ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Kentucky

rockycard

Four-Star Poster
Jan 8, 2007
As bad as both defenses are, the total score of the football game may be greater than the basketball score.

I don't see a shoot-out, believe it or not.

I think both teams are going to sleepwalk through the game and there will be so much poor play everywhere neither team will get a lot going.

Reactions: rockycard
As bad as they are (and they are very bad) they are about 10 points better than us.
Got to agree. I've seen UofK play a couple of times this year and just watched them somehow beat a really bad Tennessee team by 3 points. The funny thing is the announcer called it a signature win for UofK.

82 yards passing and 4 turnovers and still beat Tennessee. LOL. Signature win.

Rivalry game. Even though it's ludicrous it's looked at that way. Different conferences, actually a game forced by legislature. By and large both fan bases detest each other (often again for no personal reason than red vs blue).
Cats can't stop Jackson. Heck, Cats can't stop anybody. Cards can't stop anybody. Both quarterbacks are special kids...Jackson will be a Sunday player, Johnson will end football in a small bowl game and go on to his life's work.
I expect a cardiac game. Who wins? Beats the heck outta me

Smh....if it's the Bennie that ran against UT, yup.
If it's the Bennie that ran against Missippi State, nope.

My guess is Louisville will be coming into the game at 6-5 and UK will be coming in at 8-3. I haven't seen a real motivated Louisville team yet so I doubt that will change. UK will be playing for a good bowl and 9 win season. They maybe the worst 9 win team in the history of 9 win teams.

Johnson is a really good leader for them and will have his way with a really bad Louisville defense. Louisville appears to have no leaders,

I don't like Louisville's chances.

Agreed
All of a sudden Mississippi State is likely the second best team in the SEC west.
That coaching crew is VERY good....they are making Fitzgerald look like Prescott.

I've watched both multiple times....its tough to truly judge UK though because they've really only played one decent team and they were throttled. I mean they're schedule is so bad that two of the teams they've played already are firing their coaches. BUT...unlike UL they've managed to find a way to win the games they should win and Louisville hasn't played an actual good 4 quarters of football since?...Boston College last year? That was 13 games ago....

I can see UK winning by 2+ scores.

Game will come down to turnovers. Both teams are prone to give the ball up. I ordered tickets from UofL but haven't gotten them yet. If the Cards lose to UVA and Syracuse I may just eat the cost and stay home.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
It's set up to be a monster of a score.
UK can't defend against a dual threat qb....or pass. UofL has trouble stopping the run....which is the only thing UK has been able to do of late.

I definitely can see it being high scoring, but you guys are underselling yourselves against us quite a bit. Lamar Jackson is the best player in the game and can beat us all by himself. The series is 5-5 in the last 10 games and only the 2008 & 2012 games were generally blowouts, the rest have been competitive (though you all had the games in hand by the end in 2013 & 2015)

I think we have some decent players like Josh Allen, Denzil Ware, and Jordan Jones who can get some decent pressure on Lamar. Our weaknesses appear to be stopping a physical running game and we play way too soft coverage on receivers. I think the ability of your receivers to grow into bigger roles and finding a consistent back rotation is your key to getting to us.

Johnson has the ability to launch the deep ball, but our young receivers just have not been able to get open. Lynn Bowden, Juice Johnson, and Conrad need to have big games against your secondary..that matchup could come down to having a healthy Alexander for you guys. Benny Snell is Benny Snell, you guys should and will key in on him, so its going to be on Johnson to make plays to take pressure off Benny.

I've seen both.

UofK is giving up 24 ppg and 400 yards per game.
UofL is giving up 30 ppg and 410 yards per game.

UofK sucks just a little less and they'll be at home.

Home field hasn't been much of an "advantage" for either team. Louisville is 9-4 when the game is played at CWS. Conversely, Louisville is 4-4 when the game is played at PJCS.

Home field hasn't been much of an "advantage" for either team. Louisville is 9-4 when the game is played at CWS. Conversely, Louisville is 4-4 when the game is played at PJCS.
No but I do suspect the kitties to be raucously loud and we can’t afford miscommunication between LJ and the Oline.

We should be worried about making a bowl game and a winning season! We have three games left, Virginia, Syracuse and Kentucky. All I am worried about right now is Virginia. We are 5-4. Winning the Virginia game will make us 6-4 and Bowl eligible. We have to think one game at a time birdsong.

We should be worried about making a bowl game and a winning season! We have three games left, Virginia, Syracuse and Kentucky. All I am worried about right now is Virginia. We are 5-4. Winning the Virginia game will make us 6-4 and Bowl eligible. We have to think one game at a time birdsong.
No doubt, and the way our defense has been performing, none of the 3 are anything other than tossup games. We could win all 3 or lose all 3. It just depends on if Superman can keep throwing up video like stats AND if the defense can get at least 2 or 3 stops a game.

Reactions: wilkie01
I think you're catching a Virginia team that's getting ground down at the last quarter of the season. Syracuse and Kentucky I honestly don't know what you will be facing. I do know that the Cats will be coming off two VERY physical games. Vanderbilt may be under talented, but Mason has those kids laying some heavy hits, and Georgia.....what can anyone say? Possibly THE best team in the nation.

Our defense could not stop Kentucky last year and we are much worse this year.

Our defense could not stop Kentucky last year and we are much worse this year.
Kentucky’s offense isn’t as good as last year either. I do think Kentucky will definitely score a lot, but so will we.

63-42 UK then the good news in post game interviews, Sirmon is fired.

This is horse dodo. No matter how bad the 'D' is....uk will not score 63 on the Cards. Will not happen.

56 is possible though....but Cards will have 59 or more. Time will tell.;)

Last edited:
As bad as both defenses are, the total score of the football game may be greater than the basketball score.

Hmmmmmm, jump the gun much. We have TWO games that we need to be concerned about before the uahkay game. And UVA is first up - that’s what I’m concerned about right now.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

We fans can jump around and think about what ever game we want, but....ALL of these uk predictions depend on he next two games.

So we can’t make a knowledgeable guess until we play the next two.

Hmmmmmm, jump the gun much. We have TWO games that we need to be concerned about before the uahkay game. And UVA is first up - that’s what I’m concerned about right now.

I don’t play or coach the team, fans can look ahead anytime we want. Are you on the staff? If so then I understand your comment, if not then mind your own pal...

We fans can jump around and think about what ever game we want, but....ALL of these uk predictions depend on he next two games.

So we can’t make a knowledgeable guess until we play the next two.
A prediction doesn’t depend on anything. You just make it.

I don’t play or coach the team, fans can look ahead anytime we want. Are you on the staff? If so then I understand your comment, if not then mind your own pal...

I’ll share my opinion ANY time I decide to. OK pal. Otherwise, bite me. We’ve got an important game TODAY versus UVA and that should be our number one concern. It sure as hell is my number one concern . . . Pal.

I’ll share my opinion ANY time I decide to. OK pal. Otherwise, bite me. We’ve got an important game TODAY versus UVA and that should be our number one concern. It sure as hell is my number one concern . . . Pal.

Bite me? Going all middle school. Lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT