ADVERTISEMENT

Malzahn Fired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPGhost

6000+
Jun 23, 2015
“Malzahn simply didn’t win at the rate fans and supporters grew to expect. Malzahn, 55, just finished the third year of a seven-year, $49 million deal signed after the 2017 season. It carries a buyout of more than $21 million, half of which is due within 30 days. Malzahn will be paid the remainder of his contract.”

Guess they forgot to consult zipp on how easy it is to get out of contracts...

SS is being mentioned as a candidate, btw. The coaching business is funny, unlike any other.

SS is being mentioned as a candidate, btw. The coaching business is funny, unlike any other.
LOL A Natl reporter added his name and the tweets from the AUB fanbase on his name were laughed at. He sure the hell aint going to be getting no inteview for that spot . Aub fanbase would kill their AD. You dont fie a coach for 21 plus mil too hire Sattefield.

You don’t pay $21 million to can a “good” coach if you don’t have your man in place.

They’re getting Hugh Freeze. You don’t make that move if you don’t have the right person ready to go. Or someone like Bill O’Brien.

Like Texas. Tom Herman isn’t bad, but if Urban Meyer had wanted he job, Tom Herman goes bye bye.

“Malzahn simply didn’t win at the rate fans and supporters grew to expect. Malzahn, 55, just finished the third year of a seven-year, $49 million deal signed after the 2017 season. It carries a buyout of more than $21 million, half of which is due within 30 days. Malzahn will be paid the remainder of his contract.”

Typical Auburn. Auburn coaches typically have a three game grace period and an AD with an itchy trigger finger. Remember the airport meeting? IIRC the coach they were about to replace went 13-0 the following year.

If Hugh Freeze is the next coach, they will win big but be on probation within 5 years. Nothing new for Auburn FB.

In spite of all that,

War Eagle!

Auburn hiring Freeze (Friese?) Would be a natural with Pearl already there.
I'm wondering if Sarkesian leaves Bama for Auburn to be the next assistant to not defeat Saban...and 40, 50 mill guaranteed contract is a nice parachute.

Child please - no way in HELL did Auburn pay Gus $25M to watch TV so they could hire a coach who just went 4-7 in the ACC.

That's some media guy with an opinion. I, Morgantown Card, am also a candidate for the Auburn coaching position!

Reactions: im2fast4u06

Looks like a perfect candidate for the Tennessee job if Tennessee gets rid of their coach.

Hugh Freeze might be successful. I don't know. But Auburn and UT and USC and everyone else should be careful what they ask for. The Ring of FARRRR'd is a never ending cycle and very hard to get out of. That's why I say I understand the frustration with Satterfield but do we really want to look for a new coach right now after two seasons?

LOL - ESPN says that Lane Kiffen is also a candidate for Auburn. Well of course he is.
It would be an incredibly shi**y thing to do to Ole Miss. Leave after one year for a fellow SECW program? But, Kiffin is a douche, so maybe he would do that.

do we really want to look for a new coach right now after two seasons?

This is why I had my fingers crossed about Satterfield not leaving for SC. As bad as the situation seems right now, if he can hold together this recruiting class and have a decent season next year it'll probably, mostly blow over. But if he leaves, we're back to square 1 at best.

What we need right now is continuity and good recruiting to build up our depleted talent at several positions. Not a shattered recruiting class and guys headed to the portal.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
It would be an incredibly shi**y thing to do to Ole Miss. Leave after one year for a fellow SECW program? But, Kiffin is a douche, so maybe he would do that.
All aboooooooord! Lane train, Leavin’ the station!

Since the OP started ANOTHER thread about 'zipp'... :cool:
...Guess they forgot to consult zipp on how easy it is to get out of contracts...
Auburn could have consulted LSU and Wake.

LINK and LINK.
You don’t pay $21 million to can a “good” coach if you don’t have your man in place...
Are the rules different if you ONLY spend $14 million?

[It's fun to own a small piece of worthless real estate between some guy's ears...]

Last edited:

LINK and LINK.

[It's fun to own a small piece of worthless real estate between some guy's ears...]
Actually the “OP” started another thread about sports.

On a sports message board.

It just so happens - as it does with increasing regularity - that this particular story again highlights how badly another of your “hot takes” has aged. It’s laughable that you’ve linked either of those stories, as neither of them proves your point. Oh well...

Perhaps if you spoke less and listened more?

This is why I had my fingers crossed about Satterfield not leaving for SC. As bad as the situation seems right now, if he can hold together this recruiting class and have a decent season next year it'll probably, mostly blow over. But if he leaves, we're back to square 1 at best.

What we need right now is continuity and good recruiting to build up our depleted talent at several positions. Not a shattered recruiting class and guys headed to the portal.

Completely agree. All about the program and not at all about getting all precious about coaches or taking things personally. He can leave in 2-3 years after a NY6 bowl, I'm good with that.

LINK and LINK.

If you’re 2-8 and the laughing stock of the nation, pay whatever is takes.

Actually the “OP” started another thread about sports.

On a sports message board.

It just so happens - as it does with increasing regularity - that this particular story again highlights how badly another of your “hot takes” has aged. It’s laughable that you’ve linked either of those stories, as neither of them proves your point. Oh well...

Perhaps if you spoke less and listened more?
Not everyone makes the right decision for themselves. But it was a DECISION and not a requirement.

Inasmuch as you like talking about 'zipp', try staying on your own topic. For a change...

That's certainly what the current AD decided to do based upon the crappy hand the last (fired) AD dealt him. Pure genius not to embroil the university in anymore unwanted bad publicity. (I mean the previous regime did enough of that)
FIFY

Can't "fix" this--you nor him.

The current AD's lost $50-60 million in just three years. One guy to blame for that disaster...

Not everyone makes the right decision for themselves. But it was a DECISION and not a requirement.

Inasmuch as you like talking about 'zipp', try staying on your own topic. For a change...
The topic was Auburn’s decision to fire a coach and honor his legal contract. Unfortunately for you, it showcased another incorrect - many people are calling it dumb I hear - take by you.

It is no surprise that is your stance (decisions vs. requirements) when it comes to legal proceedings - I mean based on your outcomes.

Just curious - were you advising guliani these past few months?

Last edited:

The current AD's lost $50-60 million in just three years. One guy to blame for that disaster...
So less than most B1G schools did just this year. Good to know.

I can post links to my numbers (and have). You can't...
As proven in other threads - your links don’t remotely come close to proving your point. The two links you posted earlier were complete garbage.

As proven in other threads - your links don’t remotely come close to proving your point. The two links you posted earlier were complete garbage.
You prove nothing except you're incapable or unwilling to understand. Not my problem...

You prove nothing except you're incapable or unwilling to understand. Not my problem...
People here - myself included - understand your shtick all too well. You post outlandish opinion and fail to find supporting evidence to lend it credence. The articles you do link aren’t germane yet you link them despite knowing that. And when called out on your intentional intellectual dishonesty, you get huffy.

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, neither you nor your thoughts are that complicated.

One thing I don’t get. You claim Vince NQ, by honoring a contract which he is legally and morally obliged to do, spent $14 mm buying out Bobby when he could have spent less. Then you criticize him for not meeting Brohm’s money demand and spending less on Satterfield. Even in your imaginary world where contracts aren’t real, wouldn’t he have just given the money he owed Bobby to Brohm? How would we be better off?

One thing I don’t get. You claim Vince NQ, by honoring a contract which he is legally and morally obliged to do, spent $14 mm buying out Bobby when he could have spent less. Then you criticize him for not meeting Brohm’s money demand and spending less on Satterfield. Even in your imaginary world where contracts aren’t real, wouldn’t he have just given the money he owed Bobby to Brohm? How would we be better off?

And more and more folks at Purdue wanna farrrr that sonofabeyitch tew

That's certainly what your AD decided to do before the real financial bleeding started. Pure genius...
And if we went 2-10 in 2019 with Bobby, the stands would have been empty and the donors would have given even less.

Easy answer to your question--he'd have Brohm and not Satterfield.

And you're actually claiming that half pregnant is optimal. That's spend $14 million and $3 million annually to get Satterfield, but don't spend too much more to get Brohm.

That's insane. If spending millions is unwise, you should have never emptied the bank to get rid of Petrino. If it IS wise, then you land Brohm (assuming money was the issue).

Like the greenhorn AD he is, "Vince" didn't have an executable plan when he immediately DECIDED to pay Petrino 100% of his buyout. That's obvious...

And if we went 2-10 in 2019 with Bobby, the stands would have been empty and the donors would have given even less.
Are you implying that the stands have been full and that donors are standing in line to give since Satterfield was hired? I hope not...

People here - myself included - understand your shtick all too well...
Uncovered a little more about your Auburn example. This is good stuff...
  • The rumored replacement for Malzahn is the defensive coordinator. This is the same guy who was coaching the defense when Malzahn was there, i.e., no change. And they got rid of the head coach who, at a minimum, is supposedly pretty good at running the offense. So you have his OC now calling plays. For that, you're paying $21 million.
  • Auburn's not even paying the buyout. Rather, a single booster is paying the buyout.
So if an example of stupidity is your evidence, and if it doesn't really apply since the school's not paying it, keep singing Auburn's praises...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT