ADVERTISEMENT

Mack cant coach crap crowd

Ken Pomeroy’s college hoops analytics

0.99 years.

That is the average playing experience on Louisville’s roster, a figure that ranks 337th(!) out of 347 active Division I teams. Only Auburn, Duke and Kentucky possess more inexperienced rosters among power conference teams. Anybody want to guess the combined records of those three teams? They’re 21-22.
More stats that I’m sure Zipp would love. I’m sure that number reflects the whole roster. We have a GT who plays almost 38 mins a game and a soph who plays almost as many. Minlend is a GT as well and should have been playing more minutes by now. Quit looking for excuses.

More stats that I’m sure Zipp would love. I’m sure that number reflects the whole roster. We have a GT who plays almost 38 mins a game and a soph who plays almost as many. Minlend is a GT as well and should have been playing more minutes by now. Quit looking for excuses.
LOL why don't you ever back up anything with facts instead of conjecture from your own opinion ? I can care less if you think it's an excuse it is what it is. Well it must be because these stats are put out by people that seem too believe they are of merit. And if you go and look you will get your answer as to how they come up with those numbers.

Michigan State just lost to Rutgers 37-67 after a long Covid layoff. Yes they only scored 37 points. Its a very weird season for obvious reasons and you're going to get some strange results sometimes because of it.
37 points Izzo cant coach wheres the adjustments etc?

LOL why don't you ever back up anything with facts instead of conjecture from your own opinion ? I can care less if you think it's an excuse it is what it is. Well it must be because these stats are put out by people that seem too believe they are of merit. And if you go and look you will get your answer as to how they come up with those numbers.
I rely on something more important to me. It’s called the eye test. I’ve been watching basketball for over 50 years, high school, college and professional. I coached youth basketball for over 12 years. Stats don’t always tell the story.
For instance you could be implying that since we are 10-4, then Coach Mack is over achieving and winning games we shouldn’t be. I don’t see that as the case, do you honestly?

I rely on something more important to me. It’s called the eye test. I’ve been watching basketball for over 50 years, high school, college and professional. I coached youth basketball for over 12 years. Stats don’t always tell the story.
For instance you could be implying that since we are 10-4, then Coach Mack is over achieving and winning games we shouldn’t be. I don’t see that as the case, do you honestly?
They are over achieving somewhat from an individual aspect because he is forced too play players that really should not be getting the mins they are or were expected. JJ nobody expected him to have to man the middle due to no Malik. Davis and Slaz getting more run than expected because Sam having consistency issues along with Mineland and Josh not being available at beginning of season. They only lost one game they were favored in Miami . The other 3 losses they were the underdog . And have won i think 1 or 2 they were the dog if i'm not mistaken .

And you claim to be a coach with 50 years of experience . i sure can't tell from the way you evaluate what has been happening. Because your coaching critique sure isn't what i read or hear from other coaches regarding their takes on Mack and this team. But hell i don't know you so for all i know you can be a John Wooden disciple . SInce you are a coach of over 50 years please give me a break down of Macks system and what he should do with this team . All jokes aside i 'm curious too know!

They are over achieving somewhat from an individual aspect because he is forced too play players that really should not be getting the mins they are or were expected. JJ nobody expected him to have to man the middle due to no Malik. Davis and Slaz getting more run than expected because Sam having consistency issues along with Mineland and Josh not being available at beginning of season. They only lost one game they were favored in Miami . The other 3 losses they were the underdog . And have won i think 1 or 2 they were the dog if i'm not mistaken .

And you claim to be a coach with 50 years of experience . i sure can't tell from the way you evaluate what has been happening. Because your coaching critique sure isn't what i read or hear from other coaches regarding their takes on Mack and this team. But hell i don't know you so for all i know you can be a John Wooden disciple . SInce you are a coach of over 50 years please give me a break down of Macks system and what he should do with this team . All jokes aside i 'm curious too know!
Hell, from reading your posts, you predict we’ll lose every game so I think I don’t need to explain nothing to you. You got it all figured out and I enjoy reading your absurdity.

P.S. - that first paragraph you just posted is basketball. Happens to every freaking coach in the country. It’s how you deal with adversity. That’s what makes college basketball exciting.

Reactions: NISMOZCARD
Hell, from reading your posts, you predict we’ll lose every game so I think I don’t need to explain nothing to you. You got it all figured out and I enjoy reading your absurdity.

P.S. - that first paragraph you just posted is basketball. Happens to every freaking coach in the country. It’s how you deal with adversity. That’s what makes college basketball exciting.
Give me a run down on my predicted losses and the result .And you still didn't give me what Mack should do with this team coach.

And this roster could've been so much better IMO. And usually when you're close, it means you have the makings of something. But the real judge will be when we have the right roster, how far can Mack take them?

Perry should've and could've stayed, Malik being healthy, Scrubb does not go pro.

Then you can play a small lineup
Williams
Scrubb
Williamson
Johnson
Clark

Perry, Slaz, Withers, Traynor, and Dre off the bench.

Now that would've been a great team. More experience and scoring.

And this roster could've been so much better IMO. And usually when you're close, it means you have the makings of something. But the real judge will be when we have the right roster, how far can Mack take them?

Perry should've and could've stayed, Malik being healthy, Scrubb does not go pro.

Then you can play a small lineup
Williams
Scrubb
Williamson
Johnson
Clark

Perry, Slaz, Withers, Traynor, and Dre off the bench.

Now that would've been a great team. More experience and scoring.
Perry where did he go havent' heard anything about him this year.

Perry where did he go havent' heard anything about him this year.
He might be hurt?

Stats say he's averaging 12.3 points, 2.7 assists, 3.0 rebounds, 36.5% from the field and 32.0% from 3 in about 28 minutes per. So he's doing pretty good, nothing special, but good. I would've loved to have had him off the bench as a senior leader in the 3rd year of Mack's system. He played tough defense and could score at times.

He might be hurt?

Stats say he's averaging 12.3 points, 2.7 assists, 3.0 rebounds, 36.5% from the field and 32.0% from 3 in about 28 minutes per. So he's doing pretty good, nothing special, but good. I would've loved to have had him off the bench as a senior leader in the 3rd year of Mack's system. He played tough defense and could score at times.
He just wouldnt buy into the new regime from what you posted seems it was a good move for him. Addition by subtraction Carlik wouldn't have been here had he stayed so i'm happy with the return on this deal .

Reactions: BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT