ADVERTISEMENT

Mangok Mathiang Update

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
The Charlotte Hornets won 95-81 against the Oklahoma City Thunder in day 4 of the Orlando Summer League. Australian big man Mangok Mathiang played 21 minutes and contributed 8 points (4/5), 4 rebounds and a block.

Mathiang made the highlights today with a baseline cut and finish in the second quarter, followed by an emphatic block on Dylan Ennis shortly after.

His other buckets included a put-back, and a turnaround hook shot from the low post late in the third quarter, and an easy lay-in from a lob pass during the fourth quarter. More than anything else, Mathiang showed his ability to score in a variety of ways, mostly when he’s established position close to the rim.

Glad Mangok got a chance to play in the Summer League. Hopefully he can find a spot on a squad, and if not he'll make money playing overseas.

Honestly dont think he'll make it in the NBA. Definitely overseas, but not NBA.

Honestly dont think he'll make it in the NBA. Definitely overseas, but not NBA.
I think the takeaway from this is here is another player who came to U of L with undeveloped skills but with effort and coaching was able to at least have an opportunity to play professionally if not in the NBA but elsewhere. Nothing wrong with that.

Mathiang was a project from the start. With hard work and great coaching, he has made himself into a professional basketball player. IDK if he'll make a NBA team but he will make a good living playing a game for a few years. Nothing wrong with that at all. Once his playing days are over, he has a college degree to fall back on. Not a bad spot to be in.

I think the takeaway from this is here is another player who came to U of L with undeveloped skills but with effort and coaching was able to at least have an opportunity to play professionally if not in the NBA but elsewhere. Nothing wrong with that.

No doubt.

Another testament to CRP is Preston Knowles. He's still playing professionally in Israel. A guy from Winchester KY who's hard work and effort is still earning him a paycheck to play a kids game! I truly loved Prestons's motor but in all honesty didn't think he would play this long.

Another testament to CRP is Preston Knowles. He's still playing professionally in Israel. A guy from Winchester KY who's hard work and effort is still earning him a paycheck to play a kids game! I truly loved Prestons's motor but in all honesty didn't think he would play this long.
Preston set the tone for our level of defense which carried over to Peyton and Russ. He came in unheralded and worked his tail off. We would never have lost to Morehead if PK doesn't get injured late in the game.

Reactions: nccardfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT