ADVERTISEMENT

Let's help LPT...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
..I'm still in a spirit-of-giving hangover from the holidays, and I can't help but try to help.

Reportedly, LPT has lost a team from its schedule next year when UAB shut down its football program. And they need a replacement. Gauging from their recent OOC opponents, their need for a W, and the improbability of getting a name opponent to play a game at LPT without a return game, who should they contact?

Anyone know if that New Jersey school I was reading about also has a football program?

LPT Football: Michigan says "watch out!"...

Would love to see them play UC or UCF, but that aint gonna happen. Probably be Western Carolina or Maine

"GPT"....
innocent0009.r191677.gif

Or Incarnate Word. These guys DO play football...

UIW

LPT Football: Nebraska says "watch out!"...

I don't think they should schedule any of the bottom feeders from a Power 5 conference. They already had to cancel the IU series in the 90's because it was too hard.

They need to look at the worst of the worst, probably a Sun Belt team like Georgia State, Idaho, or New Mexico State. The last two would likely be ideal because you can add jetlag from the timezone shift to their handicaps.

Originally posted by zipp:
Or Incarnate Word. These guys DO play football...

UIW

LPT Football: Nebraska says "watch out!"...
These guy upset Nebraska basketball 74-73 back on Dec.12th. And they are also called The Cardinals.

Originally posted by CardVille:
Would love to see them play UC or UCF, but that aint gonna happen...Remember I said they also need some assurance of a W.

LPT Football: Those teams scare us...

kentucky and indiana played until 2005. kentucky had won 9 of the last 11 meetings, including 3 of 4 while on probation. indiana approached kenttucky about cancelling the series.

Originally posted by Mike'sMarbles:
I don't think they should schedule any of the bottom feeders from a Power 5 conference. They already had to cancel the IU series in the 90's because it was too hard.

Maybe Madison Southern in an effort to get Damien Harris. He won't be there, but it might be a factor.

Originally posted by DirtyOlDawg:
As a visiting lurker, could one of you tell me what "LPT" stands for?
Feel Free to GPT them anytime. A national sports writer came up with it for us a long time ago, and it stuck. Someone may still be able to link it. Was pretty funny as I remember.

There was a 3 or 4 year period that they were VPT (Vandy's Play Toy). 38-8, 40-0, 22-6. 8 + 0 + 6 is easy. But the bigger numbers are a little more difficult to add, but I think, if my math is right it's 100.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT