ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville better throw the bank

All they have and get this done because word is..... Auburn is about to come calling for Brohm next
well if Brohm wants or thinks he can compete against Ala,LSU dont think he can have at it. He aint worth getting into a bidding war against that school way more money than we can offer thats a fact!

Reactions: Rollem Cards
No Bidding War!! Dont put us in worse financial shape for a guy that we dont even know is proven yet. He could tank just like Bobby did, nobody saw that coming.

Yeah he beat Ohio St but he also got prison raped by a very average Minnesota team. I would like Brohm here but not for crazy money.

Well at least we know if Stoops takes that job and Brohm falls through Malzahn is out their woulod be the nextt best target available be a reach but not impossible.

I don't think a program like Auburn the fans would be gaga for Brohm. They expect a big name ie Stoops types

Scanned their boards BoB Stoops is what the talk is and who they expect and want

Reactions: goukcatsgo
Matt Jones‏@KySportsRadio
Talked to a VERY good source on UL coaching search: 1. Tyra reached out to Brohm but Brohm felt offer was “surprisingly low”....conversations ongoing but far from a sure thing. 2. Neal Brown and one other person (whose name I was not told) are next choices

3:32 PM - 26 Nov 2018

I hope whomever feeds Jones U of L info gave him misinformation especially the Neal Brown crap . Tyra would need to just resign his position if he even attempts to hire Brown.e would lose all credibilty and any leverage with donors and fans

Reactions: Cue Card
Jones is usually spot on. Wonder what surprisingly low is? Should get near what BP was getting I would think. Not 6M though, I would go to next on deck if that were the case.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Thing is none of our so called pro U of L media guys ever go on twitter and debunk him. Bad enough he is always tweeting breaking info on our program before any of our supposedly card media does.

Talked to a VERY good source on UL coaching search: 1. Tyra reached out to Brohm but Brohm felt offer was “surprisingly low”....conversations ongoing but far from a sure thing. 2. Neal Brown and one other person (whose name I was not told) are next choices

Why are you posting Matty Bangs on the UofL board. He literally said a few weeks ago he didn't have a UofL source anymore. He's just repeating things from other outlets and passes it off as a "source." But what he said isn't true from what I've seen and I know who I'm trusting in this one.

According to multiple trusted sources, deal is around 5.5-6 mil and should be official within a few days
So Tyra went from a surprisingly low offer to 5.5M. I am guessing initial offer 4.75

If it is truly 5.5m it doesn't matter what Purdue offers.

Why are you posting Matty Bangs on the UofL board. He literally said a few weeks ago he didn't have a UofL source anymore. He's just repeating things from other outlets and passes it off as a "source." But what he said isn't true from what I've seen and I know who I'm trusting in this one.
Just as other posters have noted Jones is usually spot on with his U of L info. Okay so gives us your link/ source as you state you have and prove him wrong!

Just as other posters have noted Jones is usually spot on with his U of L info. Okay so gives us your link/ source as you state you have and prove him wrong!

Yeah spot on until he blatantly said he doesn't have a source anymore. Anyone can look at his tweet and know it's false

Yeah spot on until he blatantly said he doesn't have a source anymore. Anyone can look at his tweet and know it's false
I hope it is false. However you say it is based on your sources and what you have seen. So why cant you show us what you have seen and know so we can be assured Jones info is wrong. That's all

There's apparent sources all over the place saying all different things. I don't know what's true anymore lol

There's apparent sources all over the place saying all different things. I don't know what's true anymore lol
One thing is consistent all the things written or tweeted out have come from media folks that don't like U of L. And nothing from pro U of L media if any exist.

One thing that is known, he is definitely negotiating. These Purdue bots seemed pretty certain he was perfectly happy there and wouldnt even talk. Hate to break it to them, but his eye is wandering.

Reactions: Chapman123
One thing that is known, he is definitely negotiating. These Purdue bots seemed pretty certain he was perfectly happy there and wouldnt even talk. Hate to break it to them, but his eye is wandering.
Na I figured he would talk and negotiate. He would be foolish not to even if he had no interest in going. He did it with Tennessee last year. It's how he gets more money. Hopefully today is the last day of this madness!

Reactions: BleedinGold
I dont think its the money, I think its the longevity of the contract. My guess is that Tyra offered him a 4yr deal and Brohm want longer than that. But we just had to pay out the remaining term of the last coaches contract to the tune of 14M so he definitely wants to avoid that. I heard Purdue may be willing to go as high as 8yrs, that would probably lock him down if they go that route.

I'm hearing (on here) he's not asking for the crazy money.

I certainly hope he's not, and will welcome him, and look forward to what he will do.

But if it takes crazy money? Let Purdue pay it. We've been burned once. Let them take the risk.

Reactions: GoldCard
I'm hearing (on here) he's not asking for the crazy money.

I certainly hope he's not, and will welcome him, and look forward to what he will do.

But if it takes crazy money? Let Purdue pay it. We've been burned once. Let them take the risk.
I still believe he is coming home. I also think the timing of when to announce his homecoming is being negotiated along with other details of his return. Maybe the shoe drops today and he's announced as the new head coach tonight at the basketball game? Seems like a perfect time to do it to me.

Purdue should be worried.

It is 100% fact that Jeff Brohm is currently negotiating with Louisville. Brohm wants the job, the details are just getting ironed out.

Not a done deal by any stretch but Jeff wants to come to Louisville and what he's asking for isn't unreasonable or crazy.

I'm not sure what Tyra is doing in trying to get a "bargain" with Brohm.

Reactions: Cue Card
ADVERTISEMENT