ADVERTISEMENT

** Louisville vs. Houston Game Thread **

Serves us right on that kickoff TD for not scoring a TD the play before. Houston is by far the more aggressive team. Kind of reminds me of the UK game last year. Looks like so far this season it's all about mistakes with this team.

Well folks, looks like this season is going down hill sooner than we thought. Petrino is going with the freshmen and all the learning pains that comes with it. There's no doubt Jackson's skill but he's being used like a veteran QB and that's leading to mistakes.

We may still win this game but this team is nowhere near as good as last year. It may all come together but until this offense starts scoring TD's the wins will be hard to come by. As good as our defense is, they can't be on the field 15 more minutes a game than the offense.

Reactions: beasleythecard
That's cute.. UK was the better team that didn't win because of a dropped interception. But you keep thinking that especially this year.. You guys better find a QB.
Dude, we have 4 QB's. You just saw what Bolin can do. It's the mistakes by a young team. We have more quality QB depth than anybody except for Ohio State.

Unfortunately this is looking like one of those games in which whoever has the ball last will win. I think our close game with Auburn got us (fans) a lot over excited for no reason.

This young season has been so weird. Rankins normally makes that tackle. It's been a handful of key plays that have killed us this season. I think we're seeing what happens when the schedule is top heavy. There's little to no room for mistakes. Look at Clemson who has faced two cupcakes. Hopefully that will makes a difference this upcoming Thursday.

That's cute.. UK was the better team that didn't win because of a dropped interception. But you keep thinking that especially this year.. You guys better find a QB.
Really? Still making excuses for last year?
Move on, and start coming up with your excuses for this year.

When you have Bolin in there the penalties don't hurt us as much because of his passing abilities. I like Bolin he has come in twice for us in bad situations and has done great.

The thing that bothers me about Our defense is that Houston only has 2 players on offense that are any good and they get the ball 90% of the time and we still struggle to stop them.

Reactions: DA23_rox
The thing that bothers me about Our defense is that Houston only has 2 players on offense that are any good and they get the ball 90% of the time and we still struggle to stop them.

Houston has 4 unsportsmanlike penalties against them that sounds like a discipline problem more than anything

Why don't you worry about what YOU GUYS need!

Well, the good news is we're undefeated in conference play. And we have a starting QB. Oh, we thought that after last week. I guess Gardner will come in next game and almost pull out a win?

Two games and two losses. All due to turnovers and mistakes. Add some questionable play calling and it adds up to 0-2. Miss two key missed tackles on the KO return and a 3rd and long sack and the defense has it's share of blame. Another costly penalty at the end wraps up the loss.

I think Petrino will now face for the first time some pressure from the fans. He has obviously been wrong on his selections for starting QB. Would we be 2-0 had Bolin started from the get go? I know there are no good excuses but youth and a tough schedule is the culprit. We have to beat Clemson Thursday or the wheels could start to come off very quickly and a 7-5 or 6-6 season is likely.

Won't need them. Because we will win. I do find it interesting that one certain "infamous" poster on this board is very quiet about his football team. Wonder why that is?
I am 100% certain that when you loose, we will not see you again. Anybody can talk this crap at the beginning of the year. Come November, you will claim ignorance.

I'm here thinking more and more that Bobby Petrino fell victim to the mobile QB rage in college football today. I thought last season his decision to use Bonnafon ahead of Bolin was due to this. Of course I wasn't sure having never seen Bolin play but once he did, it was obvious he was the better QB.

Now this season he goes with Reggie and then the freshman Lamar Jackson when he has a more than capable QB to run the kind of offense he has always had. I have been perplexed with the play calling so far this year because it's not what I remember from the usual Petrino offense. And now we're 0-2.

Remember when Teddy Bridgewater was a freshman and the media still called him a dual-threat QB when he clearly wasn't? More and more coaches are recruiting the dual threat QB and it appears Petrino is in with that group. It may end up working here but in the meantime I think it's clear that Kyle Bolin should be the QB. Had we came out throwing the ball downfield like that Houston would not have been able to use their ball control offense as much wearing out our defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT