ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go! Tuesday baseball. Beat X!

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Those clowns from Cincy stole one from us last year in 10. I'd love a little revenge, but I'd prefer to see the bats come alive, and for Prosecky to turn in a solid performance. Is it too much to ask for all 3? I submit it is not. Go Cards!

Cards battle back in the late innings to prevail over a very stubborn Xavier team.
It was a great comeback by the Cards.

The home crowd dug in and kept the team in the game,imo.
Might be the first time I've seen that in a mid week game, although I'm sure it's not.

Reactions: PHCARD
Coming home this weekend. Looking forward to baseball. Requesting at least 50 degrees and sunshine. :cool: I hear sunshine has been a rarity for weeks.

Reactions: CardX
Still on the road Sunday, but not bad for you guys and the team.

That game was frustrating. Thrilled with the win for sure. Fielding errors - bad. Just not capitalizing with guys in base - bad. Pitching - Prosecky was decent; I’ll give him a C+. But, being a C+ isn’t going to cut it. Getting some solid contributions from Metz and Usher specifically. Britton, Bianco and Davis have been pretty consistent. Oriente showing his senior status with timely hitting.
As mentioned, this team is missing two starters. This is huge. If our pitching can hold the line I think our hitters can get the job done. But, can the bullpen get it done? Kirian and Elliot can’t pitch every day.

I like that we're getting contributions from a lot of different fellas. Bardman is right about Usher and Metzinger. Those 2 guys have stood out here lately.
This weekend it could be 2 different players. Metzinger reminds me of the year Stowers got his chance and made it hard for CM to take him out of the lineup. These kind of things are exactly what the team needed when players got hurt.

Reactions: Bardman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT