ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville 2021 Draft Prospects?

LeFors4Ever

3500+
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2017
Who are some of the guys that are on draft boards or may jump on the boards this year?

Dez has always had a lot of potential and scouts looking at him. The lost year of 2018 really hurt him, but hope he rebounds with a big senior year.

Javian Hawkins is one of the most explosive players in the nation. With another 1k season, I think he will start getting big talk. Considering this will be his 3rd year at the Ville, with the short shelf life of NFL run in backs and his small body, he probably will be gone if he gets a contract.

Tutu is an interesting case. He’s getting a lot of preseason buzz as a top wideout in the nation. His 4.27 speed would raise all kinds of eyebrows at the combine. Not the biggest frame, but he’s shown he’s a flat out playmaker.

Anyone else? I’d hate to lose all 3 after this year, but if it means they all have big years then I can’t be too mad.

Who are some of the guys that are on draft boards or may jump on the boards this year?

Dez has always had a lot of potential and scouts looking at him. The lost year of 2018 really hurt him, but hope he rebounds with a big senior year.

Javian Hawkins is one of the most explosive players in the nation. With another 1k season, I think he will start getting big talk. Considering this will be his 3rd year at the Ville, with the short shelf life of NFL run in backs and his small body, he probably will be gone if he gets a contract.

Tutu is an interesting case. He’s getting a lot of preseason buzz as a top wideout in the nation. His 4.27 speed would raise all kinds of eyebrows at the combine. Not the biggest frame, but he’s shown he’s a flat out playmaker.

Anyone else? I’d hate to lose all 3 after this year, but if it means they all have big years then I can’t be too mad.
Just me taking an off the wall guess but I’m gonna say Dez drafted in the later rounds. Hawk drafted in the later rounds. Tutu in the first 3 rounds and if Cunningham takes another leap it’ll be interesting to see how high he can climb on boards. If you look on early boards right now for example Jamie Newman is supposed to be a lock 1st rounder next year. 2868 passing yards. 26TD’s 11ints. 61% completion%. 574 rushing with 6 TD’s. That’s in a full season worth of games. Cunningham in and out of the lineup with not a full seasons worth of games was 2065 passing. 22 TS’s 5 ints with 63% completion %.482 rushing 6 TD’s. Give him one full season of this level of production plus the fact that he’ll only be better in year 2 under Satt he’s bound to shoot up draft boards. If Jamie Newman is a lock 1st rounder then Cunningham can certainly get in that discussion. Might just be a homer but I’d take him over Newman right now easily and wouldn’t think twice about it. Another guy Kellen Mond at Texas A&M. Considered to be a top 5 QB coming out next year. Last season. 20 TD’s 9 int. 62% completion. 500 rushing yards and 8 TD’s. Again if these guys are all top 5 next year Cunningham can certainly break into that category.

Just me taking an off the wall guess but I’m gonna say Dez drafted in the later rounds. Hawk drafted in the later rounds. Tutu in the first 3 rounds and if Cunningham takes another leap it’ll be interesting to see how high he can climb on boards. If you look on early boards right now for example Jamie Newman is supposed to be a lock 1st rounder next year. 2868 passing yards. 26TD’s 11ints. 61% completion%. 574 rushing with 6 TD’s. That’s in a full season worth of games. Cunningham in and out of the lineup with not a full seasons worth of games was 2065 passing. 22 TS’s 5 ints with 63% completion %.482 rushing 6 TD’s. Give him one full season of this level of production plus the fact that he’ll only be better in year 2 under Satt he’s bound to shoot up draft boards. If Jamie Newman is a lock 1st rounder then Cunningham can certainly get in that discussion. Might just be a homer but I’d take him over Newman right now easily and wouldn’t think twice about it. Another guy Kellen Mond at Texas A&M. Considered to be a top 5 QB coming out next year. Last season. 20 TD’s 9 int. 62% completion. 500 rushing yards and 8 TD’s. Again if these guys are all top 5 next year Cunningham can certainly break into that category.
Cunningham is not a very big guy, and gets nicked up from time to time. That will hurt his draft stock some. He’s good, but he’s no Kyler.

Cunningham is not a very big guy, and gets nicked up from time to time. That will hurt his draft stock some. He’s good, but he’s no Kyler.
I never said he’s Kyler. He does get nicked up but the NFL is starting to get away from the “well he needs to be 6,4 220” model of QB prospects. It’s can they play or can’t they. The reason Cunningham isn’t getting the buzz of some of the other guys is simply because he didn’t play a full season or his numbers would destroy most of these guys who people think are “better”’ then him. If he’s healthy this will be his breakout year. Louisville fans know how good he is but on a national level most people don’t even know his name.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT