ADVERTISEMENT

** Louisville vs. Houston Game Thread **

I'm in Nashville watching the game on TV and not only is our play bad but the tv signal is bad. Every 15 seconds there is a double click and a brief interruption in coverage.

We are getting some really bad spots by the referees, I hope that doesn't bite us in the rear end in a crucial point of the game

Reactions: DA23_rox
I wish for 2 things, 1st get in an offensive rhythm before we try going for the home run play. If we run the offense and control the clock we will not only win the game I think we will pull away.

I wish we would wrap up the runners when we tackle. I am starting to notice we are trying to hit them hard and knock them down and they are getting an extra 3 yards every time.

Reactions: beasleythecard
Where's the great play calling of Bobby Petrino? Where's the misdirection? The flares to the RB's? I'm beginning to think we need Gardner or Bolin in for pocket passing and use Jackson for the wildcard. Only 67 yards of offense so far.

So a helmet to shoulder pad hit is targeting penalty? Lol ok
I agree they are going overboard with this new rule. I think it should only be called on a play where there's no need for a tackle. But the Houston guy did make contact to the Louisville players head.

We need structure

A plan of attack and to use Brandon Ratcliff and LJ Scott together.

Run the damn ball please.....

A simple draw play since they are bringing the house on 1st down

Jackson has a case of Michael Vick syndrome where he thinks he can run away from the pressure. He needs to throw the ball away when he's running backwards. It's cost us on two drives.

Like I said earlier quit going for the home run ball on 2nd down, if we quit putting ourselves in 3rd and 18 we can march all the way down the field. We are our own worst enemy in this game.

Either one of two things is hurting, the play calling on 2nd down or the execution of the play. We have ended up in a 3rd and real long 4 times because of the 2nd down play call. We come close to converting but always end up a couple of yards short and have to punt.
Now I am old school but I think we would be better off if we we run the 3rd down play on the 2nd down making it a whole lot easier on 3rd down.

Reactions: DA23_rox
I can't understand why Radcliffe is not being used in this game. It was Smith who fumbled. Why was he in the game? It's not like Radcliffe needed a break. It looks to me that Petrino is trying to implement the offense around Jackson instead of how Houston is playing on defense. The old Bobby used the opponents schemes against them but I guess with a new OL and true freshmen at the skill positions, he can't do that yet.

The few times Jackson went vertical he was successful. Open up the middle and Radcliffe and Jackson should be able to run at will. Ditch the play action hesitation in the backfield. Hand it to Radcliffe and throw it vertically.

Vere right vere left and we are looking like a high school defense trying to stop it.

Switch to a nickle d and have a spy on the run. We stop the vere play

Or we'll fumble another QB-RB exchange and not score.
It's at the point now that I expect to see a fumble on the exchange. It's always something. We now know it wasn't Reggie's fault when it happened. This goes back to last year. And why can't we recover these fumbles? Last season we couldn't recover fumbles and the same thing is happening this season.

Lets hope the defense continues to hold them, they have been on the field a lot.

Play calling is mind boggling. Need 5 yards for a 1st down and run up the middle? This is just not the offense we're used to seeing from Petrino. Now if you knew it was four down territory then I can see running it. And this team needs to work on holding onto the damn ball!

ADVERTISEMENT