ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall vs. Louisville

For you youngsters who just can't see it, Marshall is US 10 -15 years ago.

And most remember what we did to many big shot P5 teams in those days.

MU has a ton of underrated talent that is going to play with that same chip on their shoulder.

So pardon us if we're a little more worried about it than some of you.

Yeah, we "should" win easy. But when you play with a ball with points on both ends it sometimes bounces funny. So I'll celebrate when it's over if we're as good as we think.

The Ville as a city is certainly blessed! You guys have a few
fortune 500 companies there. Not to mention, the great Kentucky Derby, Muhammad Ali, etc.. Huntington at one time was bigger than Lexington. We lost half of our population and jobs. Marshall doesn't have "access to the money" you guys have. This is what makes our school and team so "special", because we have to do with a hell of a lot less to compete. I'm not even going to compare budgets, you guys definitely would blow us out the water. lol. I hope we can continue this series. I have a lot of friends that live in the Ville, I try and visit there as often as possible. Saturday's game might be a little closer, than what the experts are predicting. Don't be "surprised" if it is:)

in my opinion, it is that buster douglas type of team that demands respect because mistakes and mental preparation are a big key to either Louisville playing on all cylinders or having an eye on a game a week away.

I believe our running game is key to victory. Any game Louisville gains 100+ from the running backs we win. So the key to this game is taking Marshall serious, preparing for a solid team, and executing against a team that can beat us.

A team that has beat us 4 consecutive times deserves respect. If I played for Marshall, I would be playing loose with nothing to lose and let it all hang out.

Will not surprise me to see a lot of trick plays and misdirection from the Marshall O.

I believe in Petrino and I believe our kids will be ready.

Go Cards

For you youngsters who just can't see it, Marshall is US 10 -15 years ago.

And most remember what we did to many big shot P5 teams in those days.

MU has a ton of underrated talent that is going to play with that same chip on their shoulder.

So pardon us if we're a little more worried about it than some of you.

Yeah, we "should" win easy. But when you play with a ball with points on both ends it sometimes bounces funny. So I'll celebrate when it's over if we're as good as we think.
100% spot on !

Reactions: Cue Card
So, when the Cards play at Boston College later this season, you won't respect them because they haven't beaten us in over a decade? I mean what team would you not respect? I respect all teams in the sense that they can field a team and play college football, but just because I may believe a team will win big doesn't mean I don't respect the other team.

Do Alabama fans respect Kentucky? Etc...

So, when the Cards play at Boston College later this season, you won't respect them because they haven't beaten us in over a decade? I mean what team would you not respect? I respect all teams in the sense that they can field a team and play college football, but just because I may believe a team will win big doesn't mean I don't respect the other team.

You respect Marshall as a fan because they know how to win, they expect to win, and they won 10 games last year. BC you respect a little less as a fan because they are struggling as a program right now, having lost something like 10 conference games in a row.

Last edited:
Reactions: beasleythecard
Definitely respect all teams. Not a Marshall fan but my point was the pride their fans and players have for their program. I probably have a different type of respect because of the proximity of Marshall to my house and having some close ties to former players. For whatever reason seeing and remembering the plane crash when I was young and seeing the pride of the Huntington community for their school and football program elevates my respect.

Saying that the crash or former players will have no bearing on this game but over the last 40 years (almost 50) I have witnessed their football program pull off some miraculous feats no one thought was possible.

think about it this way, Florida state felt last Saturday like Cards do right now. Stay humble and tear ish up should be our motto, but what do I know?

ps.
with the attitude FSU had when we smacked them in the mouth the folded.

Marshall has nothing to lose.

Fans are fans. Nothing they say, do, or think will affect the outcome of
any contest. Thats the coaches and players job.

Cards will maul the herd.

We have what's called, "We Are Marshall" Pride at the Joan, when the stakes are on the line. We had a big time letdown last week. This team is a lot better, than what happened last week. This is going to be an interesting game.

I think the first quarter will tell a lot. There has been a "shock & awe" thing these first 3 game and by the end of the 1st quarter, the game was effectively over. The FSU score was close at the end of Q1, but on the field the Seminoles were being dominated and their body language reflected it. I have no doubt that MU will be fired up & ready to play and the city of Huntington will be united with them.

See you at the Joan tomorrow night! I am arriving in town this evening. Gotta hit Tudor's, the Pub (roast beef Pubwich...mmmmm), and Stewarts. If you don't have "the pre-diabeetus" when you leave Huntington, you didn't do it right!

I think the first quarter will tell a lot. There has been a "shock & awe" thing these first 3 game and by the end of the 1st quarter, the game was effectively over. The FSU score was close at the end of Q1, but on the field the Seminoles were being dominated and their body language reflected it. I have no doubt that MU will be fired up & ready to play and the city of Huntington will be united with them.

See you at the Joan tomorrow night! I am arriving in town this evening. Gotta hit Tudor's, the Pub (roast beef Pubwich...mmmmm), and Stewarts. If you don't have "the pre-diabeetus" when you leave Huntington, you didn't do it right!

Agree...

Come back and share your experience, looking forward to it.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT