ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Opens as a 9.5 Point Favorite Over Kentucky...

Just a wee bit surprising IMO. It's a rivalry game. Anything can and usually does happen. I wouldn't bet on this game regardless of the line. Still, a 9 1/2 point favorite is surprising.

Reactions: wilkie01
A bit skeptical about that line. When Johnson and Snell get it going pUKe offensively can present challenges. I am not yet sold based on one solid defensive game on Sirmon or unfortunately this defensive unit. PukE loves the short dink passes across the middle, where we have been burnt all year.
Last year we made Johnson look like Peyton Manning.

Reactions: American Male
That is a pretty big line considering they really try to control the clock with their running game. They are just built for tight games. They don't turn it over and Johnson, while limited, is a hell of of leader. While the Louisville defense has been much better it still isn't good.

UK is 7-4, but statistically they look like a 4-7 team. They are ranked 105th on offense and 80th on defense. Offensively they are better than their stats indicate. They just grind it out and don't take many deep shots. They have moved the ball pretty good against teams with bad or average defenses. They are going to move the ball against Louisville. Defensively, they aren't as good as their stats. The two good offenses they played they were torched. The average offenses like Georgia/Miss State moved the ball pretty easily. Then bad offenses still managed to exceed their season averages.

Just like last year, Louisville will win if they take care of the ball if not UK will find a way.

Cards have been big favorites last 2 weeks and easily covered.

They'll smash the kitties.
Rivalries are different, we were 22 pt favorites last year and lost outright.

Our defense is totally different now that Alexander and Thomas have returned, and I do like our chances.

Lamar threw three interceptions and lost 1 fumble. Johnson had a career game. I don't think that scenario will be repeated. Cards 35 - 20.

Rivalries are different, we were 22 pt favorites last year and lost outright.

Our defense is totally different now that Alexander and Thomas have returned, and I do like our chances.

Cards have won 5 out of the last 6 including the last 3 in lexghanistan.

I'm well aware of last years game the Cards should have won. The turnovers, leaving 17 points on the field, and 3rd and Granthams repeated failure to stop SuCkS.

Cards win.

Don' know why alot of you Cards fans fear the cayuts.

I agree with the spread. We just cannot stop Jackson, and if you all win you will win big. If its close, that means we have played well and I like our chances down the stretch in that case.

Our strength is our offensive line. Early on, bad snaps and missed blocks killed our running game...but once the line rotation got settled Benny and the offense have gotten better. Johnson is a good QB, not special, but good enough to win games..great leadership/toughness qualities. Our wideouts are just too inexperienced and we don't have that deep downfield threat like we did last season with Badet and Baker. Conrad and Juice Johnson are the only reliable targets we have. One good thing is that Johnson is efficient and our backs have not fumbled too much, we don't turn it over that often.

The defense is awful. They cannot get off the field and stop power running games. The secondary leaves players wide open. Our linebackers are the strength of the D with Jones, Allen, and Ware...we can hope they can slow down Lamar, but Im not counting on it.

I am not confident playing the best player in the game today, but its not impossible. If we can run on you guys and control clock, we can keep Lamar off the field and limit the damage. I see you guys as a game we CAN win if we play the right game, but there's no room for error at all.

I think you all can afford to have a bad game and it still be a close game...beacuse Lamar is just that amazing. I can say as a rival fan (I know you don't care what a blueneck has to say) that its been a pleasure watcing (cheering against haha) Lamar Jackson. Not only an all-time great, but has handled himself with class from day 1 and represented your University to the world in the best way. You guys are luck to have gotten to watch 2 high character and top level talent guys like Lamar and Teddy in just a 6-7 year run.

I'm excited for the contest. Hopefully the game can be a good one and pray that no serious injuries occur to either side. Hope my Cats win, but I can't say it has not been a joy as a college football fan to watch Lamar...especially after the Manziel/Winston/Mayfield type trash we've seen.

Cards have won 5 out of the last 6 including the last 3 in lexghanistan.

I'm well aware of last years game the Cards should have won. The turnovers, leaving 17 points on the field, and 3rd and Granthams repeated failure to stop SuCkS.

Cards win.

Don' know why alot of you Cards fans fear the cayuts.

We win easily, if the defense of the last two games shows up.

Louisville has finally gotten healthy, leading to an improved running game and a much improved defense. Kentucky got pretty dinged up at Georgia. Conrad is out, and I expect several more players out as the week goes on. Louisville should get some pay back this year. 45-20

Rivalry game. Anything happens and nothing shocks me. Wildcats by four and it's whoever gets the ball last.
Cats lost a fine player last week with a broken foot. Conrad is a great kid.
Hope for no major injuries to either team.
Enjoy your bowl bid...not sure where but the kids earned it.
Been real chatting with you folks. Football pretty much wraps it up for me.
Happy holidays boys and girls.

This team has turned the corner. I don't know what happened over the bye week, but something clearly happened. The enthusiasm and effort on defense isn't recognizable compared to the first half of the season. I mean, yeah I know it was just Syracuse and Virginia, but those are Power 5 programs that we basically shut out and ran the score up on. Compare that to losing to WF and BC a month or so ago. Huge difference. Over 400 yards rushing against Cuse, holy crap man.

Also, the Return of Jaire cannot be underestimated in terms of performance. I mean yeah they can go back to the old way and lose to the cayuts but the trend is definitely in our favor. The Cards are an average team that beats up on bad teams and struggles with good ones. Eleven data points show that the Cats are a bad team that struggles to win against against other bad teams and loses to ok ones. So I'm going with that trend and predict that Lamar puts up 550+ yards this Saturday and gets back in the Heisman discussion on all the sports talk shows.

Last edited:
This team has turned the corner. I don't know what happened over the bye week, but something clearly happened. The enthusiasm and effort on defense isn't recognizable compared to the first half of the season. I mean, yeah I know it was just Syracuse and Virginia, but those are Power 5 programs that we basically shut out and ran the score up on. Compare that to losing to WF and BC a month or so ago. Huge difference. Over 400 yards rushing against Cuse, holy crap man.

Also, the Return of Jaire cannot be underestimated in terms of performance. I mean yeah they can go back to the old way and lose to the cayuts but the trend is definitely in our favor. The Cards are an average team that beats up on bad teams and struggles with good ones. Eleven data points show that the Cats are a bad team that struggles to win against against other bad teams and loses to ok ones. So I'm going with that trend and predict that Lamar puts up 550+ yards this Saturday and gets back in the Heisman discussion on all the sports talk shows.
He should already be in the Heisman talk. He deserves to be. No, he hasn't had 50+ TD's this year. He's only had 40+ but it's still more TD's combined than Mayfield and he doesn't act like a total jerk when he's on or off the field.

Here's the ONLY stat that needs to be looked at. Lamar Jackson is the very first player in the history of college football to throw for over 3000 yards and run for over 1000 in back to back years. NOBODY has ever done that before. Ever. How do you not award the best college football player in modern time the Heisman again knowing that ONE accomplishment. It is unprecedented.

He should already be in the Heisman talk. He deserves to be. No, he hasn't had 50+ TD's this year. He's only had 40+ but it's still more TD's combined than Mayfield and he doesn't act like a total jerk when he's on or off the field.

Here's the ONLY stat that needs to be looked at. Lamar Jackson is the very first player in the history of college football to throw for over 3000 yards and run for over 1000 in back to back years. NOBODY has ever done that before. Ever. How do you not award the best college football player in modern time the Heisman again knowing that ONE accomplishment. It is unprecedented.

You know that, and I know that, but the media (except when covering our games) has forgotten. Last year, Lamar had these huge moments against opponents like Clemson (man they should have won that one) and FSU. That hasn't happened this year. I really thought it was a given that Lamar would at least be invited to the Heisman ceremony, but after now we know he's not even a finalist for either the Maxwell or the O'Brien (how is Lamar not one of the top 3 QB's?!?!?!?) awards. I think he needs a highlight day on Saturday to stay in the conversation but the good news is I think Lamar delivers it.

Here's the ONLY stat that needs to be looked at. Lamar Jackson is the very first player in the history of college football to throw for over 3000 yards and run for over 1000 in back to back years. NOBODY has ever done that before.

And here's the thing - he has accomplished this already and he still has 2 games to go. Lamar has had 500+ yard games before and so yes it's a reach but totally reasonable that he could add another 1,000 yards in these last 2 games.

You know that, and I know that, but the media (except when covering our games) has forgotten. Last year, Lamar had these huge moments against opponents like Clemson (man they should have won that one) and FSU. That hasn't happened this year. I really thought it was a given that Lamar would at least be invited to the Heisman ceremony, but after now we know he's not even a finalist for either the Maxwell or the O'Brien (how is Lamar not one of the top 3 QB's?!?!?!?) awards. I think he needs a highlight day on Saturday to stay in the conversation but the good news is I think Lamar delivers it.
He has accounted for 77 percent of the Cardinals' total yards this year. That is 6 percentage points more than any other Power 5 player, and well ahead of Mayfield (63 percent). Over 3000 yards passing. Over 1000 yards rushing. 77% of the team's offense. That is insane.

Through 10 games, he has more total yards, more passing yards, a higher completion percentage and just 32 fewer rushing yards when accounting for garbage time (i.e. the score is within three touchdowns) compared to last year when he actually won the Heisman. He has clearly progressed as a player too, working more from the pocket and showcasing his skills as a passer and not just an athlete.

He should be miles ahead of everyone for the Heisman. It's a damn shame he isn't being labeled as the favorite. He's earned it IMO. The Heisman is suppose to go to the best college football player. Not to the best player on the best team. They remembered that last year. He was the best player in college football last year, just like THIS year.

Just a wee bit surprising IMO. It's a rivalry game. Anything can and usually does happen. I wouldn't bet on this game regardless of the line. Still, a 9 1/2 point favorite is surprising.
Surprising, but that only means there isn’t a lot of LPT money coming in. This might be people who are not so familiar with the teams. Watch the line drop by Friday.

For the sake of discussion, not argument, because I believe he should win the Heisman again, but in the past the true measure of a great QB was throwing for over 4,000 yards in a season. In fact, both Redman and Brohm have in their careers. Again, not trying to compare anybody but LJ stats are like you say unprecedented and there is not a lot out there to compare with except the Vick’s, Vince Young’s, and Manziel’s. Unfortunately the translation that these type of QB’s will make the transition to being a great NFL QB just isn’t there, whether it becomes an injury issue or what. Again I know it’s college vs NFL but a lot of these guys that vote can’t separate the two.

Combining Rushing and Passing
Lamar has 4,560 yards and 40 total touchdowns
Baker has 4,056 yards and 39 total touchdowns

So Lamar has the edge there.

Lamar's case is that he has 1,287 rushing yards with 17 touchdowns. and Baker only has 240 and 5 touchdowns. Lamar is an elite passer and is putting up rushing numbers of an elite running back on top of that. He is an entire offense in one body with less talent around him. (He also is a class act and a perfect ambassador for the game)

Baker's case rides on his passing numbers. He has 3,816 yards and 35 touchdowns...but his big edge is that he has a completion percentage of 70.8% and Lamar is at 59.8%. He throws more so his overall numbers should be higher, but his edge is that completion percentage. He also has some "Heisman moments" (and some embarrassing moments grabbing his crotch and being arrested haha) especially his win at Ohio State (dont forget the flag plant.

Who deserves it? I guess it comes down to what the voter determines. If it was clear cut the best player award...its Lamar. If its the best player leading his team to big wins...its probably going to be Baker. Baker's stats and performance are worthy of the Heisman no doubt, but he's not a better player than Lamar...but that's not how voters vote most all of the time.

Lamar's case is that he has 1,287 rushing yards with 17 touchdowns. and Baker only has 240 and 5 touchdowns. Lamar is an elite passer and is putting up rushing numbers of an elite running back on top of that. He is an entire offense in one body with less talent around him. (He also is a class act and a perfect ambassador for the game)

Baker's case rides on his passing numbers. He has 3,816 yards and 35 touchdowns...but his big edge is that he has a completion percentage of 70.8% and Lamar is at 59.8%. He throws more so his overall numbers should be higher, but his edge is that completion percentage. He also has some "Heisman moments" (and some embarrassing moments grabbing his crotch and being arrested haha) especially his win at Ohio State (dont forget the flag plant.

Who deserves it? I guess it comes down to what the voter determines. If it was clear cut the best player award...its Lamar. If its the best player leading his team to big wins...its probably going to be Baker. Baker's stats and performance are worthy of the Heisman no doubt, but he's not a better player than Lamar...but that's not how voters vote most all of the time.
Believe it or not, LJ has more pass attempts than crotchy- 378 to 329. I don't watch OU so I don't know the WR situation there but, if you only counted the balls that have been right in their hands but have been dropped by UofL's WRs - LJ's completion % would be about 65% and he'd have another 500 yds.

Beyond the disappointing team play / record, LJ has the "misfortune" of competing against the 2016 version of himself. I'm convinced that his stats would have to have been 15-20% better than last year's for him to have gone B2B Heismans.

9 1/2 points, that seems like a lot to me. I don't know much about gambling but I'd expect this to shrink down by game time.

I'd like to see Oklahoma lose out, and somehow, someway for us and them to meet in a Bowl Game...Let's settle this little debate on the field...LJ would Destroy Oklahoma and BM!!!

:cool:

I'd like to see Oklahoma lose out, and somehow, someway for us and them to meet in a Bowl Game...Let's settle this little debate on the field...LJ would Destroy Oklahoma and BM!!!

:cool:
Unfortunately, BM would go against our defense, not Lamar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT