2-11 (18%) from the 3 point line.

Another fun fact: Since Mack has been here we’ve played 3 games coming off a 7 day or more lay-off. We’re 0-3.

UK last year. 8 days off and a 12 point loss.

Minnesota in the tourney. 7 days off and a 10 point loss to an underdog.

Today at UK. 10 days off and we stumble through the first 25 minutes.

Just Another episode of ‘As the Stomach Turns’ for UofL fans.

Good breakdown on some of those stats. Interesting about the longer breaks seeming to be detrimental to the Cards.
Yeah, playing against quick guards like UK has, I would think the last thing you want is a 10 day Christmas lay-off.

Nothing we could do about the lay-off before the tournament but we sure did come out flat against Minnesota and were never really in the game.

Maxey is a phenomenal athlete and a freshmen who is very inconsistent, but he tends to step up when it counts. He is going to have to be a lot more consistent if Kentucky is going to make any type of run in the NCAA tournament.

I think UofL is probably the better team on a neutral court. Free throw shooting cost the Cards the game today. I expect to see Louisville make a great run in the NCAA tournament. Good luck the rest of the season.

The effort and focus of UKs 4 most talented players were off the charts. I’ve never seen Maxey, Quickley, Hagans, and Richards all play that hard in the same game. Usually, it felt like we lost the rivalry game based on talent disparity. This time it felt like an effort disparity.

They’ll probably lose the next game just like they lost the last 2 games, but their best players gave better effort than our best players on Saturday. It should have never came down to free throws, if our best player gave maximum effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: LouisvilleKid79
According to Bob Valvano, Maxey was 2 for his last 20 from 3 until yesterday. We still lost by missing free throws....

Reactions: Deeva
And here's where i give Cal credit..... he sees young talent that is capable of big things.... and lets them go thru their good and bad knowing their upside is that they can win you a game vs a good opponent..... and that come march then the team will be better for it

IMO i wish we were a little more that way.

Reactions: FlavRunit
A little something to chew on. His father was at the game this was the first time his father has seen him play as a collegiate in person !

And here's where i give Cal credit..... he sees young talent that is capable of big things.... and lets them go thru their good and bad knowing their upside is that they can win you a game vs a good opponent..... and that come march then the team will be better for it

IMO i wish we were a little more that way.

True words!

No excuses this time. With the teams that are coming in next year this was the last opportunity.
Not so fast my friend.

They had the big Bam kid and Fox in 2017, hot as any team in the country. Q, Deng, and Jaylen took them down, so it wouldn’t be crazy that a sophomore senior Perry, sophomore DJ and Sam, a new Star in Scrubb, and a Senior Malik could have a strong home game against freshman in their first road game.

Reactions: shadow force
These OAD kids don't give a damn about showing out against 75% of the teams on the slapd!ck schedule. Ask Michigan State which witnessed the same thing.

It's about choosing when you wanna play well so that the money down the road is there. You don't get the Utah or Evansville performances because U of L and Michigan State ain't Utah or Evansville.

And I don't know how many times these results have to repeat themselves for that connection to be obvious...

Absolutely right Zipp. These kids are all savvy enough to know that NBA scouts will obsess over how well they performed against the elite competition. Hell, I am certain Calipari reinforces this before every big game. What a coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT