ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Lacrosse Falls to Duke 12-10

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
#15 Louisville Lacrosse was under the lights of Cardinal Stadium last night in an ACC Lax match-up against #8 Duke. In a televised contest on the ACC Network, the Cards fell to the Blue Devils 12-10.

Louisville got three goals from Ally Hall, and two each from Caroline Blalock and Nicole Perroni, falling to 5-7 on the season and 1-6 in ACC play.

The Cards overcame an early 2-0 Duke lead to run off five straight goals in the first half and then saw Duke go on a run with five straight goals. Halftime brought a 7-6 Duke lead. Hall had two of her goals in the first half.

After allowing the first two goals of the second half, Lou Lax responded with four straight goals to grab a 10-9 lead with 13:23 left in the game. Perroni had both of her scores in the run. The Cards would not find the back of the net the rest of the way, though, against Duke's pressure zone defense and an incredible effort from Duke goalkeeper Sophia LaRose in net, who recorded 13 of her 14 total saves in the final 30 minutes.

Louisville head Lacrosse Coach Scott Teeter spoke with Cardinal Couple's Paulie after the match:

POST GAME SCOTT TEETER DUKE GAME 4/8/21

Louisville Lacrosse continues the home events with two games against #3 Syracuse next Friday and Sunday at the Louisville Lacrosse Stadium.

--sonja--

Reactions: Deeva
Tough loss I have been to a couple of games and there is a lot of running involved. These girls are really in shape being fast paced makes it more exciting than what one would think. My nephew is a technical director for the TV coverage who is working the games for lacrosse, softball and baseball.

Reactions: FlavRunit
Tough loss I have been to a couple of games and there is a lot of running involved. These girls are really in shape being fast paced makes it more exciting than what one would think. My nephew is a technical director for the TV coverage who is working the games for lacrosse, softball and baseball.
He probably knows Daryl Foust, then, who writes for Cardinal Couple.

ADVERTISEMENT