Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Michael Bush stays healthy for the entire 2006 Season

Votes: 42 93.3%

• Total voters

LeFors4Ever

3500+
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2017
Since we're getting close to FOOTBALL! I have an interesting talk about our history. I want to discuss something.

Many here will always say the greatest what-if would be if Michael Bush had stayed healthy in 2006? Possible National Title game and Heisman we missed out on for the year.

But , I always tend to say the 2014 team was our most talented team in Louisville history and it's factual. The 3rd most NFL draft picks were on that team of any team in the nation. We had 10 players drafted after that season. It was really the pinnacle of all the great recruiting and development from the Charlie era. Bobby came in and had the keys to the car as we entered the ACC.

But imagine for a minute that Teddy Bridgewater would've returned for the 2014 season? Remember that season we had that early loss to UVA, the close loss at Clemson, and that Halloween game against Jameis and FSU. That team was GREAT overall, but Will Gardner wasn't great and health was an issue & we had to play Reggie Bonnafon at QB. We even won at Notre Dame. Teddy running the offense with Bobby calling players combined with all that talent would've been clearly our best team ever. I think they would've easily handled UVA and Clemson. I think with Teddy at QB, we probably finish off FSU because DeVante was healthy at that point and a Teddy/DeVante duo with Bobby calling plays would've been epic.

We never really give that 2014 team much credit, but they were a really great team and didn't even have a QB. The ACC was tough that year, plus we had a game with Notre Dame. They truly had the Power 5 size and speed all over the field that we've always dreamed of, but being in a division with Clemson and FSU playing elite football will overshadow some things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.