ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Vince Tyra will be named interim AD

From what I've read, mighty good choice. Smart, no baggage, loves the Cardinals. Knows he has a job to do and willing to work to get things settled down. You guys could have gotten worse.

Knucklehank1, so you think any successful businessman can be a good athletic director. How many AD's have we had that has achieved as much as Tom Jurich? I think what we are seeing is a close knit group of friends positioning themselves to take over. Vince does not have the background or experience to run the Louisville Athletic Department.

I agree with Zipp if this stays in place you will see coaches across the board leave Louisville. The one thing that Postel and the BOT has definitely done was take a bad situation and make it worse. Nobody is talking about the other schools that were named by the FBI everybody is focusing on us. Postel and the BOT ( or the goon squad) is dragging this out and making it worse.

Postel's mishandling of this will cost us dearly and the BOT and Matt Bevin can share the blame.

Reactions: zipp
Postel's a liar, and Tyra's his guy. Sorry, I don't need a lot more than that to start forming an opinion.

But if I had the interim AD in front of me, I would ask:
  • How easy will it be working for a boss with almost no credibility in your fanbase?
  • Since it won't be your decision, do you support the return of Tom Jurich?
  • Do you support your alma mater when most of your fans and staff dislike slapd!cks? And how will you relate to that?
OK, I probably wouldn't use the word "slapd!cks"... :cool:

Postel's a liar, and Tyra's his guy. Sorry, I don't need a lot more than that to start forming an opinion.

But if I had the interim AD in front of me, I would ask:
  • How easy will it be working for a boss with almost no credibility in your fanbase?
  • Since it won't be your decision, do you support the return of Tom Jurich?
  • Do you support your alma mater when most of your fans and staff dislike slapd!cks? And how will you relate to that?
OK, I probably wouldn't use the word "slapd!cks"... :cool:
He’s not postel’s guy - these moves are above postel’s pay grade. He’s grissom’s guy - he and Tyra go way back. Grissom is calling all the shots - postel is just his errand boy.

You are right though - postel has proven himself to be a liar.

Reactions: SoulSr and Cue Card
We are all grateful or the appointment of Vince Tyra who is an accomplished businessman and the son of UL great Charlie Tyra.

We are all grateful or the appointment of Vince Tyra who is an accomplished businessman and the son of UL great Charlie Tyra.
Speak for yourself. The jury is still out on Vince IMO. He'll have to show he can do the job regardless of who is Daddy is. Love what his Dad did for the Cards, but that was then. This is now.

Speak for yourself. The jury is still out on Vince IMO. He'll have to show he can do the job regardless of who is Daddy is. Love what his Dad did for the Cards, but that was then. This is now.
The jury is not out on the previous bunch. It sad and pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT