ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville cant beat any SEC teams.

Probability of a two game skid against the SEC beginning next year is extremely high. But, yes, 4 straight bowl games against the SEC during Petrino II, 1-3.

I thought outside of Lamar's multiple interceptions, UofL simply didn't control the LOS very well.

Bring Brohm HOME!!!

Reactions: The Public Enemy
It was apparent from early on that Louisville wasn't up to task. They did a poor job stuffing the run game.

An 8-5 season with the Heisman trophy winner pulling the trigger, is a big disappointment.

They need to make a strong play for Jeff Brohm next week....I'm serious.

Offense wasnt badly called. We drove on any drive other than the picks. Im sure people would be blaming Bobby right now had Jackson not thrown 4 picks directly to the defenders..........not.

Offense wasnt badly called. We drove on any drive other than the picks. Im sure people would be blaming Bobby right now had Jackson not thrown 4 picks directly to the defenders..........not.
Didn’t see #4 but the 3rd pick was right thru Smith’s hands - that one is at least on him.

The reality is Louisville doesn't have the lines on either side of the ball to deal with the SEC West lines.

Lamar has really struggled in the last 2 bowl games. He has had a lot going on both years. All the picks today where totally on Lamar not play calling. All the interceptions today were horribly inaccurate. Knowing how competitive he is I am sure he is really disappointed. He has a great future and was fun to watch. He was a great ambassador for the school.

The reality is Louisville doesn't have the lines on either side of the ball to deal with the SEC West lines.

Lamar has really struggled in the last 2 bowl games. He has had a lot going on both years. All the picks today where totally on Lamar not play calling. All the interceptions today were horribly inaccurate. Knowing how competitive he is I am sure he is really disappointed. He has a great future and was fun to watch. He was a great ambassador for the school.
Yes and no. Pick 3 was on Smith. Better play calling (screens, slants, roll outs) would have kept MSU on their heels and not in the jailbreak pass rush all day - which would have given LJ more time.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
That pass to Smith was a rocket from 5 yards away Smith barely got his hands up. On the flip side the pass to Stansberry (he dropped) was a perfect throw in tight coverage.

Yes it was.

O-line is a joke.
No ole fashion screens to offset blitzes.
No established running backs.
Red zone failures.
1-10 vs ranked teams since 2014.
I reiterate. Only one win against SEC teams. SuCkS isnt a real SEC team.

Brohm goes 11-2 with this same team,same schedule.

Reactions: td75

Agreed. U of L doesn’t match up well with the SEC West. However, we play them quite frequently it seems and have to face the best in 2018. I hope Bobby learns from the mistakes of this bowl game because he will be facing a very similar offense and defense in September. MSU is arguably Alabama light.

Reactions: Mayoman
We’re not having this conversation if the pass wasn’t dropped in the end zone. That pass should have been caught. We didn’t get crushed, we should have won that game. We imploded on the last drive and looked horrible. And we should have won by a TD. But we had plenty of opportunities. Four interceptions killed us. That’s the bottom line.

Have to recruit better across LOS. Three and 2 star recruits ain't gonna cut it in the ACC and against the better SEC schools.

All 4 teams in the playoffs can just line up and run it if need be. Three of the 4 have outstanding defenses. We are way too one dimensional. Having said that 4 ints will get you beat about 99% of the time.

Last edited:
You said SEC. That excludes UofK? They supposed to be SEC but they are more like a Sun Belt football program IMO.

latest

Reactions: Cue Card
I think you may be pleasantly surprised about your offense next year. I believe Pass fits the system Petrino likes better than Jackson.

Florida
USCjr
Vandy
Mizzou
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Tennessee
LPT
Maybe aTm
and MSU

We CAN beat all the above. Not necessarily that would, but we can beat them.

We cannot beat
Bama
AU
JawJaw
LSU

ADVERTISEMENT