ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Hancock

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
That's the idea behind Hancock's basketball clinic hosted by Families for Effective Autism Treatment (FEAT) of Louisville, which saw about 40 children on the autistic spectrum participate Saturday morning.

"A lot of these kids don't get to go to basketball camps the way I did, so when we came up with the idea I was kind of shocked it hasn't been done a lot before," Hancock told the Courier-Journal. "Hopefully we keep building."

Hancock, who won the 2013 NCAA Championship with U of L and was the first reserve to be named the Final Four Most Outstanding Player, first took notice of FEAT when he and his friend Jason Brown attended the organization's gala in 2014. FEAT Executive Director Deborah Morton reached out to him shortly thereafter, and they collaborated to hold their first basketball clinic last year.

"I was a little nervous because most of my coaching and basketball experience is with guys that are trying to make the next level or who were high-level players, so I had no idea what to expect," Hancock said. "But I've been blown away with how much they respond and when they're challenged, how much they're able to develop and keep improving. ... It can put a smile on my face every time."

Great to hear Luke spending his time with a worthy cause and helping kids with autism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT