ADVERTISEMENT

Malachi Mahan

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
Louisville field hockey announced a personnel change recently. Malachi Mahan joins the Cards as an assistant coach on Justine Sowry's staff.

"I am super excited to be joining the University of Louisville Field Hockey staff," said Mahan. "I am looking forward to both learning from Coach Sowry and helping bring my own experiences to the team. The opportunity to coach a top ACC program is a highlight of my career so far."

Prior to coming to Louisville, Mahan spent the last eight seasons as an assistant coach with the University of California. The Golden Bears have gradually gotten better the last few seasons including a 10-7 season that featured a semifinal appearance in the America East Tournament.

Mahan was an assistant coach with the U.S. Men's Under-16 Team before joining the coaching staff at Cal.

Mahan was a player on the U.S. Men's National Team for 10 years, specializing in defense.

Louisville is fresh of a 16-4 season including an ACC regular season title and an appearance in the NCAA Tournament.

C.C

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT