ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall vs Louisville

We're 0-4 against Marshall since our last win in 1981.

That includes the 2002 GMAC Bowl debacle in Mobile when Michigan State leaked that they had hired our head coach, John L. Smith, and our players were finding out via cell phones as our game was in progress.

This crap has to stop. RIght now.

There are only two downtown Huntington hotels so if you're looking to make reservations at either the Holiday Inn Huntington Civic Arena or the Pullman Plaza Hotel, you better get on it. It may already be too late.

There are plenty of hotels within a few miles of downtown and the stadium but those are the only ones in the downtown and campus areas near all the restaurants and bars.

Pullman Plaza was recently purchased by Doubletree but I'm not sure when that transition will take place. Holiday Inn is a newer property with more updated amenities.

Who was the guy who posted on here a couple weeks ago about the bus trip he was putting together for the Marshall game?

Who was the guy who posted on here a couple weeks ago about the bus trip he was putting together for the Marshall game?
I was/am the guy. We are 100% booked. I am thinking about adding a second motorcoach, but would need 25 passengers to make it work.

I was/am the guy. We are 100% booked. I am thinking about adding a second motorcoach, but would need 25 passengers to make it work.

What kind of charge would there be Gman? And would a night in a motel be a part of this package since the game is at 8 p.m.? Thanks.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

What kind of charge would there be Gman? And would a night in a motel be a part of this package since the game is at 8 p.m.? Thanks.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
gocds -

This is the first trip we have ever done WITHOUT a hotel room. We are trying to keep the cost down. The trip cost is $113.00 per person. Includes transportation and game ticket. I can offer the trip WITHOUT a game ticket, also. For $69.00 per person. I have been assured I can get good co-located game tickets from UofL, and I have already taken the action of holding a second motorcoach.

I just don't think we need to see people tearing across Kentucky on I-64 between midnight and 2:30AM on Sunday at o' Dark 30. My whole premise was, that if the game is late, which we know now that it is, we could save some lives and some money by traveling together with this phenomenal driving staff.

Mrs. Guardman is concerned about the added headaches we will have with a second motorcoach, but I am concerned about safety and keeping things affordable for most.

We are planning to tailgate in one of the Marshall Stadium parking lots from about 2:45PM until about 7:15PM.

This is a BYO event. Food and Beverages.

Everyone should let me know what they think.

Might be able to touch base with these guys to coordinate your tailgate... LINK

Also, in the past, Kansas St and Purdue both hosted fan/alumni events on game day at Buddy's All-American BBQ a few blocks from the stadium.

Fat Patty's and Mancini's are restaurant/sports bars right across the street from the stadium. Both are usually packed on game day. Might be options for tailgate food if you call and order in advance.

Of course, there's Jimmie Johns and Firehouse Subs within a few blocks of the stadium too.

Might be able to touch base with these guys to coordinate your tailgate... LINK

Also, in the past, Kansas St and Purdue both hosted fan/alumni events on game day at Buddy's All-American BBQ a few blocks from the stadium.

Fat Patty's and Mancini's are restaurant/sports bars right across the street from the stadium. Both are usually packed on game day. Might be options for tailgate food if you call and order in advance.

Of course, there's Jimmie Johns and Firehouse Subs within a few blocks of the stadium too.
Great suggestions, Mike Gwinn.

Reactions: Mike Gwinn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT