ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Volleyball In NCAA Tournament with first round bye

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
The University of Louisville volleyball team was named the No. 11 seed as the NCAA Division I Women’s Volleyball Committee announced the 48-team field that will compete in the 2020 NCAA Division I Women’s Volleyball Championship.

The Louisville Cardinals squad received a first-round bye and will open action April 15th in Omaha against the winner of the San Diego State/Texas A&M Corpus Christi first round game.

Louisville received the #11 seed overall in the 48-team bracket and was one of four ACC teams to get a bye, joining Georgia Tech, Notre Dame and Pitt. Florida State did not receive a bid.

The Cards won the ACC title with a 14-2 record overall and a 12-2 ACC mark

Washington is the #1 seed overall, Kentucky is #2 and other commonwealth of Kentucky schools participating are Morehead State and Western Kentucky.

Best of luck to our VolleyCards in Omaha, the early round matches will be shown online at ESPN3 and Louisville is scheduled for a noon, April 15th opening volley.

--sonja--

A big gap between the regular season and the tournament. Our volleyball team has surprised me so I won’t be surprised if we do really well. I wonder if the selection process for volleyball is just as political as it is for basketball?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT