ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Williams Is Coming Back

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
That’s good news. See? It’s not entirely a sh** show every year here. So what if things have been nuts since 2015?!

This is a very mature decision by Williams. With everything going it would of been easy for him to leave. He knows the system and he has shown he can excel in the system. As long as he stays healthy he will benefit personally. Leaving and fitting into a new system is a crap shoot.

Don’t be surprised is Jones comes back also that might be why 2 recruits decommitted.

Please Please PLEASEEEE give Malik 1 healthy season. An All-American season.

He's the LAST recruit of the Rick era. He committed with the first scandal over our heads. He stayed even after Rick was fired and the new scandal popped up. He stayed through Padgett and Mack. He's now stayed even after 2 injury plagued seasons. He deserves this one last year to be special!

I would settle for a year where he contributes and plays most the games even if he's in a time share situation. You gotta wonder how he'd hold up playing heavy minutes. I speculate a time share being a plan, maybe grooming the incoming FR and Gabe. Also makes it much easier to get Withers back to the 4 spot. Malik brings a lot more than stats to the table. He also appears to be a great kid so really rooting for a good year for him.

Definitely need a healthy Malik to make any noise next season. He does bring so much more than just stats. Vocal leadership is at the top of the list.

We still don't know how Wheelers health will be either or if he'll be good to go next season. Hopefully CCM gets a transfer just in case or that Gabe will improve by a lot.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Excerpts from Maliks press conference today:

But Williams said he made the actual decision a week or two before making the announcement.

"I talked with my old AAU coach, my mom, my brothers, just a lot of people involved," Williams said. "What ultimately came into it was that I was just feeling not ready. You know, when I came into this my goal was to make it to the next level and not just make it, but stick at the next level and be able to stay there.

"I'll be fine by the summer," Williams said. "I should be good to go."

Williams said with Louisville not making the tournament and him only playing in three games "pushed him over the edge" to return.

"I’ve played in one tournament games in four years," he said. "It just doesn’t sit right."

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Gabe is going to be a factor next year, one way or the other. He has the size and the potential to be a serious contributor if he can use this Summer and Fall to improve his skill set. Practicing his offensive post moves against a healthy Williams could be the best possible preparation anyone could ever ask for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT