ADVERTISEMENT

Love Q...

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
but damn, he struggled this season. As others on this board have stated I also think the loss of Pitino hurt him more than any other player on this team. Saw some stats where he shot about 16% on 2 point shots the last 6-8 games.

but damn, he struggled this season. As others on this board have stated I also think the loss of Pitino hurt him more than any other player on this team. Saw some stats where he shot about 16% on 2 point shots the last 6-8 games.

He showed up fat and out of shape which was a big surprise to me. Looked better by the end of the season but for a senior leader to not show up in good shape was a big disappointment. He lacks foot speed so being in top condition is essential. Seems the only time he helped the team is when he was having a great shooting night from 3 point land. He is a liability against teams with big quick guards.

He showed up fat and out of shape which was a big surprise to me. Looked better by the end of the season but for a senior leader to not show up in good shape was a big disappointment. He lacks foot speed so being in top condition is essential. Seems the only time he helped the team is when he was having a great shooting night from 3 point land. He is a liability against teams with big quick guards.
Fact is, he didn’t show up fat and lazy. In fact, there were stories about the trainer he had over the summer to help with foot speed. But then all hell broke loose and Pitino was fired...

Pitino was only gone for 2 days when he showed up for the first practice.
I don't recall giving him much of a look in October. Just when people started complaining about his conditioning...

It was just kind of a team effort coming up short. There wasn't a lot of consistency this year. Q may have looked a little better if King had a good year and Adel grew into the Alpha role better. But neither really happened.

It was just a blah year.

Alwasy remember Q stepping in for Smith when we lost him....he did a great job as a freshman...and was big for UL that year. Only didn't see the potential ever happen for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT