ADVERTISEMENT

Malzahn Fired...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy answer to your question--he'd have Brohm and not Satterfield.

And you're actually claiming that half pregnant is optimal. That's spend $14 million and $3 million annually to get Satterfield, but don't spend too much more to get Brohm.

That's insane. If spending millions is unwise, you should have never emptied the bank to get rid of Petrino. If it IS wise, then you land Brohm (assuming money was the issue).

Like the greenhorn AD he is, "Vince" didn't have an executable plan when he immediately DECIDED to pay Petrino 100% of his buyout. That's obvious...

Me thinks you’d move on from your Brohm examples. Especially since Jeff is continuing to prove his worthlessness to the college football world. Poodoo is in exactly that place you’d like UofL to be in. But WTH that’s just me.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: tf4fun
Are you implying that the stands have been full and that donors are standing in line to give since Satterfield was hired? I hope not...
Maybe because the fans knew that Bobby didn't care about this area.

Imagine the team this year, Malik at QB throwing the ball to Tutu, Dez, Rondale Moore, and Wandale Robinson? Imagine had Bobby tried on defense and we had decent defensive commits to go along with J.j. Weaver and Jared Casey coming in to play?

That was before "Vince" even got in here, we had a Heisman winner. So why did the kids hate our guts?

FYI, I'm not a Vince guy really. We should've probably brought in someone from the outside.

Uncovered a little more about your Auburn example. This is good stuff...
  • The rumored replacement for Malzahn is the defensive coordinator. This is the same guy who was coaching the defense when Malzahn was there, i.e., no change. And they got rid of the head coach who, at a minimum, is supposedly pretty good at running the offense. So you have his OC now calling plays. For that, you're paying $21 million.
  • Auburn's not even paying the buyout. Rather, a single booster is paying the buyout.
So if an example of stupidity is your evidence, and if it doesn't really apply since the school's not paying it, keep singing Auburn's praises...
Lol - “rumor” is all you deal in. Well that is when it agrees with your narrative. Let me know when it becomes fact.

Me thinks you’d move on from your Brohm examples. Especially since Jeff is continuing to prove his worthlessness to the college football world. Poodoo is in exactly that place you’d like UofL to be in. But WTH that’s just me.
You don't know how Brohm would be doing here because you're laying claim to the counterfactual. How did K-rag do at Tulsa before he came here?

And among posters in this space, you should know me better than to allege "where I want U of L to be". Your AD--whom I don't give a rat's a$$ about-- doesn't qualify as U of L...

So every single AD who has met face to face with a coach and not hired them is a failure?
I didn't say that. But when that was the declared objective, he/she sure as hell failed that objective.

Who else otherwise? It wasn't Brohm's responsibility to take the job...

Maybe because the fans knew that Bobby didn't care about this area.

Imagine the team this year, Malik at QB throwing the ball to Tutu, Dez, Rondale Moore, and Wandale Robinson? Imagine had Bobby tried on defense and we had decent defensive commits to go along with J.j. Weaver and Jared Casey coming in to play?

That was before "Vince" even got in here, we had a Heisman winner. So why did the kids hate our guts?

FYI, I'm not a Vince guy really. We should've probably brought in someone from the outside.
Nowhere in there was an answer to my question. But if you were describing the backdrop for Brohm coaching here, I wouldn't disagree with that...

Lol - “rumor” is all you deal in. Well that is when it agrees with your narrative. Let me know when it becomes fact.
So you're hanging onto the hope that DC doesn't get hired. And that's to replace a coach that didn't cost Auburn itself a nickel to get rid of.

Your usual level of evidence quality...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL POST IT IS A JOKE. Hey Tommy Tuberville can be a senator why can’t Doug Jones be a coach

Nowhere in there was an answer to my question. But if you were describing the backdrop for Brohm coaching here, I wouldn't disagree with that...
The attendance issues weren’t Vince’s problem for football. Bobby being brought back was on Tom. The bad contract was Tom.

Now, no one at all complained when Tom signed him to that deal and it was right at the time. But Vince had nothing to do with the atrocious defense and then the collapse of 2018.

Hugh Freise will be successful wherever he ends up especially in recruiting. Maybe we should follow his tactics and we would get some 5 star athletes. Ole Miss got 5 star recruits by giving scholarships to the girlfriends of the top recruits.

Easy answer to your question--he'd have Brohm and not Satterfield.

And you're actually claiming that half pregnant is optimal. That's spend $14 million and $3 million annually to get Satterfield, but don't spend too much more to get Brohm.

That's insane. If spending millions is unwise, you should have never emptied the bank to get rid of Petrino. If it IS wise, then you land Brohm (assuming money was the issue).

Like the greenhorn AD he is, "Vince" didn't have an executable plan when he immediately DECIDED to pay Petrino 100% of his buyout. That's obvious...
Why is Brohm better than Satterfield?

So you're hanging onto the hope that DC doesn't get hired. And that's to replace a coach that didn't cost Auburn itself a nickel to get rid of.

Your usual level of evidence quality...
I don’t give a rat’s ass who auburn hires. As usual your doing your “best” to obfuscate the point that they’re paying malzhan’s contract. Just like weak forest will do with Manning.

The attendance issues weren’t Vince’s problem for football. Bobby being brought back was on Tom. The bad contract was Tom.

Now, no one at all complained when Tom signed him to that deal and it was right at the time. But Vince had nothing to do with the atrocious defense and then the collapse of 2018.
No need to go back over ancient history to see what's going on now.

We were assured when U of L decided to pay Petrino in full that the $14 million would be recovered thru ongoing support of the football program. Attendance actually dropped the year after even though there were several thousand more seats in a club setting, in better locations, and closer to the action. IOW despite big enhancements to the fan experience.

On a %-of-stadium-capacity basis, attendance dropped from 91% to 82% after Petrino got $hit canned.

[And this is not unlike the ongoing attendance disaster that is U of L men's basketball. It seems that U of L fans are talking with their feet as far as support for the new athletics administration...]

Why is Brohm better than Satterfield?
I get asked to defend decisions I didn't support. Better ask "Vince" and the thousands of fans who wanted Brohm.

No one we could get was worth north of $15 million. This program doesn't generate that kinda revenue, a fact that your AD's discovering the hard way...

I don’t give a rat’s ass who auburn hires. As usual your doing your “best” to obfuscate the point that they’re paying malzhan’s contract...
Auburn's not paying anything. Your example isn't even relevant, which is a huge surprise...

You don't know how Brohm would be doing here because you're laying claim to the counterfactual. How did K-rag do at Tulsa before he came here?

And among posters in this space, you should know me better than to allege "where I want U of L to be". Your AD--whom I don't give a rat's a$$ about-- doesn't qualify as U of L...

Simply put, you’re wrong. Once again.

GO CARDS!!!

Read last nights responses this morning. So much anger. So many periods. Guess someone didn’t get a Christmas card from Tom.

Reactions: luv2hit63
I get asked to defend decisions I didn't support. Better ask "Vince" and the thousands of fans who wanted Brohm.

No one we could get was worth north of $15 million. This program doesn't generate that kinda revenue, a fact that your AD's discovering the hard way...
So if you didn’t want to spend Brohm money, why are you always griping that we didn’t get Brohm? If we are short on cash, why do you object to spending less for Satterfield? Why do you assume that Brohm would bring donors and raise attendance? Has that happened at Purdue?

So if you didn’t want to spend Brohm money, why are you always griping that we didn’t get Brohm? If we are short on cash, why do you object to spending less for Satterfield? Why do you assume that Brohm would bring donors and raise attendance? Has that happened at Purdue?
Let me take a stab at this.
1. To crap on Tyra.
2. To crap on Tyra.
3. To crap on Tyra.
4. No - but that’s Tyra’s fault as well.

Auburn's not paying anything. Your example isn't even relevant, which is a huge surprise...
Lol - Auburn isn’t paying anything in the same way that Weak is paying Manning less - as both situations exist only in your mind.

No need to go back over ancient history to see what's going on now.

We were assured when U of L decided to pay Petrino in full that the $14 million would be recovered thru ongoing support of the football program. Attendance actually dropped the year after even though there were several thousand more seats in a club setting, in better locations, and closer to the action. IOW despite big enhancements to the fan experience.

On a %-of-stadium-capacity basis, attendance dropped from 91% to 82% after Petrino got $hit canned.

[And this is not unlike the ongoing attendance disaster that is U of L men's basketball. It seems that U of L fans are talking with their feet as far as support for the new athletics administration...]
Is that on par with the national trends of attendance and rating declines in all sports?

So your "spin" about capacity is interesting, because we added seats in a time when attendance is dropping nationally? But, it appears the same amount of people are generally attending games.

Going by Zipp's numbers
2018: 55,000 capacity. 91% = about 50,000 average
2019: 61,000 capacity. 82% = about 50,000 average

The actual numbers
Tom's ACC era
2014: 52,972 (96%) 6 Home Games
2015: 49,069 (89%) 6 Home Games
2016: 54,065 (98%) 6 Home Games
2017: 46,160 (84%) 6 Home Games

Vince's Era
2018: 50,251 (91%) 7 Home Games
2019: 49,913 (82%) 6 Home Games

Man, so Tom's last year with Bobby, when we had the Heisman trophy winner, we had a 15% drop that year in attendance, with a 55,000 seat stadium. 2018 was a big rebound after all the scandals and the loss of Lamar, good job Vince! And after a 2-10 season, he held steady and kept about the same number of fans.

It seems like the Vince era recovered after Tom's collapse in 2017, just using your logic. Hopefully next year we can move up, because of Tom and Bobby's downward trend at the end Vince had a lot to figure out! But I just think attendance is going down and dependent on your team and who you play.

I'd also point out that odd numbered years seemed to always be lower, so 2019 being a bit lower is on par with 2015 & 2017.

Last edited:
You don't understand because you're not following the debate(s). ONCE YOU PAY OFF PETRINO, the issue becomes who did you hire. Are you debating that Brohm wasn't "Vince's" #1 candidate? Are you saying "Vince" had his ducks in a row when he set out to hire Brohm?

I sure as hell objected to the notion of spending $15 million to hire a coach from Appy State or any other school outside the Top Ten. We didn't have that kinda money, and the last few years have demonstrated that.

Brohm is not the golden-haired boy at Purdue that he was here. Fans who wanna trash him now have forgotten their narratives from a couple years ago. I haven't...

Lol - Auburn isn’t paying anything in the same way that Weak is paying Manning less - as both situations exist only in your mind.
  1. Auburn's paying zero to get rid of Malzahn.
  2. Wake is trying to pay less than Manning's full buyout. That's their DECISION.
Your evidence again ends up supporting my position.
Thanks. Now I understand.
That's why my list stopped at two items.

Is that on par with the national trends of attendance and rating declines in all sports?

So your "spin" about capacity is interesting, because we added seats in a time when attendance is dropping nationally? But, it appears the same amount of people are generally attending games.

Going by Zipp's numbers
2018: 55,000 capacity. 91% = about 50,000 average
2019: 61,000 capacity. 82% = about 50,000 average

The actual numbers
Tom's ACC era
2014: 52,972 (96%) 6 Home Games
2015: 49,069 (89%) 6 Home Games
2016: 54,065 (98%) 6 Home Games
2017: 46,160 (84%) 6 Home Games

Vince's Era
2018: 50,251 (91%) 7 Home Games
2019: 49,913 (82%) 6 Home Games

Man, so Tom's last year with Bobby, when we had the Heisman trophy winner, we had a 15% drop that year in attendance, with a 55,000 seat stadium. 2018 was a big rebound after all the scandals and the loss of Lamar, good job Vince! And after a 2-10 season, he held steady and kept about the same number of fans.

It seems like the Vince era recovered after Tom's collapse in 2017, just using your logic. Hopefully next year we can move up, because of Tom and Bobby's downward trend at the end Vince had a lot to figure out! But I just think attendance is going down and dependent on your team and who you play.

I'd also point out that odd numbered years seemed to always be lower, so 2019 being a bit lower is on par with 2015 & 2017.
Yeah but "Vince" can't simply keep things the same. He has a $14 million bogey in football that he has to cover.

And he's done nothing to accomplish that. Unlike Auburn, "Vince" didn't raise that money from boosters. He paid it himself to land a coach that was his Plan B. Revenues aren't up to cover that; in fact, they're down while his expenses are up.

Obviously his master plan didn't include a Covid-19 contingency. That typically happens to inept managers/management.

As with most U of L sports programs, "Vince" was handed the keys to a nice car, and he's driving it like a teenager. It will be a junker eventually...

You don't understand because you're not following the debate(s). ONCE YOU PAY OFF PETRINO, the issue becomes who did you hire. Are you debating that Brohm wasn't "Vince's" #1 candidate? Are you saying "Vince" had his ducks in a row when he set out to hire Brohm?

I sure as hell objected to the notion of spending $15 million to hire a coach from Appy State or any other school outside the Top Ten. We didn't have that kinda money, and the last few years have demonstrated that.

Brohm is not the golden-haired boy at Purdue that he was here. Fans who wanna trash him now have forgotten their narratives from a couple years ago. I haven't...
You didn’t answer any of my questions.

Yeah but "Vince" can't simply keep things the same. He has a $14 million bogey in football that he has to cover.

And he's done nothing to accomplish that. Unlike Auburn, "Vince" didn't raise that money from boosters. He paid it himself to land a coach that was his Plan B. Revenues aren't up to cover that; in fact, they're down while his expenses are up.

Obviously his master plan didn't include a Covid-19 contingency. That typically happens to inept managers/management.

As with most U of L sports programs, "Vince" was handed the keys to a nice car, and he's driving it like a teenager. It will be a junker eventually...
Who had a COVID-19 contingency? I guess Jurich did, but it became a Bobby disaster contingency. The one thing you can’t escape is the it wasn’t Vince NQ who re-hired Bobby. Re-hiring a guy who had lied to you, lied to the Arkansas AD, quit the Falcons in mid-season leaving a note, is pretty inept.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
  1. Auburn's paying zero to get rid of Malzahn.
  2. Wake is trying to pay less than Manning's full buyout. That's their DECISION.
Your evidence again ends up supporting my position.
Let me guess, UA athletics told you personally... :D

No interweb news about UA booster paying contract buyout since malzhan’s firing a week ago.

And Weak “trying to pay less” is effective in the same way that jumping gets you closer to the sun.

You didn’t answer any of my questions.
I answered all of them. You just don't understand or are unwilling to accept my answers.
Who had a COVID-19 contingency? I guess Jurich did, but it became a Bobby disaster contingency. The one thing you can’t escape is the it wasn’t Vince NQ who re-hired Bobby. Re-hiring a guy who had lied to you, lied to the Arkansas AD, quit the Falcons in mid-season leaving a note, is pretty inept.
Jurich and all longstanding ADs have their share of OMG moments.

He had to recover from three disastrous head coaching situations in his revenue sports. He successfully navigated through three conference changes, ultimately from Conference USA to the ACC. He inherited an athletics department that was a mess and its flagship basketball program losing more than it was winning.

None of the off-the-field issues that plagued Petrino prior to 2014 were issues for him since. Petrino 2.0 was a boy scout. If that was your issue with him, your fears were over nothing.

"Vince" can't use any Covid excuses, although he and others defending him will try. His mismanagement of U of L athletics started well before Covid. And that mismanagement set him up for a major exogenous event that he was in no way prepared for...

Let me guess, UA athletics told you personally... :D

No interweb news about UA booster paying contract buyout since malzhan’s firing a week ago.

And Weak “trying to pay less” is effective in the same way that jumping gets you closer to the sun.
I don't know what you consider "news", but every Auburn report I read says boosters are or will be involved. Just because "Vince" doesn't have that here doesn't mean a good AD elsewhere doesn't either. Keep hoping.

Wake decided to fight a big buyout, and "Vince" did not. Those are facts, and I've never claimed anything more. I'm not sure what you're debating anymore. Apparently, he thought he had more money than Wake, but that was about fifty million dollars ago. Now, Wake can probably buy and sell us...

Last edited:
I answered all of them. You just don't understand or are unwilling to accept my answers.

He had to recover from three disastrous head coaching situations in his revenue sports. He successfully navigated through three conference changes, ultimately from Conference USA to the ACC. He inherited an athletics department that was a mess and its flagship basketball program losing more than it was winning.

None of the off-the-field issues that plagued Petrino prior to 2014 were issues for him since. Petrino 2.0 was a boy scout.
Two of situations - pitino and petrino - were completely of TJ’s creation. And if you think that petrino “2.0” was a “boy scout “ your every bit as dumb as we all suspect you are.

I don't know what you consider "news", but every Auburn report I read says boosters are or will be involved. Just because "Vince" doesn't have that here doesn't mean a good AD elsewhere doesn't either. Keep hoping.

Wake decided to fight a big buyout, and "Vince" did not. Those are facts, and I've never claimed anything more. I'm not sure what you're debating anymore. Apparently, he thought he had more money than Wake, but that was about fifty million dollars ago. Now, Wake can probably buy and sell us...
I consider news to be reported events. You know - the standard that you purported to believe in your earlier posts. I guess you’re the one that needs to “keep on hoping”.

You’ve claimed plenty more than Weak was “fight(ing)”. You have said multiple times that they were paying Manning less than his buyout. That, like most of your posts were abject lies.

Two of situations - pitino and petrino - were completely of TJ’s creation. And if you think that petrino “2.0” was a “boy scout “ your every bit as dumb as we all suspect you are.
Even if "Vince" was unfairly saddled with problems, what's he done to restore things? Nada. All he does is suck up to the fanboy element and throw money down a hole. Even you could do that much.

I hope your evidence on Petrino 2.0 is better than the latest Auburn buyout.
I consider news to be reported events. You know - the standard that you purported to believe in your earlier posts. I guess you’re the one that needs to “keep on hoping”.

You’ve claimed plenty more than Weak was “fight(ing)”. You have said multiple times that they were paying Manning less than his buyout. That, like most of your posts were abject lies.
You're not quoting reported news either. Post your reference saying that Auburn is paying Malzahn's buyout with university funds. You simply assumed that, incorrectly as usual.

And you're not quoting me accurately. Surprise, surprise. I said "Vince" didn't have to open the doors to the bank. Translated: he could have fought Petrino's buyout. He didn't and Wake did. Mic drop...

Last edited:
Moving on. This is exactly what all of us need to do. UofL needs our support and it’s my intention to do that. Hating Vince Tyra will accomplish absolutely nothing. Hopefully this thread dies a wonderul death.

GO CARDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT