ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Williams

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Malik is the difference between this team being a legit top 15 team versus being a fringe top 25. What are the odds he plays this season? I certainly don’t want him endangering his pro career but dang it’d be nice to get him back.

Agreed. A healthy Malik would do wonders for the Card's front court. I have no idea if he will be back this season but I keep my expectations toward that he won't be, though if he is able that'd be great.

He could still come back next season though.

i just don't think it's worth him taking the chance coming back . It's obvious he has feet issues injury prone go make the guranteed money overseas or where ever.

It is my understanding that because of Covid he could back this year if he is healthy and return next season. That being said I would love for him to be healthy enough to come back this year and then return next year.

I agree with OP, with one addition. The other difference maker is Sam. He was a McDs All American. He has the size and skill sets to boost this team to top 15, if he could blossom with the current back court.

I agree with OP, with one addition. The other difference maker is Sam. He was a McDs All American. He has the size and skill sets to boost this team to top 15, if he could blossom with the current back court.

Agree, but just ain't seeing it consistently, yet. Feels about like another Blackshear type to me!

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
He is better than Blackshear I think it will show once we start playing more games. The long gap between games and the injury throw you out of rhythm.

He is better than Blackshear I think it will show once we start playing more games. The long gap between games and the injury throw you out of rhythm.
Trust me, I hope you are right and there are flashes where he shows it. The first 5 minutes against BC was god awful. Its why QS played 26 minutes!!!

Could probably make a case Williamson and Blackshear are similar. High profile guys that did not really hit the ground running here for a # of reasons. Wayne did go out with 28 in his final game an E8 game vs Mich St, but no doubt his career was nothing of what many expected.

In today's game the clock is really ticking on Sam already. He was on some mock draft boards before playing a game now he's more likely to end up overseas. Hopefully he can stay healthy and get better with more games. I haven't seen all the games what are some of his issues?

Could probably make a case Williamson and Blackshear are similar. High profile guys that did not really hit the ground running here for a # of reasons. Wayne did go out with 28 in his final game an E8 game vs Mich St, but no doubt his career was nothing of what many expected.

In today's game the clock is really ticking on Sam already. He was on some mock draft boards before playing a game now he's more likely to end up overseas. Hopefully he can stay healthy and get better with more games. I haven't seen all the games what are some of his issues?

From what I've seen, Sam could use some work on his handles. He seems to lose the ball or get stripped if he has to take more than a few dribbles. Also needs to work on not fouling so often. Can't contribute from the bench. He tends to duck that shoulder in an obvious way when driving and gets called for offensive fouls.

Trust me, I hope you are right and there are flashes where he shows it. The first 5 minutes against BC was god awful. Its why QS played 26 minutes!!!
Didnt QS playing 26 mins have something to do with foul trouble for Williamson and Withers? Williamson shot 50% and scored 12 pts. He didn't play terribly.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Didnt QS playing 26 mins have something to do with foul trouble for Williamson and Withers? Williamson shot 50% and scored 12 pts. He didn't play terribly.
QS went in for SW at the 15 mark and SW didnt return until the 5 minute mark, so you can read between those lines. Yes, some of QS minutes were due to "some" foul trouble, but Traynor was spelling JW. And absolutely agree SW played pretty well in the 2nd half and ended up with a decent statline.

QS went in for SW at the 15 mark and SW didnt return until the 5 minute mark, so you can read between those lines. Yes, some of QS minutes were due to "some" foul trouble, but Traynor was spelling JW. And absolutely agree SW played pretty well in the 2nd half and ended up with a decent statline.
Slazinski played 26 min and Williamson played 20 so some of Slazinski’s mins had to come from somewhere other than Williamson. Williamson fought foul trouble the whole game. Withers only played 22 mins and Traynor didnt get the other 18.

Slazinski played 26 min and Williamson played 20 so some of Slazinski’s mins had to come from somewhere other than Williamson. Williamson fought foul trouble the whole game. Withers only played 22 mins and Traynor didnt get the other 18.
Mack has a short leash on SW. Pulled him after he let that dude move him right out of the way and put it back for and one. Played for 14 minutes. When Minlend comes back, he better get his stuff straight or the leash will be even shorter!

Mack has a short leash on SW. Pulled him after he let that dude move him right out of the way and put it back for and one. Played for 14 minutes. When Minlend comes back, he better get his stuff straight or the leash will be even shorter!

I was wondering who fans would give the Sosa/Blackshear most hated player award to.

Reactions: teamcanada
I loved Wayne as a player. He would show up to pressers wearing his SCHOLAR ATHLETE shirt and was always likeable. I got to see his debut in Morgantown when Rick snuck him into the starting lineup with no warning - great memory!

Reactions: RomanOben
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT