ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Jurich is out.

BP,

Finally, I can partially agree with one of your takes. VT is also unproven and probably overpaid. If I were picking our interim AD, it would have been someone with more relevant experience. Hell, I'd have gone with Denny Crum or Schnelly over VT. That said, I'm willing to sit back and see what he produces. At the very least, he seems to be a fan. I won't hold the UK baseball stint against him. U of L sucked at baseball when VT was playing.

Maybe the common theme in all of this, is that we are overpaying most employees. While we're at it, why give Padgett 1.1 million? Would he have turned down the job for 500k? Seems arbitrary to toss cash around when our liquidity is what it is these days.
I think only Zipp holds the yut baseball career against him - honestly his THS career bugs me as much. I was 3-5 lifetime on him though, so there’s that.

So are you comfortable with him being the permanent AD?

I think only Zipp holds the yut baseball career against him - honestly his THS career bugs me as much. I was 3-5 lifetime on him though, so there’s that.

So are you comfortable with him being the permanent AD?

Don't know if comfortable is the way I'd describe it, but we need stability. Not sure who could come in right now and do a better job. I guess I'm hoping Tyra can weather the storm for a few years.

Don't know if comfortable is the way I'd describe it, but we need stability. Not sure who could come in right now and do a better job. I guess I'm hoping Tyra can weather the storm for a few years.
I guess that’s the problem - we’ll never know who could come in and do a better job - hell, we will never know who was interested - if they really talked with other candidates in any serious way at all.

Really glad that the new regime did away with all of the cronyism/nepotism and has provided the transparency they said was lacking before... o_O

It did seem to be pretty well pre-determined that Tyra would be the guy. Kind of like taking advantage of a vulnerable fan base still in shock. No one had time to argue or consider other options. That said, he could end up being the right fit. I'm sure he's better than Barnhart regardless.

The details regarding the Gift Tracking System, when it was implemented, and that it was used daily is an interesting detail missing from the C-J story. They either did not receive it, did not understand it, or ignored it. The first possibility would not be their fault. The last two would. Given that other universities apparently did not track donations by individual, that the system started only in 2010 should not be shocking. This certainly adds depth and perspective to the story.

Do you believe EVERYTHING a Jurich tells you or just 99 percent of it?

If I’m weighing credibility between the Jurichs and the Curious Urinal? The tracking system discredits all the author of that sorry excuse for a story implies. Do you only ignore facts that conflict with your narrative, or just 99% of it?

The gift tracking system is a trivial detail. As logic would suggest and as Kenny Kline (and others) point out, attributing large donations to a single individual is nearly impossible. Too many other factors in play to make a direct link.

Reactions: Hold Me Back
The gift tracking system is a trivial detail. As logic would suggest and as Kenny Kline (and others) point out, attributing large donations to a single individual is nearly impossible. Too many other factors in play to make a direct link.

LMAO, yep - trivial. Like your opinion.

LMAO, yep - trivial. Like your opinion.

Speaking of tracking, have you reread this thread and counted the number of times you've been dead wrong? You just aren't capable of original thought. At first, you were outraged I'd suggest Mark was overpaid. Then I explained why and you wanted facts. A short time later a newspaper bound by journalistic integrity and actual sources reports the same thing I claimed and you resort to Twitter for you counterattack. I almost feel sorry for you.

Newspaper that has been around over a century or personal Twitter page? Maybe a third party should decide which of the two seems a more reliable and factual source. Better yet, maybe you should learn what a fact is. Been nice owning you.

Reactions: Hold Me Back
Newspaper that has been around over a century or personal Twitter page? Maybe a third party should decide which of the two seems a more reliable and factual source. Better yet, maybe you should learn what a fact is. Been nice owning you.

An article in a biased news source that uses conjecture and cites a personal opinion expressed in an email. Congrats on all that factual data. Surely that gift tracking system doesnt have near the reliability as that fine piece of journalism.

You are very typical of todays society where you believe you can repeat an accusation enough times to make it factual. Why don’t you provide an example where I have been factually inaccurate? But I guess as long as you say it is so, and you believe (like Santa Claus) hard enough, it becomes reality.

The fact that a gift tracking system exists completely nullifies your narrative, no matter how hard you wish and hope and pray. Facts do not care about your feelings.

Reactions: landwrecker
This "STL" guy is in his own realm... Hates BOTH the old and new regimes, and I don't think I've met anyone in that camp. Guess we oughta be honored that we're worthy of his company...

Reactions: CommodoreCard
You guys are too much. You really can't argue with idiots so I give up. Zipp....I don't think you are as stupid as the rest, but why try to misconstrue my comments? I hate neither admin. It was time for Jurich to hit the road and now, as I've said, I'll give the new guys a shot. Trust me on one thing...there's no bigger Cards fan here than me.

Technically speaking, there's nothing wrong with being an indiscriminate hater. All I ask is you own who you are...

Trust me on one thing...there's no bigger Cards fan here than me.

You put a lot of trust in the words of others with little evidence. That isn’t how intelligent people assess circumstances or situations objectively. You could be, you might not be, but spare me the request to take your word for it. Your opinion of the Jurichs is straight from the Matty Jones talking points. You are suspect, at best.

Lol....this from the guy who provided Mark's personal letter posted on his Twitter account as picture proof evidence that the CJ report was nonsense.

Lol....this from the guy who provided Mark's personal letter posted on his Twitter account as picture proof evidence that the CJ report was nonsense.

The CJ report was nonsense, because like you, it attempts to use opinion and conjecture and pass it off as fact. What Mark provided, was the fact that a gift tracking system has been in place for many years. Are you claiming that system does not exist? Are you implying the data in that system is falsified?
I’m not asking you to take my word for it. I’m not asking you to take Mark’s word for it. If Klein provided data to the author of your “proof”, surely he would provide you with the same (although you may need to submit an ORR). See for your own two eyes the factual data.
But you will not do that. You know, as I do, it will contradict your weak narrative.
The facts still do not care about your opinion. They still won’t care after your next post of tripe. They won’t care no matter how long you kick and scream or try to get the last word in. You have nothing.

Reactions: landwrecker
I'm glad I missed half of that. Ignore is a good thing AFAIC.

Anybody who can't connect the dots, so far, just doesn't want to.

The "bad guys" have gotten us to the top of the pecking order of college athletics, AND grown the campus and academics dramatically.

And the "good guys" are, it appears, are intent on tearing it all down.

And BTW, the illustrious CJ has another hit piece on TJ this morning, but guess what? They're hitting Petrino too.

This isn't over.

But we'll be fine I'm told.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Information received from two sources revealed that Schnatter first supported Bevin financially and then had specific requests after the election. This started with the Trustee Board changes and having himself appointed to the board. It continued with the firing of Rick Petino and then Tom Jurich. It then continued with the firing of Mark Jurich. This was another personal attack on Tom Jurich. Mark Jurich was a UofL alum and performed in an excellent manner while working for the university. Also if you check out Tom Jurich's last evaluation by our interim a$$hole you will find it was an excellent evaluation. This will come back to haunt the university on the settlement. The University of Louisville had a reputation for treating it workers fairly, but it in this case it dumped on some very good people. These actions were snotty driven.

Reactions: zipp
Maybe UofL should get you defend their actions in court. You can name the amount, but I will bet you that the court or arbitrator will not agree with your position on Tom Jurich. Do you want to put your money where your mouth is?

What exactly are you challenging me to wager upon? That Tom Jurich was wrongfully terminated and that the court will rule in this manner?

The court or arbitrator will rule that Tom Jurich was wrongfully terminated. Rick Pitino was also wrongly terminated, the university under its own rules was required to have a hearing prior to any action being taken. I'm sure you have a legal explanation for that. The only thing that will preclude a decision is a prior settlement between the parties.

Reactions: SoulSr
I am not an attorney. Are you? Do you know more about contracts and wrongful termination than U of Ls legal team?

I am not an attorney. Are you? Do you know more about contracts and wrongful termination than U of Ls legal team?

Which one? The previous one that hired a PI firm that in-turn went to a local newspaper for information about sexual harassment/assault allegations against Tom Jurich? Or the new one, who weren't advising when the clown show fired Jurich and Pitino?

Reactions: zipp
ADVERTISEMENT