ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville “European Football”

Cardinal Cash

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2016
Posted this on the collision course but wanted to give Zipp props. We made cuts in the department and it bit us on this one. New soccer coach is awful. Hopefully we can get the money train rolling again and fire this guy. We have some of the best facilities in the country. We should not be 1-5-1. The program is a joke right now.

I’m sure some of the dismissals due to covid failures didn’t help but we are still a bad team.

Reactions: zipp and rh62531
Last year they made it to the Elite 8 and lost to the eventual champion. But yes this year is kind of a mess.

Posted this on the collision course but wanted to give Zipp props. We made cuts in the department and it bit us on this one. New soccer coach is awful. Hopefully we can get the money train rolling again and fire this guy. We have some of the best facilities in the country. We should not be 1-5-1. The program is a joke right now.

I’m sure some of the dismissals due to covid failures didn’t help but we are still a bad team.
Tell Bud if he really wants to know why Lolla left, he should ask.

And it would scare most fans to know how much money has been cut from men's basketball the last few years. Amazes me that Mack signed up for this...

It’s called a market correction Zipp. Men’s basketball isn’t a cash cow for anyone these days.

It’s called a market correction Zipp. Men’s basketball isn’t a cash cow for anyone these days.
Your program has been cut signifcantly compared to, for example, the slapd!cks. We now have a fraction of the men's basketball budget that they do, 25% excl. the head coach's salary.

You can't compete where we want to without money. Nor can we expect Mack to be a magician...

LINK

Last edited:
My program? I probably care less about basketball than you do. All I’m saying is that the over-funding of that sport is dead. What happens to UK when their cash cow is no longer viable and they have to settle for a no-name who can’t recruit like cal? College hoops is dead on the vine

U of L basketball contributes a far larger share of profit to the rest of the department than basketball programs elsewhere. Or we used to. If as you say "college hoops is dead on the vine," that's gonna have a disproportionate financial effect on U of L athletics. I don't think our fans are ready for that even if you can explain it that way...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT