ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like we might have a Messiah coming

GoldCard

Three-Star Poster
Jun 13, 2001
4 star out of high school who initially went to Michigan State. Just led his juco to the national title. Looks like UofL is his top choice as most other P5 programs are looking for freshmen.

Does this mean a position change for Puma? He could probably kick ass as a tight end that we could utilize on trick plays.

I'm always cautious on analyzing JUCO talent, especially in football. Have seen some succeed, but oftentimes too big of a jump in speed and talent. Either way, getting a QB in here that fits CSS's system will be key in getting things going in the right direction.

Josh Heupel, QB, Weber State University —> Snow College —> Oklahoma
Aaron Rodgers, QB, Butte Community College —> Cal
Warren Moon, QB, West Los Angeles College —> Washington
Brad Banks, QB, UCF —> Hinds Community College —> Iowa
Seneca Wallace, QB, Oregon State —> Sacramento City College —> Iowa State
Roger Staubach, QB, New Mexico Military Institute —> Navy
Cam Newton, QB, Florida —> Blinn Junior College —> Auburn

These QBs made the jump from JUCO to D1 and had very impressive college careers.

I'm always cautious on analyzing JUCO talent, especially in football. Have seen some succeed, but oftentimes too big of a jump in speed and talent. Either way, getting a QB in here that fits CSS's system will be key in getting things going in the right direction.
Where do you coach?

Josh Heupel, QB, Weber State University —> Snow College —> Oklahoma
Aaron Rodgers, QB, Butte Community College —> Cal
Warren Moon, QB, West Los Angeles College —> Washington
Brad Banks, QB, UCF —> Hinds Community College —> Iowa
Seneca Wallace, QB, Oregon State —> Sacramento City College —> Iowa State
Roger Staubach, QB, New Mexico Military Institute —> Navy
Cam Newton, QB, Florida —> Blinn Junior College —> Auburn

These QBs made the jump from JUCO to D1 and had very impressive college careers.

Those are definitely some good ones, no doubt! I still go with the odds where there are 60+ JUCO programs and only a handful of these guys make it at a big-time level. Last 10 years, that means a minimum of 600 QB's came from JUCO and would be hard pressed to find 10% of those that have worked out. Again, just an opinion. Hell, if we get this guy, I hope he is the next Stefan Lefors!

Reactions: gocds
Where do you coach?
Louis makes a fair statement since most on this board post Monday Morning quarterback opinions every week- also hear chatter during the spring practices about who should start over who.
Look no further than Puma - didn’t Saint Nick at Bama evaluate and want him?
Nothing wrong with making an opinion.
Not sure we have had a lot of luck with Jucco’s.

maybe Puma is a great QB...just not under Petrino? maybe kid just laid down....dunno.
may be superstars on this roster just takes a different coach/man to bring the best out sometimes.

Reactions: vegasville1
Hey, he threw for 261 yards and 3 TD's against us, so must mean he is one of the 10% I reference above!

Reactions: DerekMcPwn
4 star out of high school who initially went to Michigan State. Just led his juco to the national title. Looks like UofL is his top choice as most other P5 programs are looking for freshmen.

Does this mean a position change for Puma? He could probably kick ass as a tight end that we could utilize on trick plays.
He doesn't have the speed to get open for passes and lacks the bulk and intensity to be an effective blocker. Actually, I think Puma's best position might be small forward.

He doesn't have the speed to get open for passes and lacks the bulk and intensity to be an effective blocker. Actually, I think Puma's best position might be small forward.

I truly dont think he likes contact. You can just tell when they called a read/option if it was between battling for one extra yard or diving sideways, he dove sideways!

Not very many QB's. Clemons came from GA and Fields didnt have a choice as I think he went all Kemari Averitt on his girlfriend at TCU.

All good, I started to be sarcastic, but you've never given me crap on here, so I just answered it.
I was being serious. I don't have the ability to analyze talent really....I just kind of go off what other people like yourself say. I realize different schemes of different coaches calls for certain things and I don't have a clue what to look for. I've never coached though..played for 9 years but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to coaching really .

I was being serious. I don't have the ability to analyze talent really....I just kind of go off what other people like yourself say. I realize different schemes of different coaches calls for certain things and I don't have a clue what to look for. I've never coached though..played for 9 years but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to coaching really .

Gotcha, i have been going to games with the same group of guys forever and they think I'm f'n crazy, b/c I cant just watch a game--I analyze every damn thing postive and negative. Same goes for basketball and baseball, as wells. Have young sons and getting into all that again. I love coaching, probably missed my calling, but 25K and bunch of HS smartasses didnt sound good to me 15-20 years ago.

Just like celebrating a QB that was mediocre, at best. He averaged 140 yards passing a game. Your own fanbase called for GUNNAR all year. You can't be that dumb......or..........

Nate Harris came to UofL vía a junior college and had a great career here, starring on the Orange Bowl team. Willie Williams is the transfer from Miami, Fl, who played about 2 games and was kicked off the team due to criminal activity.

ADVERTISEMENT