ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Clemson Gamethread.

Simple. The defense has to step up and get Clemson off the field quick to start the 3rd quarter. The Cards can NOT afford to let Clemson score or even flip the field. Got to get them out and the offense back in as soon as possible.

We are averaging like seven yards a carry. We need to be running the ball. It's pretty clear that Lamar is having an off night throwing it.

I agree we need to run the ball. Clemson is dead locked onto Lamar. There's three free rushers on almost every play. A screen call to keep them honest would be nice.

Reactions: PainClinic
Well so much for that. They're already past the 50. I'm out. Too drunk to keep up with both the web and this game.

Clemson is just a good darn team. They execute better...we can't stop them. You blink & they are in our territory quick.

Reactions: PainClinic
The D ain't exactly doing their job either. Clemson has left 10 points go by and they are not an offensive juggernaut.

The problem is we don't have a great defense this year. We may improve as the year goes on but this is about the best they can play right now. The object is to get it in the 4th qtr in a 1 score game and hope Lamar can bail us out. Clemson is the champs for a reason.

I am just wondering how the team prepared for this game?!? They don't even look like #14. It's very bad!

I'm putting most of this on the coaches. They are calling a horrible game. Not blitzing on defense or running the ball on offense.

Reactions: Deeva
Really not sure, but don't understand when you have the best player on the field you continue to try to showcase he's improved as a passer. Just let Lamar showcase his athletic ability. He's not a pocket passer. Head scratcher. Oh well

I'm just lost on what we are doing out there. It's going to be a very long season!

Next time someone tells me how great our receivers are I'm going to puke or how talented our defense is.

If that's true then some coaches need to answer some questions.

Idk if I can watch another game this season....disappointing!

Last edited:
Idk if I can watch another game this season. Who wants to watch that mess out there. We can't compete with the big teams.

They can still compete for the Orange bowl.

Yay......... consolation prize ......

SMH.

Effin Pathetic.

Reactions: Deeva
My thing is, when you're running a defensive scheme and it isn't working you gotta try something different and what we were trying tonight wasn't working.

I was stunned Lamar Jackson was in the game at the end against Clemson's 3rd string. Someone here please help me to understand. Was Petrino trying to help Lamar's confidence, or was he trying to pad his stats? I'm not being spiteful here, you just hardly ever see a coach do that.

I was stunned Lamar Jackson was in the game at the end against Clemson's 3rd string. Someone here please help me to understand. Was Petrino trying to help Lamar's confidence, or was he trying to pad his stats? I'm not being spiteful here, you just hardly ever see a coach do that.

A freakin' head scratcher for sure. I'm not sure what Petrino was thinking.

I think Petrino was just trying to compete to the wire.

I would have yanked the entire 1st string.

I do think Petrino is somewhat locked in on stat padding of Lamar.

I think Petrino was just trying to compete to the wire.

I would have yanked the entire 1st string.

I do think Petrino is somewhat locked in on stat padding of Lamar.
If he was trying to compete to the wire, why didn't he kick an onside kick when he had the chance. No way he comes back from a four score deficit half way through the 4th without an onside kick after the trash score. If you are going to be competitive, be competitive. Otherwise, you are just trying to pad stats that make it look better than the beat down that it was. I'm glad Lamar wasn't injured.

If he was trying to compete to the wire, why didn't he kick an onside kick when he had the chance. No way he comes back from a four score deficit half way through the 4th without an onside kick after the trash score. If you are going to be competitive, be competitive. Otherwise, you are just trying to pad stats that make it look better than the beat down that it was. I'm glad Lamar wasn't injured.

Padding stats for what ? Another Heisman . Lamar was never going to repeat.
If you watch football, despite the score, most teams use their first team the whole game.

Lamar played the whole game against FSU, save some kneel downs.,

I would have put in the 2nd string, however im not a 7 figure making coach.

I am glad to get out of Louisville with the 'W'. Lamar Jackson is like trying to catch a greased pig, and an incredibly quick one at that. With any other QB Clemson would have had four or five more sacks. Jackson incredible quickness and shiftiness allowed him him to not only avoid sacks, but to at least get outside of the pocked to throw it away. Good luck to Louisville the rest rest of the way. Please beat the Gamecock slayers Kentucky Wildcats this year!

Padding stats for what ? Another Heisman . Lamar was never going to repeat.
If you watch football, despite the score, most teams use their first team the whole game.

Lamar played the whole game against FSU, save some kneel downs.,

I would have put in the 2nd string, however im not a 7 figure making coach.

Clemson does NOT use their first string the whole game. We were putting in the 2's as early as the second quarter to give them playing time. Dabo is about building depth and the only way to do that is play them, mix and match with the starters. You might be able to say playing the first team the whole game if they are losing or not winning or losing by 21+.

ADVERTISEMENT