ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones

cardsp

6000+
Nov 12, 2004
Jason Hatcher arrested this morning....wonder if Matty Bangs Jones will spend his 2 hours on the radio this morning talking about it like he does when something happens to UL?

Not exactly the brightest bulb this Hatcher. Going 81 mph at 1 am with a pound of pot in his car.

After he completes his prison term he still has a year of eligibility left. I see him transferring to Colorado St.

Reactions: WKCard
remember when we were all bummed he chose uk? uk dismissed him from team
The kid always appeared to be a head case to me. BUT you gotta consider that his problems still follow him because he's at LPT.

His THS buddy here has tried to veer into the ditch, but U of L/Petrino knows how to handle head cases. The only proof you need of that is what happened when K-rag took over for Petrino.

LPT Football: Just look at our 4-star recruits!...

The kid always appeared to be a head case to me. BUT you gotta consider that his problems still follow him because he's at LPT.

His THS buddy here has tried to veer into the ditch, but U of L/Petrino knows how to handle head cases. The only proof you need of that is what happened when K-rag took over for Petrino.

LPT Football: Just look at our 4-star recruits!...
No doubt. Hatcher's problems are due to the fact that he is at Yewkay where there is no control and an anything goes mentality. Remember James Quick, his buddy, almost got in some trouble too a ways back. Guess who he was hanging with at the time? You guessed it, Jason Hatcher. Lucky for James, he cut ties with Hatcher and is in a tough disciplined athletic program where these and other shenanigans are not tolerated. Had Quick ended up at sUcKs, I have little doubt he'd be in the same boat as Hatcher. That should be a lesson for future recruits.

No doubt. Hatcher's problems are due to the fact that he is at Yewkay where there is no control and an anything goes mentality. Remember James Quick, his buddy, almost got in some trouble too a ways back. Guess who he was hanging with at the time? You guessed it, Jason Hatcher. Lucky for James, he cut ties with Hatcher and is in a tough disciplined athletic program where these and other shenanigans are not tolerated. Had Quick ended up at sUcKs, I have little doubt he'd be in the same boat as Hatcher. That should be a lesson for future recruits.

When I heard about this with Hatcher, one of my thoughts was that he and Quick were very tight and had brought each other down in the past. I hope you are correct that JQ had cut ties with Hatcher. Part of being a grown up and a leader is getting any bad baggage out of your life.

Saying this would not have happened at UL b/c of Petrino is foolish. Discipline at either program is not the issue. The kid has been disciplined. This is, like most of these cases, an individual issue. In this case Hatcher. If this type of stuff is what's most important to him, it doesn't matter if he's at UL, UK or anywhere. He's going to do what he does.

Saying this would not have happened at UL b/c of Petrino is foolish. Discipline at either program is not the issue. The kid has been disciplined. This is, like most of these cases, an individual issue. In this case Hatcher. If this type of stuff is what's most important to him, it doesn't matter if he's at UL, UK or anywhere. He's going to do what he does.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. As I mentioned earlier, the Yewkay athletic department runs as an anything goes type of organization. Their lack of discipline is what led to this. Our university doesn't tolerate drugs or any other shenanigans.

Saying this would not have happened at UL b/c of Petrino is foolish...
The proof is in the pudding. Like I said, all you have to do is look what happened at U of L when K-rag replaced Petrino. Weak coaches have these problems.

LPT Football: What did you expect?...

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. As I mentioned earlier, the Yewkay athletic department runs as an anything goes type of organization. Their lack of discipline is what led to this. Our university doesn't tolerate drugs or any other shenanigans.

Really, how many chances did Chane Behanan or Kevin Ware get. Same athletic department. The kids that do these things are the kids that do these things. You cannot blame a coach or athletic department for the actions of someone who simply doesn't care. You're just throwing stones

Reactions: Red Rager
The proof is in the pudding. Like I said, all you have to do is look what happened at U of L when K-rag replaced Petrino. Weak coaches have these problems.

Really, you're smarter than that

Really, you're smarter than that
Zipp makes sense. It's just another exhibition of Stoops lack of discipline. Bb guns,bar fights. Receivers dropping balls on purpose, starting pregame fights, players quitting because they aren't playing enough, then being let back on the team without consequence. Hell, Stoops suspended Barker for games during his redshirt year, that really showed him. You have to look at the big picture. It's the same kind of crap that went on here during the Kragthorpe years.

I think Petrino to a large extent rules through fear. And another reason to be concerned if/when you hear too much talk about a kinder, gentler Bobby.

I want the same SOB who would rip a player a new one after a stupid personal foul penalty. Or who has James Quick scared to do anything but keep his nose clean.

LPT Football: But they wouldn't come here...

I understand ruling through fear but laying this at the feet of Stoops is not fair. This was Hatcher's choice. Cameron Polk, Chris Vaughn, Brandon Long, Terrance Ross all made similar choices. Was that Strong or Petrino's fault. I don't think so. Did fear stop their choices? There are 100 kids on every team. Statistics tell you some will screw up no matter the consequences. I am a KY fan and am extremely frustrated by the Hatcher situation but if what they accuse him of is correct, then no coach in the world would be able to stop that. That's a whole lot of weed to be carrying around. That's a kid, as most that get into this type of situation, that doesn't fear anything and has no concept of the consequences.

9015c57ac5f96134c062d21112d88e3a4fdcb28e1de86373008eafc671fe9cf9.jpg

Get rid of the troll mods o_O

Really, I've been on here having quality conversations about football before. My thoughts are not inflammatory. I'm not an a**hole fan. Do me a favor, don't presume to understand my motivation or intention. You won't be confused as to what those are, rest assured.

Really, I've been on here having quality conversations about football before. My thoughts are not inflammatory. I'm not an a**hole fan. Do me a favor, don't presume to understand my motivation or intention. You won't be confused as to what those are, rest assured.
When you try to equivocate Hatcher's situation with UofL players on a UofL board, that's trolling. Just like it was when I was banned from the yut site for reminding all those hillbillies that paying players like Hal Mumme and Fraud Bassett did, makes a program way more "win at al costs" than allowing transfers a 2nd chance.

And, "Really, you're smarter than that".

You infer what you choose to infer. I was simply making a point that players get in trouble bc of their own choices. To pin Hatchers choices on the coach is not correct in my opinion. The UL players were brought up to make that point. I don't deny its put up or shut up time for stoops but he's not why Hatcher screwed up. See that for what it is.

This guy should have gone to the University of Colorado.
Not really. They have to pass drug test there too. My question for UK fans is why did it come to the point where he gets caught with a pound to get thrown off the team? Yes all schools have problems but how could this kid keep testing clean, he obviously has had issues for a while.

Reactions: JohnCard28
You infer what you choose to infer. I was simply making a point that players get in trouble bc of their own choices. To pin Hatchers choices on the coach is not correct in my opinion. The UL players were brought up to make that point. I don't deny its put up or shut up time for stoops but he's not why Hatcher screwed up. See that for what it is.
I infer that you are trolling, thereby making you unwelcome on this board.

Reactions: LockdownCard
I think there is a significant difference between Stoops and Petrino when it comes to discipline. All the players you list didn't have multiple infractions. In most cases they either messed up one time or were immediately let go. I maybe wrong none of these guys screwed up twice, if they did they either left the program or didn't play a significant role on team. Stoops on the other hand is really all over the board with discipline.

Yes, it is ultimately Hatchers problem, but Stoops failed to take the tough love approach with him. The suspension before this last incident should have been a year suspension. If Quick screws up again he needs to be suspended for the year.

The difference being this was Hatcher's third offense without much consequence that's what makes your point moot.

From a few miles away, my take on Stupes is that he will kick a guy off the team eventually and when the black eye is noticeable enough. If you wanna call that "discipline", fine.

U of L typically takes the same kid and and either gives him the boot if the infraction is great enough. Or the kid gets intimidated to the point that he stays on the team and no problems ensue.

From the parent's or guardian's standpoint, the Stupes approach doesn't accomplish much but delay the inevitable. U of L OTOH deals with a kid who is no longer within the control of his parents--AND controls him if that's still possible. I'm sure that's what the parents want, if not the kid.

Forget about football. The LPT program is a little half-a$$ed in terms of doing what's best for the kid who has problems.

LPT Football: Among other things...

Reactions: Red Rager
Louisville takes chances with kids, but the way the program is ran those kids, generally speaking, fit right into the program. They fit in because the staff is very consistent with their discipline. The results speak for themselves. The reason every coach that comes behind Petrino fails is because they can't match his attention to detail and discipline.

There is still real value instilling geniune fear into players, fear of being dismissed, fear from sitting on the bench, or fear of being suspended. It really prepares any kid who wants to be a pro. To be a pro players have to perform everyday or they won't make it in the league.

You don't see many successful football coaches that aren't strong disciplinarians. It is far too tough of a game with a roster of 100 players to play favorites or be inconsistent with discipline.

And your misunderstood basketball coach who you'd nominate for sainthood has had not 1 but 2 Final Fours vacated. Of course it's all a big coincidence and St. Cal the Benevolent is just misunderstood and never knew a thing. You guys hated him but by golly the more you read up on him the more you became convinced that St. Cal is as clean and pure as the driven snow. Nothing to see folks. Oh and Mods please take out the trash. Or leave the rube here so we can slap around. Whatever.

The harder UK fans reach for moral outrage towards Louisville, the more pure their ignorance of themselves - the dirtiest program in college history, with an amoral sexual history as long as Skaleton's arms..

Now we have sex to talk about - and lots of it! - a burgeoning specialty at at site where the very term arouses some confusion. Wasn't Lexington the site of bare bottomed football players rollicking the party world with Rock Hudson? The Chuck Hayes Knock Out milkshake? The genesis of Shawn Kemp's family of thousands? Winston Bennet's sexual addiction parties? Prison terms for Richie, Porter and Ed Davender? Goose Givens and his mighty young girl friends? Those wonderful nude UK linemen with their cordial invites to 12 year old boys from their porch steps?

This may be the flimsiest issue of them all for a fan base whose abuse of power includes hiring a twice-shamed sociopath and his wholly-cheating entourage for the role of spiritual leader.

You couldn't invent this crap.

Life is life. But as Hollywood understands, the simple truth about scandal is that it doesn't come to people off the radar. The same branch of the Hollywood tree as the branch-let "there's no such thing as bad publicity."

No one gives an ish if Stupes has an affair because no one gives an ish about Stupes. Being poor to mediocre is one guarantee that you won't have to read those kinds of headlines about yourself.

LPT Football: As pure as we are pitiful...

The harder UK fans reach for moral outrage towards Louisville, the more pure their ignorance of themselves - the dirtiest program in college history, with an amoral sexual history as long as Skaleton's arms..

Now we have sex to talk about - and lots of it! - a burgeoning specialty at at site where the very term arouses some confusion. Wasn't Lexington the site of bare bottomed football players rollicking the party world with Rock Hudson? The Chuck Hayes Knock Out milkshake? The genesis of Shawn Kemp's family of thousands? Winston Bennet's sexual addiction parties? Prison terms for Richie, Porter and Ed Davender? Goose Givens and his mighty young girl friends? Those wonderful nude UK linemen with their cordial invites to 12 year old boys from their porch steps?

This may be the flimsiest issue of them all for a fan base whose abuse of power includes hiring a twice-shamed sociopath and his wholly-cheating entourage for the role of spiritual leader.

You couldn't invent this crap.
In Jack "the fondler" Givens defense he was able to convince that 8th grade girl's family that the reason he was groping her in the pool was he was teaching her the Breast Stroke. The family accepted his explanation along with a big check.

Creepy Chuck Hayes apparently never shared his Rohypnol cocktail recipe with fiend Michael Porter. The "forget me drug" probably kept creepy Chucky's NBA dreams intact.

So it's good publicity for a fringe top 25 football team, in good years,

Facts
Typical Slappy claiming facts and then his first sentence is completely not factual at all.

"Fringe top 25 in good years"? Bobby Petrino's 2nd, 3rd and 4th seasons at Louisville ended with the Cards being ranked in the AP poll #6 in 2004, #19 in 2005 and #6 with an Orange Bowl win in 2006.

Charlie Strong's 3rd and 4th season's ended with the Cards being ranked #13 in 2012 with a Sugar Bowl win over a team UK hasn't beat in 30 years and #15 in 2013. Does that sound like "Fringe Top 25"?

Those are FACTS but when you root for a team that hasn't ended up in the Top 25 since Ronald Reagan's first term (32 years ago) distorting the facts of your rival's success is a vital coping mechanism.

Typical Slappy claiming facts and then his first sentence is completely not factual at all.

"Fringe top 25 in good years"? Bobby Petrino's 2nd, 3rd and 4th seasons at Louisville ended with the Cards being ranked in the AP poll #6 in 2004, #19 in 2005 and #6 with an Orange Bowl win in 2006.

Charlie Strong's 3rd and 4th season's ended with the Cards being ranked #13 in 2012 with a Sugar Bowl win over a team UK hasn't beat in 30 years and #15 in 2013. Does that sound like "Fringe Top 25"?

Those are FACTS but when you root for a team that hasn't ended up in the Top 25 since Ronald Reagan's first term (32 years ago) distorting the facts of your rival's success is a vital coping mechanism.
Great post. It's looks to me like fringe top 10.

The more they run their traps, the StoopIDer they sound.

Reactions: Louisvillian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT